Adults with a "Birthday" button

mp2bill

I have celebrated my birthday in the parks and for the most part it was the restaurants that really recognized it with either a cupcake or a cake to celebrate. And many of the castmembers in the parks,etc did wish me a happy birthday.

Pam

Same here. Nothing great happens, but all the CMs are certainly very cordial.

flyer31

I recently celebrated my birthday at Disneyland...I know not the World, but I think that the experience would be the same. When I checked in, the front desk agent had handed me about 10 balloons, gave me a button to wear at the parks, and when I got back to my room that night there was a keepsake cake and candle made from some towels and ribbon, a bunch of chocolates on my pillow and a plate of Mickey rice crispy squares for a night time snack. I think it doesn't matter what age you are, Disney tries to make it special for everyone, and I think that that is fantastic!!! I would love to celebrate more birthdays at Disney!!!

Hrudey3032

Kids , I can definately understand but adults... grow up. Just my opinion.

Why not just carry a sign that says" LOOK AT ME!!! I need some attention and maybe a free dessert, too!" :D

Well people who get married and wear the matching mouse ears do the same thing.Why should your birthday be any different :shrug: I could have a party at a bar or I could have it at WDW where I would be my happiest and want to celebrate it with everyone. I am there to have fun and its nice to meet people in the parks from all over the place and who knows maybe a cute female who notices my b-day pin and smiles at me and strikes up a conversation :) could one day become my DW :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
What about the people in the big foam hats? Besides isnt the normal fan mantra that Disney is a place where you can be a child again.....

Q cheesey music and animated hottie sprinkling dust.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Why not just carry a sign that says" LOOK AT ME!!! I need some attention and maybe a free dessert, too!" :D
Lighten up... Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Disney provides an escape from the real world where everybody can be a kid or at least a kid at heart. If people want to celebrate and share a special time in their lives with others and it does no harm to you, why be such a grumpy curmudgeon? Live and let live and maybe you'll live a bit longer and happier life.

Sadie22

When I was a kid, since my birthday was in the summer, I always missed out on the in-school birthday celebrations. We were not well off and I never had a fancy birthday party at home either.

I plan to celebrate my birthday while at WDW this summer, and if someone wants to wish me a happy birthday I'll be thrilled. Since I am diabetic I am not interested in free desserts. Just my opinion, but I imagine I am a lot older than you. I've been a member of AARP for some years now.

BrerFrog

What about the people in the big foam hats? Besides isnt the normal fan mantra that Disney is a place where you can be a child again.....

Those hats are hilarious. :lol:

I wouldn't wear them though. I will stick with the button.

devoy1701

My GF and I have some special personalized Bday pins that a CM made up for us last year. One of the CMs in Uptown Jewelers is a letter print artist (or whatever the proper name is for people who do lettering) and he saw my Bday pin that I had gotten from Guest Services and he said it looked horrible! So he pulled out a new one and a box of paint pens. He spent about 15 minutes on my button, adding multiple colors and letter effects and glittery paint. It looked phenominal! We made sure to return again on my GF's bday so he could make one fore her as well!

His name escapes me right now, but we made sure to have him sign our pins

sweetpee_1993

I love celebrating at WDW! The old man & I celebrated our 15th year together in May of '08 (while there it was actually 15 years since we had met, the actual 15th wedding anniversary was 4 months later during the height of hurricane season). At our dinner at CRT Fairy Godmother acknowledged our anniversary and a few fellow guests made a fuss that we didn't look old enough to be married that long. I love those fellow guests! Same week we celebrated the hubby's 36th birthday which was lots of fun. He got to listen to the phone call at the Epcot turnstiles and Chip n Dale had a blast with us when they noticed our coordinating birthday tshirts (his said "Birthday Boy" and "I'm 36 years old today!"....mine said "Birthday Boy's Wife" and "I'm not as old as he is!"). He had lots of guests & CMs wish him a Happy Birthday. We had dinner at Biergarten and were sat with another family who's daughter was also celebrating her 11th birthday. I had ordered a birthday cake for the hubby but we ended up sharing with our table mates since we all had something to celebrate. The little girl was so happy and the parents so sweet. It was a lot of fun to share the celebration. Then, after dinner while we were staking out a spot for Illuminations a lady came running up to us & asked my husband if that day was his actual birthday. We told her it was and she started hopping around with excitement. Her husband also was 36 years old on the same day. A Photopass photographer was nearby so we had pictures for posterity of the two fellas born on the exact same day but worlds apart as the other guy was from Canada. I guess it IS a small world sometimes.

Celebrating at WDW is a blast! I can't wait for September! We'll be celebrating our 17th anniversary! :sohappy:

pixiesteno

DH & I celebrated our 22nd Anniversary in January at WDW. We had a couple of towel swans on our bed with the anniversary buttons. We held off wearing the buttons until our actual anniversay day. We were congratulated everywhere we went that day. We had dinner at the Garden Grill Rest. and when Mickey came to see us he noticed the pins and had a CM take our pictures with him holding our hands together as if he was officiating our vows. The CMs and characters all signed a card for us to take home too. It was very nice.

MickeyTraveler

. You might get a special treat or dessert occasionally, just don't depend on it.
A story here.
We were celebrating my aunts birthday this April. It was on a Friday. The whole week she didn't say it was her birthday or wear a pin and got a free dessert. Good deal :lol:

preludevtec01

Lighten up... Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Disney provides an escape from the real world where everybody can be a kid or at least a kid at heart. If people want to celebrate and share a special time in their lives with others and it does no harm to you, why be such a grumpy curmudgeon? Live and let live and maybe you'll live a bit longer and happier life.

Couldn't have said it any better!! :king:

snowpony

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses, it sounds so fun. I think I'll have to come back and celebrate the big 3-5 next March!

Freebies or not, I think what my bf would love the most is special attention by the characters. He mentioned he'd wear his birthday button the entire time we're there, and we're doing 2 character breakfasts so hopefully the characters can give him some extra birthday attention. :p Especially Pooh or Tigger....he loves them so much!

EvilQueen-T

do it! wdw is the one place you can be a kid and it's okay. we went for my sisters 39th b-day last year and she wore her button. people said happy b-day which was nice. she had a dessert w/happy b-day on it, a menu with "birthday celebration" on top that she was able to keep, she was given a fast pass for space mountain after they were all distributed... but the funniest was when we went into cosmic rays for a late night snack and all the people behind the counter started singing happy birthday...caught all of us off guard.

my husband and i wore anniversary buttons for our last anniversary trip and we had several perks similar to these as well...but overall it's just plain fun! it makes everyone around you nicer and puts everyone in an even better mood.

bjlc57

we wore an anniversery pin..

we celebrated our anniversary at WDW.. and while we got some aknowledgement.. we received nothing.. no cake or desserts.. nothing.. in fact I even mentioned it the last time I called WDW.. and they said.. THat's not very Disney like..
so.. you may or may not be on the receiving end..

T-1MILLION

To anyone in this thread who is still going against the good poitns Pumbas made earlier and if anyone who thinks its childish to want to have special moments for their adult friends...

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Walt Disney said that.

A man who played with model trains and who created the first Disney Theme Park because there should be a place where kids AND adults can have fun together.

After all at a theme park, you are just playing pretend on each attraction and in every land.

PoohBear119

DH, my MIL and I all celebrated our birthdays at the world in January. His is the 4th, mine the 19th and hers the 30th. As everyone has said, a lot of happy birthdays and sometimes free dessert and other goodies.

The most surprising was when the entire cast of Columbia Harbor House stopped and sang me happy birthday. That was a neat surprise.

PalisadesPkteer

I did it for my 50th Birthday on May 8 2008.

Got a photo of Mickey Mouse and a Balloon in my room that was there when I got back that night. Got free cookies twice at EPCOT in the Land at Sunshine Season and got chocolate cake twice at MK. Once at Cosmic Rays and once at El Pirata Y el Perico.

Was given a seat to myself 1 time on Kilimanjaro Safari and the next time let me go to left side of seat so I could get good video.

They sang happy birthday to me at Cosmic Rays by the way.Every character pointed out my button when I did the M & G stuff. Several CM's and guest's wished me happy birthday.

And in Japan Miyuki made a candy Tiger for me! One of the best presents ever.

corgipaz

My DH and I celebrated my 31st birthday and had a blast at MK and Epcot. All the characters were extra special and spent extra time with us. This was before we had kids. Now I can't wait to celebrate my sons birthdays there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom