Adventureland Rumors!!!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Rumor has it around the net that adventureland will open a half hour later then the rest of the park!! :-(

DisJosh

That sux!! You already have to wait like an hour for frontierland dont ya?! Is there a reason or point for doing this?

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
That sux!! You already have to wait like an hour for frontierland dont ya?! Is there a reason or point for doing this?

well they gotta save money some how!

DisJosh

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

well they gotta save money some how!

R u serious?! How much money could an hour less of operating attractions in one land save them. I mean when Alice went to wonderland she didnt have to wait for seperate parts to open up!!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

R u serious?! How much money could an hour less of operating attractions in one land save them. I mean when Alice went to wonderland she didnt have to wait for seperate parts to open up!!

not really sure what the real reason is. but there doing it for some reason.

The Mom

Premium Member

Why don't they just get it over with and open the whole park later? That way we wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to be there at opening. ;) I'm sure all you teenagers/night owls would appreciate that. The heat would be a problem in the summer, but otherwise it would work. Open later, close earlier, just as long as they keep it crowded all day. ;)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn

Why don't they just get it over with and open the whole park later? That way we wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to be there at opening. ;) I'm sure all you teenagers/night owls would appreciate that. The heat would be a problem in the summer, but otherwise it would work. Open later, close earlier, just as long as they keep it crowded all day. ;)

calm down mom!!!! :) I guess I beter call and up the dosage on ur medcine :)

DisJosh

Despite my sleepiong habbits at home.........I always get my self up early at wdw no matter how hard it is.......and believe me its hard! But its worth it to have a nice long day in the park..........but Im usually too tired for e-ride nites:(

The Mom

Premium Member

calm down mom!!!! :) I guess I beter call and up the dosage on ur medcine :)

I'm sorry. I hate crowds, and whenever I find a way to avoid them ( go straight to WS in EPCOT, go to Adventureland first and avoid the rush for Space Mountain & Splash Mountain, etc.) they come along and change the opening and closing hours which makes it crowded again!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

Despite my sleepiong habbits at home.........I always get my self up early at wdw no matter how hard it is.......and believe me its hard! But its worth it to have a nice long day in the park..........but Im usually too tired for e-ride nites:(

oh i cant miss eride nights :)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

I'm sorry. I hate crowds, and whenever I find a way to avoid them ( go straight to WS in EPCOT, go to Adventureland first and avoid the rush for Space Mountain & Splash Mountain, etc.) they come along and change the opening and closing hours which makes it crowded again!

i'm calling the doctor now lol

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You already have to wait like an hour for frontierland dont ya?!

no you don't. Frontierland opens up w/ the rest of the park except on EE mornings. But yes, I am ed about adv'land opening late.

DisJosh

Originally posted by mktiggerman

no you don't. Frontierland opens up w/ the rest of the park except on EE mornings. But yes, I am ed about adv'land opening late.

I have had to wait for frontierland to open numerous times.......I dont recall them being EE mornings b/c we never made a point to go on EE days. all I know is that every time I'm there fairly early we have to wait for frontierland and risk being trampled by everyone headed for splash mountain.

Tramp

Rumor has it around the net that adventureland will open a half hour later then the rest of the park!! :-(

CRAP

I'm with Marcia.....it's nice to get into Adventureland while everyone else is sprinting for the mountains.

One thing that drove us nuts this year was the inconsistency of the park hours...constantly changing them day to day, or so it seemed. Example...mgm closed at 10 except on E-ride nights at the Magic Kingdom, then it closed at 9. AK closed at 6 for half our vacation, then closed at 5 the rest. Magic kingdom closed at 10 most nights except one or two nights it closed at 11 and we still don't know why. Epcot was consistent.

By the way, the EE for resort guests, annual passholders, etc...is a farce....anyone with a valid ticket can walk thru those gates and hit the rides early.

I don't know about anyone else...but I LOVED it when the Magic Kingdom was open til 1 a.m. . I would rather pay a little more for the tickets and have the park open late then this crap of shortening the hours.

Kevin

I'm a night person and really prefer late operating hours. I could care less when they open other than the earlier they open the sooner the families and kids wear out!

wdwmaniac

How is Disney hurting for money. 5 billion for Fox Family, a bid for AT&T broadband unit, and all Eisners bonuses. Don't they have plenty of money?

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmaniac
How is Disney hurting for money. 5 billion for Fox Family, a bid for AT&T broadband unit, and all Eisners bonuses. Don't they have plenty of money?

lol yeah there hurting big time. But they have to make up for all of the people sueing them.. now but serious there has to be a good reason why there going to open it up late. attendence is down so thats there why cutting back i guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom