ADR's for September Trip!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I will be there 9/23-9/29 and I snagged the ones I wanted -thank goodness.:) I was disappointed in Coral Reef back in 2007, haven't been since.:( But, I feel that most restaurants in Disney have been wonderful! My husband and Mom&Dad are pickier than I am !;)

We've heard mixed reviews about Coral Reef but we figured we're on the DDP, we might as well check it out now rather than pay out of pocket and have it be terrible!! lol

So awesome you got into 'Ohana and LC! :)

I'm super happy we got into Ohana!! :)

I didn't even see you posted this here!!! The only place that I've tried that is new on your list is Akershus for breakfast. I liked it there. I mean it's a pretty standard breakfast. I did love that they had a muffin, bagel, yogurt, etc buffet you could get in addition to the hot food they bring to your table like at Ohana for breakfast. I have been to The Plaza which you had on your list previous before you changed it...it is okay..its not high on my list. It's good but just does nothing for me.

The only ADR we have for Sept is Boma on Wednesday (9/26) night with Shelley and Jason. We had LeCellier boooked, but we just realized there is just so little time and so much to do (since we're only there for 4 days!) and don't want to waste time sitting at a table service when we'll be back in November. Plus theres a few quick service places I want to go to that we haven't had the time to such as those new waffle sandwiches!

Yeah, if you're going for such a short time, no sense wasting time sitting at a table!! Dining is such a HUGE part of the Disney experience for us, just as much as the rides and shows are. We always have at least 1 sit down meal a day. I've never tried Boma but I hear it is really good. We're trying to stick with park restaurants this time since we won't have a car. When we have a car we try and get to places like Sanaa or Whispering Canyon Cafe since getting there can be time consuming. I think Ohana is the only resort place we're dining at this whole trip!

maryszhi

So 180 days has come and gone and we've made our ADR's for September. A few new places and some old favorites. If anyone has any opinions on the new places we're going to try, I'd love to hear them! We're debating switching The Plaza for Liberty Tree Tavern and Coral Reef for Tutto Italia but for now I think this is what we're going with. I'm still checking daily for that coveted Ohana dinner as they are booked solid right now!! :(

Monday 9/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - NEW)
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - NEW)
Thursday 9/27 - The Plaza (late lunch- NEW)
Friday 9 /28 - Garden Grill (dinner - NEW though we did eat breakfast here way back in the day)
Saturday 9/29 - Via Napoli (lunch)
Sunday 9/30 - Kona Cafe (dinner)
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast - NEW)
sounds amazing :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So there has been one more change and there might be some MORE (possible) changes in the future. lol.. This is how it looks now:

Monday 9/24 - Via Napoli (dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner)
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner)
Thursday 9/27 - Le Cellier (lunch)
Friday 9 /28 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (lunch)
Saturday 9/29 - Tony's Town Square (lunch) *Changed to Rainforest Cafe
Sunday 9/30 - Ohana (dinner)
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast)

Since Epcot's 30th birthday is falling on the last day of our trip, we planned to be there for it. We also planned an 8:05am breakfast at Akershus. I know right now there have been no annoucements made in regards to early opening or ceremonies or anything for that day, but we don't want to take a chance of missing it for our breakfast. SO - for right now we're keeping Akershus but just in case, we've also booked Liberty Tree Tavern for 11:35am lunch and dinner at Les Chefs De France for 6:40 on Thurs 9/27. I tried so hard to switch around our ADR's so that we wouldn't have to bump Le Cellier but there was just no way between Thurs and Monday to change anything except for Thurs :( I'm still crossing my fingers that something at either Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's will open for an early breakfast on that Thursday but so far, no dice! We will make the final changes when/if an Epcot announcement is made.

ThinkTink721

Of these restaurants, we have eaten at The Garden Grill for dinner - we enjoyed it, but it is not one of our favorites...& we have eaten at Princess Storybook for breakfast - the breakfast was pretty good, but we prefer the dinner.
I see now that you are eating at 'Ohana - breakfast or dinner is great there...dinner there is one of our favorites!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Of these restaurants, we have eaten at The Garden Grill for dinner - we enjoyed it, but it is not one of our favorites...& we have eaten at Princess Storybook for breakfast - the breakfast was pretty good, but we prefer the dinner.
I see now that you are eating at 'Ohana - breakfast or dinner is great there...dinner there is one of our favorites!

We did Garden Grill way back in 2000 when they still had breakfast. We're going to keep checking for dinner here if we need to cancel Akershus because A - We want at least 1 character meal and B - It's definitely worth the price on the DDP!!

DisneyJunkie

Based on your selections, I can only give my opinion on a few of those places.

1. 50's Prime Time Cafe - Our group was very disappointed, both in food and in service. The food offerings were small and the waitress definitely did NOT play her role.

2. Coral Reef - Definitely one of the BEST restaurants in WDW. It's one we never miss since we discovered it. Great food in a great atmosphere.

3. Kona Cafe - Somewhere in the middle of OK and Good, I'd say. Nothing too disappointing, nothing too exciting either.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Based on your selections, I can only give my opinion on a few of those places.

1. 50's Prime Time Cafe - Our group was very disappointed, both in food and in service. The food offerings were small and the waitress definitely did NOT play her role.

2. Coral Reef - Definitely one of the BEST restaurants in WDW. It's one we never miss since we discovered it. Great food in a great atmosphere.

3. Kona Cafe - Somewhere in the middle of OK and Good, I'd say. Nothing too disappointing, nothing too exciting either.

See, we always LOVE 50's!! We always get really good service and the waistaff is always into it, even when it's the three of us ladies traveling.

I'm looking forward to trying Coral Reef!! And we are big fans of Kona Cafe, I think more so breakfast than dinner. I had the pineapple macadamia pancakes and they were AWESOME!!!!

mamamouse

9/24 Crystal palace (lunch)
1900 Park fare(dinner) PIrate&Pals fireworks

9/25 Hollywood&Vine(breakfast)

9/26 Perfectly Princess tea
Tutto italia(dinner)

9/27 Cinderellas royal Table (breakfast)
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque

9/28 Akershus(breakfast)
Le Cellier(lunch)
Coral Reef(dinner)

9/29 50's Prime Time(lunch)
The Turf Club(dinner)

9/30 Last Day no reservations,just planning on counter service

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So 180 days has come and gone and we've made our ADR's for September. A few new places and some old favorites. If anyone has any opinions on the new places we're going to try, I'd love to hear them! We're debating switching The Plaza for Liberty Tree Tavern and Coral Reef for Tutto Italia but for now I think this is what we're going with. I'm still checking daily for that coveted Ohana dinner as they are booked solid right now!! :(

Monday 9/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner) I'm not a big fan but other people like it a lot.
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - NEW) This always gets mixed reviews. We like many others at Epcot over this one.
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - NEW) Looking forward to trying this some time!
Thursday 9/27 - The Plaza (late lunch- NEW) We have been told to save our ADR and pay out of pocket for this one.
Friday 9 /28 - Garden Grill (dinner - NEW though we did eat breakfast here way back in the day) Again, this one gets consistently mixed reviews but I have never tried it.
Saturday 9/29 - Via Napoli (lunch) Trying for the first time this year, can't wait!
Sunday 9/30 - Kona Cafe (dinner) I know it has rave reviews for breakfast so i'm sure dinner is just as good.
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast - NEW)
Good call making it for breakfast! You will really like it! Great food and character experience.

Nice list! As for switching to Liberty Tree, I do believe a switch might be a good idea b/c I have been told not use an ADR for it, just to pay out of pocket. But just an FYI, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but this is "stoffers". Not a bad thing. Just saying.

I would actually recommend Rose and Crown over both Coral Reef and Tutto Italia. we did not care for Tutto at all. Or if you can, a Le Cellier for lunch. Good luck getting 'Ohana! Sending you some pixie dust!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Alright so with less than 2 weeks to go, our dining is set in stone! We've even decided which QS places we're going to dine at (some CS meals we will split so we wanted to pick places we knew would have meals on the "larger" side so we could share) All breakfasts will be at the End Zone Food Court.

Monday 9/24 - Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch - 1:20pm) (we will grab something at Backlot Express at DHS for dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - 4:55pm) (lunch at Flame Tree BBQ)
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - 5:30pm) (lunch at Starring Rolls)
Thursday 9/27 - Ohana (breakfast - 10:30am) Via Napoli (dinner - 5:45pm) (we'll probably skip lunch this day and just have a snack. No need for a CS meal in between)
Friday 9 /28 - Le Cellier (lunch - 2:05pm) (Dinner at Sunshine Seasons)
Saturday 9/29 - Rainforest Cafe (lunch - 1:45pm) (dinner will be at End Zone Food Court before the race!)
Sunday 9/30 - Ohana (dinner - 5:20pm) (lunch will be at Cosmic Rays)
Monday 10/1 - Dine around the world with our snack credits at F&W Festival

So there we go. ADR's are set and is anyone else going to be in the world and be dining the same places and times that we are?! :)

Luggage is out and I'm starting to get my clothes together and ready to pack! 13 more days! EeeeKKK!!! :)

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
I hate you so bad for having Ohana on the 30th, that's the one meal that I wasn't able to book and though I check every day, I doubt that there will suddenly be any openings for a party of 6 :(

Have a safe trip, we arrive on the 30th and are there until the 6th of October

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Alright so with less than 2 weeks to go, our dining is set in stone! We've even decided which QS places we're going to dine at (some CS meals we will split so we wanted to pick places we knew would have meals on the "larger" side so we could share) All breakfasts will be at the End Zone Food Court.

Monday 9/24 - Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch - 1:20pm) (we will grab something at Backlot Express at DHS for dinner)
Thursday 9/27 - Ohana (breakfast - 10:30am) Via Napoli (dinner - 5:45pm) (we'll probably skip lunch this day and just have a snack. No need for a CS meal in between)
Saturday 9/29 - Rainforest Cafe (lunch - 1:45pm) (dinner will be at End Zone Food Court before the race!)

So there we go. ADR's are set and is anyone else going to be in the world and be dining the same places and times that we are?! :)

Luggage is out and I'm starting to get my clothes together and ready to pack! 13 more days! EeeeKKK!!! :)

Good to hear you got the chow plan down!
I'm missing you on these ADRs the days were down - good news for you as you won't have to contend with me saying "are you going to finish that" every five seconds...

I don't have any of our QS meals planned. I did that for a couple of years but it never seemed to work out so (other than definitely hitting WPE at DTD at least once for lunch) that was one my planning things that I "let go" of.

16 more days for us...Can't freakin' wait!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I hate you so bad for having Ohana on the 30th, that's the one meal that I wasn't able to book and though I check every day, I doubt that there will suddenly be any openings for a party of 6 :(

Have a safe trip, we arrive on the 30th and are there until the 6th of October

Honestly, keep checking! Because with the whole credit card guarantee, spots will start to open up the week before due to people cancelling to avoid being charged rather than just "no showing" for the places without a CC guarantee! Fingers are crossed you find some 'Ohana!!!

Hannah1284

These look awesome!
We are eating at several of the same places, but I don't see any overlap...
We'll be at Liberty Tree Tavern at 115 on Tues 9/25
Le Cellier we have for 1130a on Wed 9/26
And Sunday 9/30, we'll be at Ohana or Breakfast 935a!

For CS...
We're doing Flame Tree BBQ on Sunday 9/23

looks like we might cross paths on Fri in Epcot? Just not with dining, haha. Although I'm sure it will be packed!!

11 days for us. I'm pulling the suitcases and doing final laundry on Sunday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom