Accident at WDW kills CM

Maria

Originally posted by Figment1986
I am deeply sorry for the way i was acting yesterday, I had priorities wrong, I am deaply saddened by the news and lit a candle for a few hours in my room before i went to sleep for him.

I hope this will never happen again at WDW, or myself.

(I was under some stress at the time)

It´s ok hon, the show must go on. :animwink:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Figment1986
I am deeply sorry for the way i was acting yesterday, I had priorities wrong, I am deaply saddened by the news and lit a candle for a few hours in my room before i went to sleep for him.

I hope this will never happen again at WDW, or myself.

(I was under some stress at the time)
From my end, apology accepted.....live and learn. You've done the right thing. :wave:

Sir Hiss527

Kind of ironic, how I posted a thread in Chit Chat called "Do you realize"? And I said that there was 194 guests online, and nothing was going on, "It was slow" now we heard that this happend...Kind of ironic to me

RPMdfw

Originally posted by The Mom
" No man is an island;....any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind;...." John Donne

Any life cut short is sad; that this was someone who spent part of his life creating magic for others makes it sadder still. My heartfelt condolences go out to all who knew him, even if only for one magical moment, but especially to those who loved him. To be sorely missed after your death is a testament to a life well lived.

That was beautifully put. This thread had me all choked up, but this is the post that put it over the edge, and made my eyes leak.

I'm just hearing this sad news, my best wishes go with Javier and out to all who directly affected.

Peace, Love, and Mickey!

Glasgow

My condolences to the family of this unfortunate CM. This is almost exactly how I felt when the shuttle disaster happened - although I did not know those people, it saddened me to know that they died trying to help society, and the world in general.
I hope his family can take solace in the fact that he is in a better place now.

andre85

Originally posted by Glasgow
My condolences to the family of this unfortunate CM. This is almost exactly how I felt when the shuttle disaster happened - although I did not know those people, it saddened me to know that they died trying to help society, and the world in general.

I'd argue that the astronauts on Columbia were not helping society any more than a programmer at Microsoft (in fact, I could argue that they were performing the opposite), and to think the same of a cast member at Disney World is to be an elitist. I don't understand why this death should receive any more attention than anyone else who dies while performing a duty in analogous with their occupation of choice. Hundreds of truckers, loggers, etc die every year, yet do we hear anything about them? Nope, because as far as the media is concerned, they're not important enough to warrant 10 seconds of their valuable advertising time to.

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by andre85
I'd argue that the astronauts on Columbia were not helping society any more than a programmer at Microsoft (in fact, I could argue that they were performing the opposite), and to think the same of a cast member at Disney World is to be an elitist. I don't understand why this death should receive any more attention than anyone else who dies while performing a duty in analogous with their occupation of choice. Hundreds of truckers, loggers, etc die every year, yet do we hear anything about them? Nope, because as far as the media is concerned, they're not important enough to warrant 10 seconds of their valuable advertising time to.

I think I know where your going with this, but i'm not sure. Well since this is a Disney website, your going to get a lot of goo roo feedback, and since's it about a CM, it's kind of serious to Disney fans. But I don't agree with you about what you said about the Columbia.

SpongeScott

OUCH....

That was kinda cold-hearted, huh? It's meriting this kind of attention because it was a death at WDW and this is a WDW board and many people on here are affected, directly or indirectly. Your comments are very insensitive right now.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

I just lost someone I knew, someone that several board members knew and were friends with, and you're telling me they're "not important enough?!?!?!?!?!"

I am disgusted, shocked, apalled... no word is strong enough to represent my disdain for you at this moment.

You are the lowest form of life on earth.

andre85

Originally posted by SpongeScott
OUCH....

That was kinda cold-hearted, huh? It's meriting this kind of attention because it was a death at WDW and this is a WDW board and many people on here are affected, directly or indirectly. Your comments are very insensitive right now.

Insensitive? I’m paying respect to the thousands of individuals who pass away while on the clock who don’t receive the same recognition as others. Firefighters, whom I’d deem far more vital to the betterment of society than most anyone else, frequently die resulting from a freak accident. These are people who will potentially save your life some day, yet their deaths receive nowhere near the coverage of other people who’s jobs are insignificant by comparison.

I'm not trying to take away from the tragic death of a castmember, but it frankly disgusts me that its receiving far more attention than people who put their on the line every time they leave for work. Those are the true heroes.

Sir Hiss527

I'm glad others agree with me on this. "Ouch, baby, very Ouch". That's very cold about what you said about the CM, and also very Ouch about the Columbia.

andre85

Originally posted by mkt
I just lost someone I knew, someone that several board members knew and were friends with, and you're telling me they're "not important enough?!?!?!?!?!"

I am disgusted, shocked, apalled... no word is strong enough to represent my disdain for you at this moment.

You are the lowest form of life on earth.

You clearly misunderstood what I stated.

Mitzer

I am stunned to hear this news. I had not heard this before now. This is a terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with Javier, his family and those here who knew him.

*Edited for spelling

Langdonj

I think I have posted before my appreciation or CMs, how they are always a big part of the Magic of Disney for me. I am very sorry for this loss and the strife it causes. My condolences to Javier's family and friends, and to the extended Disney Family.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Insensitive? I’m paying respect to the thousands of individuals who pass away while on the clock who don’t receive the same recognition as others. Firefighters, whom I’d deem far more vital to the betterment of society than most anyone else, frequently die resulting from a freak accident. These are people who will potentially save your life some day, yet their deaths receive nowhere near the coverage of other people who’s jobs are insignificant by comparison.

I'm not trying to take away from the tragic death of a castmember, but it frankly disgusts me that its receiving far more attention than people who put their on the line every time they leave for work. Those are the true heroes.

My condolences go out to Javier's family and to those present and former CM's on here that knew him. This upsets me greatly that this happened. Especially since there are so many CM's on these forums and we are like one big family.
Here's a BIG hug (*****) for all my CM friends who are hurting right now.

And as for you Andre85, how DARE you post this rubbish on here! In case you haven't caught the clue yet, this is a DISNEY based website/forums. So of course we are going to be upset, especially when there are literally dozens of CM's on here that post. How can you be so callous as to post this.

Everyone on here knows that the media's attention on Disney right now is because of the proposed buy out/merger from Comcast. So yes, they are going to pick up a story like this.

And another thing...do not get me started on how people should greive the death of a Firefighter over the death of anyone because they are more VITAL!!??? PLEASE! Everyone on here grieved through 9/11 together, and we all grieved when the Columbia crashed. Just like any National tragedy in America, we will all grieve. Walt Disney World is an American Icon..... why wouldn't the news put something about a death on it????

You really need to get off your high horse and get over yourself and your self rightous BS! How dare you offend my friends. And yes, your posts have offended MANY of us!!

Oh and by the way...watch your language.

Steve?

Mitzer

Thanks Pam for your support to those who are hurting. I also think it is unbelievably rude to make inappropriate comments when ANYONE dies, especially in such a tragic way...and it affects those here who we all consider "family".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom