Actor John Ritter Dead

netenyahoo

My heart and prayers go out to his family. It is so sad especially because it was so sudden.

I wonder if they'll have to cancel the show or try to recast the part. I love Threes Company and 8 Simple Rules. Such a sad loss... :( :cry:

Invero

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
This is a sad day. When I saw it on the news this morning, I couldn't believe it. I grew up with Three's Company and 8 Simple Rules was my daughters favorite show. I love the episode when they parodied Three's Company.

That episode was GREAT!!! I was laughing my butt off... It's a shame what happened, definetly a loss for the Entertainment industry. I wonder what will happen with 8 Simple Rules? I really liked that show. Will it go on without him, or will they replace him Bewitched style? Not sure I like either option, but I did really enjoy the show...

Tarzan266

I am so depressed. I idolized John Ritter and his comic timing . . . he was truly a genius when it came to comedy. Three's Company is my favorite show and I will miss him very much. I have never been so affected by a celebrity death. My heart goes out to his wife and four children. Good-bye Mr. Ritter and thank you.

aim

:cry: Oh how sad! I heard about Johnny Cash. But found this out from this thread. John Ritter was a funny man. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by netenyahoo

I wonder if they'll have to cancel the show or try to recast the part. I love Threes Company and 8 Simple Rules. Such a sad loss... :( :cry:

I love that show! Its the only one my entire family can watch together (as a family) My sister calls it the Rory show because she thinks he's hot:lol:. We were all looking foward to the upcoming season premier. I wonder if they will still show what they have recorded, or just end the season now. If anyone has any news, let us know!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Invero
I wonder what will happen with 8 Simple Rules? I really liked that show. Will it go on without him, or will they replace him Bewitched style?

They will either do that... and try to replace him... & keep the show alive..

or

It will just get shelved.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by DMC-12
They will either do that... and try to replace him... & keep the show alive..

or

It will just get shelved.

How would they do that hey was like the heart of the show.

that's so sad i saw it on the news this morning before i left for school.

There gose a good show:cry:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Dr Albert Falls
Does anyone remember Epcot's "The Living Seas" grand opening TV show hosted by John Ritter?

That show not only got me excited to visit the attraction, but seeing how cool John Ritter looked scuba diving through the tank inspired me to become a certified diver.
I don't remember that one, but I have a 1 1/2 hour special on the opening of MGM Studios that was hosted by John Ritter.

I only heard about this a couple of hours ago and was very upset. He was only what? 54?

mickey04

I must say, I was absolutely shocked when I heard this. It's so sad- he was so young, and his career was really starting to take off again. He will most certainly be missed and fondly remembered.

I must admit that, as sad as this is, my mind can't help but wander to the thought of just how devastating this tragedy is going to be for ABC and the upcoming season. This show was their major focus point for the season. They most certainly can't continue the series and replace him- a sort of Bewitched Darren thing, like someone suggested- because he was the heart and soul of the show. They really have no choice but to cancel it, and I really think its going to devistate ABC, and enevitably, the Walt Disney Co.

Don't misunderstand, I don't mean to reduce the man's life and work to a business dilemma. But I can't help but worry what's going to happen to ABC...

RogueHabit

Originally posted by mickey04
I must say, I was absolutely shocked when I heard this. It's so sad- he was so young, and his career was really starting to take off again. He will most certainly be missed and fondly remembered.
Yes, I agree, he was young. It sacres me to think that when I reach the age he was my youngest will barely have finished college.

It's terrible when someone dies that way, totally unexpected, torn down by a relatively minor heart defect that could possibly have been fixed if it had been found.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
john ritter

Yes, a very sad day indeed. I did not realize that his father was Tex Ritter, and that he was involved with Country Bear Jam.

Three's Company was a great show.

mickeysaver

I cried this morning when I heard the news about John Ritter. I always thought he was such a talented and gifted actor. I remember Lucille Ball seemed to think a lot of him too when she did a Three's Company special. That says volumes about his talent too.

I think part of my sadness in this is also for ABC. I can't imagine what they are going to do about the show. I hope that they just shelve it.....maybe aire the existing season's episodes and then do a tribute show to him. I just would hate to see this turned into a Bewitched switcharoo. I would refuse to watch!

Mickey

Erika

I hope they don't pull a Darren. The only thing I could see them doing, if they were to continue the show, would be to have the character die and from that point on there would always be the undercurrent of the family dealing with the loss of their father/husband. I could see them bringing on a male relative character to help out, becoming the father figure for the show. Other than that, I don't see a way for them to continue.

I'm still in disbelief. Obviously I didn't know him personally, but he was one of very few celebrities I would have thought worth getting to know.

Mission: SPACE

I was truly devistated as the rest of you when I first saw this on my way out the door for school... I was shocked to find out how he died (some report his death was due to a tear in the aorta)... he always appeared so young and vibrant. I could have never prepared myself for this.

I admit, being 17, I don't remember Three's Company. However, July 26 last year I happened to be walking past the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM and noticed a crowd... Being me I walked over to see what was going on. To my surprise, I saw Drew Carrey and a couple of celebrities under one tent, and I looked over to the right and saw Katey Segal, and John. I have to admit that I had little past knowledge of his career, but I did understand that he was 'the guy in Three's Company'. Because of seeing John there, I watched 8 Simple Rules and fell in love with the show. It's now become my favorite, and the only one that I HAVE towatch every week, but now I wonder what its demise is:( . After seeing him live and in person and getting an idea of what he was like in 'real life' from this, his death affects me even more than what it would if I only knew him from TV.

**For my pictures of John at MGM, check out my Photo Album.**

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom