Additional Info on "The Laugh Floor" storyline

Connor002

JRawkSteady said:
Actually, Eisner ousted "our guys at Pixar." They wanted nothing to do with him and the feeling was mutual. They may have been ideas, but they never would never have been approved.
Technically, PIXAR attractions could still have been put through the works and approved...
JRawkSteady said:
Based on the amount of people that request a Nightmare ride with nothing but profit...
Personally, I would not want a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction, and on a side note, apparently Tim Burton is a bit tough with how his characters are used...
JRawkSteady said:
once they get rid of the "waste-of-space" playgrounds in Fantasyland, they will have more room.
Although you may not enjoy it, I could scrounge up a large group of children that would debate that statement for me.

wannab@dis

Connor002 said:
Although you may not enjoy it, I could scrounge up a large group of children that would debate that statement for me.

And their parents who enjoy the break while the kids run off some energy! :lol:

PurpleDragon

JRawkSteady said:
once they get rid of the "waste-of-space" playgrounds in Fantasyland, they will have more room.

Another statement that reminds me of the various rather pointless complaints and arguements to come off this board. People saying things like

"I hate that stupid playground, its such a waste of space, I would much rather see the 2K lagoon back than that"

WHAT!?!?:confused:

There is absolutely no logic in a statements such as that. The ride had been closed for many many years, the area was a bottle neck for traffic running between fantasyland and tomorrowland. So they filled in the lagoon, added a small play area, and widened the path infront of Pooh, it serves a purpose. It opens up the pathway and gives kids a place to play, while the parents take a much needed breather. Why people consider a space used for anything other than an attraction a "waste" is beyond me.

What you fail to realize is there is a huge amount of space behind the playground area, so when/if they feel the need to build a new attraction, they will not need to remove the playground.

JRawkSteady

PurpleDragon said:
Another statement that reminds me of the various rather pointless complaints and arguements to come off this board. People saying things like

"I hate that stupid playground, its such a waste of space, I would much rather see the 2K lagoon back than that"

WHAT!?!?:confused:

There is absolutely no logic in a statements such as that. The ride had been closed for many many years, the area was a bottle neck for traffic running between fantasyland and tomorrowland. So they filled in the lagoon, added a small play area, and widened the path infront of Pooh, it serves a purpose. It opens up the pathway and gives kids a place to play, while the parents take a much needed breather. Why people consider a space used for anything other than an attraction a "waste" is beyond me.

What you fail to realize is there is a huge amount of space behind the playground area, so when/if they feel the need to build a new attraction, they will not need to remove the playground.

I actually wasn't a huge fan of 2K Leagues. I just think that instead of two playgrounds (one which also consists of a meet & greet), they could build another attraction with all that space. Why do we need more than 3 playgrounds in The Magic Kingdom? There's already one in Mickey's Toontown Fair. I

wannab@dis

JRawkSteady said:
I actually wasn't a huge fan of 2K Leagues. I just think that instead of two playgrounds (one which also consists of a meet & greet), they could build another attraction with all that space. Why do we need more than 3 playgrounds in The Magic Kingdom? There's already one in Mickey's Toontown Fair. I
Why do we need another attraction? There's already a couple of dozen and one being built.

Besides that obvious answer, MK is the number one park in the world. The visitor numbers are growing and they do not need further enticements at this time. Hold that prime space for future development when the park really needs it.

I think some people take what people say a little to seriously. For instance when JRawkSteady quoted that the playground was a 'waste of space', the intended point of view was that the area could of been used better rather then its completely pointless, which is the way some people are interpreting it. This space could indeed of been used for a better attraction and probably will be in the future but for the time being it will do to fill a gap.
As for the laugh floor comedy club plans, it dosn't sound the greatest and I doubt it will be better then The Timekeeper (which was a quality tomorrowland attraction, most tour books will back me up on that) but I'm willing to give it a try and hope it will be a fine addition. But I wish it was seperated from Monsters Inc, and any disney or Pixar movie for that matter, attractions are much better when they've got very little or nothing to do with well known movies/ movie characters. The main exception is Splash Mountain at least this fits in the theme of the land. Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, The original POTC, the original haunted mansion, Jungle Cruise, Its a small world (not a personal fav but it is some peoples taste), spaceship earth, test track, mission space etc... the list goes on. Buzz lightyear however is the only movie based addition I've actually enjoyed and is acceptable because Tomorrowland needed an attraction for the younger guest.

I know my points are rough but I hope you get what I'm at least trying to say.

Cheers

Stockers

PurpleDragon

Goofybynature said:
I think some people take what people say a little to seriously. For instance when JRawkSteady quoted that the playground was a 'waste of space', the intended point of view was that the area could of been used better rather then its completely pointless, which is the way some people are interpreting it. This space could indeed of been used for a better attraction and probably will be in the future but for the time being it will do to fill a gap.
As for the laugh floor comedy club plans, it dosn't sound the greatest and I doubt it will be better then The Timekeeper (which was a quality tomorrowland attraction, most tour books will back me up on that) but I'm willing to give it a try and hope it will be a fine addition. But I wish it was seperated from Monsters Inc, and any disney or Pixar movie for that matter, attractions are much better when they've got very little or nothing to do with well known movies/ movie characters. The main exception is Splash Mountain at least this fits in the theme of the land. Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, The original POTC, the original haunted mansion, Jungle Cruise, Its a small world (not a personal fav but it is some peoples taste), spaceship earth, test track, mission space etc... the list goes on. Buzz lightyear however is the only movie based addition I've actually enjoyed and is acceptable because Tomorrowland needed an attraction for the younger guest.

I know my points are rough but I hope you get what I'm at least trying to say.

Cheers

Stockers

You apparently haven't read half of whats been said in this thread. :rolleyes:

Oh and welcome to the site.:wave:

JRawkSteady

K, I'm done with this thread. You guys are right...We do need 3 playgrounds directly next to each other. We do need every new attraction to be based on a PIXAR character/movie. We don't need any new attractions even though it's a thriving theme park always looking to add and update... I'm sorry I had an opinion. From now on I just won't voice it.

Thanks.

Connor002

JRawkSteady said:
Unless I'm mistaken... Ariel's Grotto was built more on the side of the 20k plot... but perhaps I'm getting technical. :lookaroun

imagineer boy

JRawkSteady said:
K, I'm done with this thread. You guys are right...We do need 3 playgrounds directly next to each other. We do need every new attraction to be based on a PIXAR character/movie. We don't need any new attractions even though it's a thriving theme park always looking to add and update... I'm sorry I had an opinion. From now on I just won't voice it.

Thanks.

There are some people on these forums that constantly redicule other people's opinions on matters like this, and try to shove their opinions down other people's throats to prove that they're right. Just try to ignore them, and don't let them stop you from posting here.:wave:

dxwwf3

Goofybynature said:

I can agree with that. The Pooh Playground is small enough to where it could be placed in another area of the park and that valuable piece of land could be used for something more substantial. And hopefully that will happen in the future.

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
I can agree with that. The Pooh Playground is small enough to where it could be placed in another area of the park and that valuable piece of land could be used for something more substantial. And hopefully that will happen in the future.
The playground took up a VERY small part of that "valuable" piece of land. There would be no need to move it and there's no need to complain about it.

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
There are some people on these forums that constantly complain about matters like this, and try to shove their complaints down other people's throats to prove that they're right. Just try to ignore them, and don't let them stop you from posting here.:wave:

Fixed :wave:

:p

CaptainMichael

Goofybynature said:
But I wish it was seperated from Monsters Inc, and any disney or Pixar movie for that matter, attractions are much better when they've got very little or nothing to do with well known movies/ movie characters. The main exception is Splash Mountain at least this fits in the theme of the land.
How does a southern themed ride fit in Froniterland? Just curious. TLF fits in Tomorrowland as much as Splash fits in Frontierland and the Speedway fits in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom