ADR's for September Trip!!

plaz10

Reviews on Garden Grill are so mixed. Seems like it's a hit or miss place most of the time. Hopefully we'll get it on a "good" night!!
!

We have Garden Grill on our ADR list for Sept too! It was my fiance's pick. So if it's bad I can blame him - if it's good then I can say "yes it was my fabulous researching that brought you the menu as an approved choice for your pick of ADRs" :lol:

I tell him every trip - you can pick at least 3 of our dinners....from this pre-approved list I created. :D

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We have Garden Grill on our ADR list for Sept too! It was my fiance's pick. So if it's bad I can blame him - if it's good then I can say "yes it was my fabulous researching that brought you the menu as an approved choice for your pick of ADRs" :lol:

I tell him every trip - you can pick at least 3 of our dinners....from this pre-approved list I created. :D

Hopefully it's good! It's always nice to have someone to blame though if it's not!! I'll blame my sister! :lol:

I love planning our meals!! My mom and sister just go with the flow and if they don't like a place I pick, they say so. But usually they're pretty agreeable!

And can I say I'm super bummed we will just miss you guys! If only I could extend my trip and come a few days early...

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Just made a change and added in Le Cellier for lunch since they finally opened up availability for lunch. This means we have to cut out the Garden Grill. We've also changed the Plaza over to Liberty Tree Tavern because we feel this is a better value for the dining credit. We'd still ideally love Ohana over LTT :rolleyes: Fingers crossed something will open up!

Hannah1284

ADR's booked!

Here's what we have:

9/22 - Tony's Dinner (for the parade)
9/23 - Coral Reef Dinner
9/24 - 50's Prime Time Dinner
9/25 - Rainforest Cafe AK Late Lunch
9/26 - Liberty Tree Late Lunch
9/27 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe Dinner
9/28 - up in the air??
9/29 - CS only -- don't wanna fill up too much before the race!
9/30 - Ohana Breakfast

Any suggestions on 9/28? We'll be in epcot for F&W but don't necessarily need to eat dinner there...

Also - Couldn't decide on a meal for AK on 9/25 so I just decided Rainforest Cafe, but wondering if one of the other two are better? Just two adults going, so the character meal isn't a big draw for us.

And finally, I booked Wolfgang Puck, but may change if there are any better suggestions for DTD?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
ADR's booked!

Here's what we have:

9/22 - Tony's Dinner (for the parade)
9/23 - Coral Reef Dinner
9/24 - 50's Prime Time Dinner
9/25 - Rainforest Cafe AK Late Lunch
9/26 - Liberty Tree Late Lunch
9/27 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe Dinner
9/28 - up in the air??
9/29 - CS only -- don't wanna fill up too much before the race!
9/30 - Ohana Breakfast

Any suggestions on 9/28? We'll be in epcot for F&W but don't necessarily need to eat dinner there...

Also - Couldn't decide on a meal for AK on 9/25 so I just decided Rainforest Cafe, but wondering if one of the other two are better? Just two adults going, so the character meal isn't a big draw for us.

And finally, I booked Wolfgang Puck, but may change if there are any better suggestions for DTD?

We will be having dinner at 50's the same night!! :sohappy:

Are you doing the dining plan?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Yup! Dining plan! Its a good deal! I think 8ish, what time will you be there?

Our dinner is for 4:30pm. It was the only time they had left :(

If you're on the dining plan and have nothing booked for Epcot, you could try Le Cellier for lunch. It's only 1 dining credit and they have really good steaks! Otherwise, Via Napoli is really good too!!

We really like Rainforest Cafe. I usually get the Planet Earth Pasta and it's really yummy. Never been to the one at AK but it seems like it might be less busy than the one at Downtown Disney. That one always seems packed!!

emcclay

We're only doing Narcoossee's because we will have an extra dining credit.

I want to try the Wave but my sister doesn't see anything on the menu she would like. She's the picky eater of the group.

SO JEALOUS about you having 'Ohana TWICE!! Grrrrrr..... :mad:

Don't worry about not making it to The Wave, unless you want a great dessert. Maybe my best friend and I caught them on a bad night. But, dry chicken and plain steak does not make me want to spend my money there again.. :hurl:

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So I just reread my ADR's I posted back in March and I realized so much has changed since then!! We were able to get Ohana and Le Cellier so I'm a happy camper now. The ADR's look like this at this point:

Monday 9/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner) * Changed to Via Napoli (dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - NEW) * Same
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - NEW) *Same
Thursday 9/27 - The Plaza (late lunch- NEW) * Changed to Le Cellier (lunch)
Friday 9 /28 - Garden Grill (dinner - NEW though we did eat breakfast here way back in the day) * Changed to 50's (lunch)
Saturday 9/29 - Via Napoli (lunch) * Changed to Tony's Town Square (lunch)
Sunday 9/30 - Kona Cafe (dinner) * Changed to Ohana (dinner)
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast - NEW) * Same

So we're scrapping Garden Grill and Kona Cafe all together. As much as I like KC, I LOVE 'Ohana. We MIGHT change Narcoossee's to Kona Cafe and then take the other credit we would have used on Narcoossee's to pay for Via Napoli the first night (right now we're paying OOP with TIW card since it's the cheapest meal)

littleroo

I have always loved The Coral Reef but was very disappointed in 2010. I took it off the list this year! Tutto Italia is Awesome!!!

DisneyDebNJ

Looks good. I would definitely change out the Coral Reef. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the food and the wait staff.

Narcossee's was delicious, and the wait staff was excellent, but I don't know if I'd do it again for the price (2 DDP credits).

Love the Garden Grill - I don't know how much of the meal is still made from in house ingredients etc, but it's always a 'fresh' tasting meal and delicious dessert.

We haven't been to Liberty Tree since it changed from a character dinner but we always loved the food so we're going back again.

I don't know anyting about The Plaza or Askerhaus

We'll be down right around the same time...Check out our plan.....Don't be mad about the the two Ohana' times we have....:(. We love it...

9\27 – The Wave
9\28 – Ohana’
9\29 - California Grill
9\30 – Ohana’
10\1 - Liberty Tree
10\2 -Garden Grill
10\3 - 50’s Primetime

Have a great time and Keep trying for Ohana - Something will come up!
Yep 2 times at Ohana here too!!! I have to agree with Shookie, the plans look great but Akersus I have heard mixed feelings about. (Breakfast not so much as dinner). But, like I always say, you never know until you do it atleast once!!! Have a fabulous trip!!

DisneyDebNJ

So I just reread my ADR's I posted back in March and I realized so much has changed since then!! We were able to get Ohana and Le Cellier so I'm a happy camper now. The ADR's look like this at this point:

Monday 9/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner) * Changed to Via Napoli (dinner)
Tuesday 9 /25 - Coral Reef (dinner - NEW) * Same
Wednesday 9 /26 - Narcoossee's (dinner - NEW) *Same
Thursday 9/27 - The Plaza (late lunch- NEW) * Changed to Le Cellier (lunch)
Friday 9 /28 - Garden Grill (dinner - NEW though we did eat breakfast here way back in the day) * Changed to 50's (lunch)
Saturday 9/29 - Via Napoli (lunch) * Changed to Tony's Town Square (lunch)
Sunday 9/30 - Kona Cafe (dinner) * Changed to Ohana (dinner)
Monday 10/1 - Akershus (breakfast - NEW) * Same

So we're scrapping Garden Grill and Kona Cafe all together. As much as I like KC, I LOVE 'Ohana. We MIGHT change Narcoossee's to Kona Cafe and then take the other credit we would have used on Narcoossee's to pay for Via Napoli the first night (right now we're paying OOP with TIW card since it's the cheapest meal)
Sounds awesome!!!!!!!! Take pics! ;)

sgtmgd

Keep the Yachtsman an option for future visits if you like steak....its fantstic...signature dining so 2 credits if on the DDP

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I have always loved The Coral Reef but was very disappointed in 2010. I took it off the list this year! Tutto Italia is Awesome!!!

Without the free dining plan I don't think we would eat here. I've heard mixed reviews but we really just wanna try it for the ambiance.

Yep 2 times at Ohana here too!!! I have to agree with Shookie, the plans look great but Akersus I have heard mixed feelings about. (Breakfast not so much as dinner). But, like I always say, you never know until you do it atleast once!!! Have a fabulous trip!!

I have heard mixed reviews about Akershus dinner but I think breakfast is pretty standard. Like the above comment I made about Coral Reef, if we didn't have free dining, I don't think we would bother with Akershus.

Keep the Yachtsman an option for future visits if you like steak....its fantstic...signature dining so 2 credits if on the DDP

LOVE steak!! Le Cellier filet is my most favorite meal ever!! I think we may try it out in May with our TIW card for a discount.

Tinkerbella16

Hey! Your ADR's still look great! I can't believe how much they have changed since you first booked back in April! Can't believe how fast September is approaching already! 92 days to go, but it feels like yesterday I was at the 180 day mark making my ADR's!! :D

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Hey! Your ADR's still look great! I can't believe how much they have changed since you first booked back in April! Can't believe how fast September is approaching already! 92 days to go, but it feels like yesterday I was at the 180 day mark making my ADR's!! :D

I know right?! We both pretty much have the same countdown almost!! Is it Sept 23rd yet?!? lol

bethymouse

I will be there 9/23-9/29 and I snagged the ones I wanted -thank goodness.:) I was disappointed in Coral Reef back in 2007, haven't been since.:( But, I feel that most restaurants in Disney have been wonderful! My husband and Mom&Dad are pickier than I am !;)

PartOfYourWorld

I didn't even see you posted this here!!! The only place that I've tried that is new on your list is Akershus for breakfast. I liked it there. I mean it's a pretty standard breakfast. I did love that they had a muffin, bagel, yogurt, etc buffet you could get in addition to the hot food they bring to your table like at Ohana for breakfast. I have been to The Plaza which you had on your list previous before you changed it...it is okay..its not high on my list. It's good but just does nothing for me.

The only ADR we have for Sept is Boma on Wednesday (9/26) night with Shelley and Jason. We had LeCellier boooked, but we just realized there is just so little time and so much to do (since we're only there for 4 days!) and don't want to waste time sitting at a table service when we'll be back in November. Plus theres a few quick service places I want to go to that we haven't had the time to such as those new waffle sandwiches!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom