Acronyms

Javier Boughton

Original Poster
is it me, or i just cant keep up with new acronyms..

people..you'll invest 5 seconds more per post and it would make life easier for everyone if we put the complete name

just a thought

rgds!!!

wolf359

My biggest issue with the over abundant use of acronyms and abbreviations is that the scant few seconds saved by the writer either leaves the reader scratching their head wondering what the writer meant or they simply ignore the post entirely.

If it isn't important enough to the writer to spell properly or write out in full what they are talking about why should the reader take any of it seriously?

hrcollectibles

My biggest issue with the over abundant use of acronyms and abbreviations is that the scant few seconds saved by the writer either leaves the reader scratching their head wondering what the writer meant or they simply ignore the post entirely.

If it isn't important enough to the writer to spell properly or write out in full what they are talking about why should the reader take any of it seriously?

is it me, or i just cant keep up with new acronyms..

people..you'll invest 5 seconds more per post and it would make life easier for everyone if we put the complete name

just a thought

rgds!!!

I feel the same way.. I just do not understand why someone would take the time to write their ideas down but shorten names by a letter or two or use an acronym...

Mammymouse

My feelings exactly. Boy I thought I was the only one who didn't know the abbreviations and acronyms!! Thanks for commenting on it. It is very annoying not to know what people are talking about. I've been a huge fan since Disneyworld openned and have been there at least 50 times, but have to guess most of the time when reading these posts.

Harry456

i totally agree with this! i HATE it when i am reading a thread about Space Mountain and then i see BLSRS. it is like what the heck is that? five minutes later i figure it out is was Buzz light year Space Ranger Spin. In the process i wasted five minutes.

lesson: please take the five second to write out the name. I understand if you shorten the name of ride or show we are talking about but reference other than please don't shorten it.

wolf359

My favorite is MILF. :p

Sure, I think it's funny too, and you can't help but get an extra laugh out of the fact that someone on the Imagineering staff must have mentioned it in a meeting but they went ahead with calling it Monsters Inc Laugh Floor anyway... They probably even chastised the poor guy for being the "only one" with a dirty mind too.

But when used out of context or en mass it often becomes a real mess to mentally sort out when reading posts filled with abbreviations. Add in careless spelling and an inability to use punctuation and my mind just shuts down.

I honestly am interested in reading people's thoughts, ideas, and insights on Walt Disney World, but after seeing too many trip reports like this...

we hoped on teh mono to MK so we could get FP for SM before runing thru FL to get a ride on BTM and SM it was a waste of time to go to TSL b/c its boring but DD and DM really wanted to go and they wouldnt let me go to HM alone then we eat at CRSC even though i wanted pecos b/c its way beter new nugets are EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!TTA sure is dumb now but had to ride it 5 times MILF sux lol! UOE sure is boring too hate ellen why dont WOL open anymore even though all of it sux except BW cause its harder of ST which reminds me when do that suppose to reopen i heard it would be 3d now then we rode PPF, SW and SWSA b4 coming back for MPHM and then standing around waiting for MSEP and SNFS before more standing even more waiting to get back to SSR

...it gets harder and harder to tell what some people's actual thoughts and ideas are.

An extreme example, I'll admit, but it does show how ignoring grammar, punctuation, and writing out whole words can add up to something less exciting or informative than what the writer probably intended.

wolf359

i totally agree with this! i HATE it when i am reading a thread about Space Mountain and then i see BLSRS. it is like what the heck is that? five minutes later i figure it out is was Buzz light year Space Ranger Spin. In the process i wasted five minutes.

Oh, I forgot about BLSRS! That's one that always stumps me too. I wish I would have used that one somewhere in my trip report...

lazyboy97o

TDO = The Disney Organization

WDI = Walt Disney Imagineers :wave:

I thought it stood for Team Disney Orlando, since TDA is Team Disney Anaheim.
You are correct, TDO is Team Disney Orlando. Team Disney Orlando, Team Disney Anaheim and Team Disney Burbank are commonly used to reference a management organization (Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and The Walt Disney Company respectively) but the names are derived from buildings, with the Team Disney Burbank building now named Team Disney - The Michael D. Eisner Building.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Welcome to the internet... Acronyms and abbreviations abound [as apparently does alliteration :lookaroun].

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom