AAA Vacation Deals - Fact or Fiction???

goofykt

Ok folks...I did a search before I started this thread, so please don't chew my face off if there's been a similar thread before in the entire history of the WDWMAGIC universe!!! If so...I claim ignorance b/c I'm new here...please be gentle and provide said link! :D

I've heard by word-of-mouth that you can get really awesome Disney Vacation Packages through AAA.

1) Is this true (or an urban myth...grrr)
2) Please give me a guesstimate of how much you've saved through AAA...no need to whip out the checkbook register or old DVP confirmations. (i.e. "Well Bob, I saved $600 on my vacation by using AAA!")

I just want to make sure the deals are as earth-shattering as I've been told before I fork over $50 in dues. Can you get awesome vacation packages exclusively through AAA, or are they the same deals everyone else offers?

Thanks in advance! :animwink:

DisneyJoe

You can book a room only discount directly with Disney using your AAA membership or any travel agent can on your behalf.

If you want a package, you need to call AAA travel.

See http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#AAA for discounts.

Disney will NOT let you combine discounts - if the Buy 4 Get 3 Free is the current deal, you cannot get that discount and the AAA discount too - its one or the other.

If no discounts are currently offered to the public, AAA is your best bet.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I inqured about a AAA package - it did not save a lot of money. The room only deals from AAA is good but hard to come by. I have not used AAA yet - but, I am planning on using them for my Disneyland Vacation in 2010.

Upvote 0

partyoffour

For WDW I would go thru disney or the travel agency on here. AAA just does not have that much knowledge when it comes to WDW and packages. I used them 2 times and shame on me for trying a second time. They messed up everything and had no idea about free dining one time so we lost out on a huge deal. I will never use them for anything but towing a car :)

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

For WDW I would go thru disney or the travel agency on here. AAA just does not have that much knowledge when it comes to WDW and packages. I used them 2 times and shame on me for trying a second time. They messed up everything and had no idea about free dining one time so we lost out on a huge deal. I will never use them for anything but towing a car :)

I can attest - if for nothing more than the roadside assistance - HAVE AAA. LOL. And a lot of hotels in the county use AAA as a discount, usually upwards $50 depending on hotel savings.

AAA boasts themselves as the Disney travel leader. When I inquired about discounts a year ago - the agent did not know anything. She kept putting me on hold - it even sounded like she called the main disney number.

But I will use them for my ticket discounts for Disneyland.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

It's true that if Disney is running a promotion like free dining, you'll get the same price going through AAA as going through Disney - or Kingdom Konsultants.

If Disney is not running a promotion, you can use your member number to get a discounted room. Disney or another travel agent can book it for you. You may find that handy if you find that your AAA agent is not well versed in Disney or doesn't do some things you would like i.e. make dining reservations for you.

Upvote 0

countrygrl4

AAA worked for me! Our original total with dining would be 952 and now everyone in my party is paying $843. My agent knew of all the packages and special stuff too. So I would use them again and would reccommend them to people.

Upvote 0

MacRtst

I have used AAA 3 times, including my upcoming trip. I didn't really save any money this time BUT I have in the past. (avg $100 a trip)

Disney is having some big promotions this year, to get people in the parks.
Like many posters stated before me, when there aren't any deals AAA can help.

When using them keep this in mind...you can't call disney and change anything on your reservation. It is difficult to even confirm your reservation. So If you are one who likes to do things like that (have complete control) AAA may not be a good thing.

As for the knowledge of the agent...well the one here in central PA is very well versed. I have no complaints with her what so ever.
Another poster mentioned they felt like their aaa agent was calling disney to ask question, that may be the case. AAA (and travel agents) have their own dedicated Disney people that they work with.

I have also found that AAA doesn't really have good airfare. I am almost always able to get cheaper flights hunting them down online.

hope that helps.

Upvote 0

DisneyBoyWV

Having worked for 4 years as a cast member at the Walt Disney Travel company and 1 year at AAA when I moved back toWV I can tell you everyone if giving good information. The only reason AAA Travel is the preferred travel agent for Disney is the volume of business they give Disney.
I unfortunately was not a travel agent when I worked at AAA, but the agent that was in my office was clueless about Disney. I was always having to stop what I was doing to give her the most basic information.
AAA receives 10-15% discounts on regular price packages depending on season. Most AAA agents will price out a vacation for you with the discount if applicable and without so you can see the difference if any.
I would recommend research all the different Disney information websites out there and booking the trip on your own. Once one promotion ends Disney usually has a different one right around the corner.
Oh and as far as the towing goes, I used to work there and I won't waste my money on a membership for event that.

Upvote 0

PrincessMagic

The last vacation we had quoted by AAA was a savings of about $300.00. I think as far as service it does vary. Our travel agent we used was very knowledgeable about Disney and was very helpful. However, she has retired and I have found at times I know more than the other travel agents do. I think it's worth comparing...I always do.

Upvote 0

wolf359

The AAA discount can be nice but I'd recommend talking to both the AAA agent AND calling Disney directly and asking for the AAA rates. The last two trips I've taken I received a better rate from Disney applying the discount themselves than from talking to the AAA agent.

Upvote 0

disneyny

The price we got from Disney and AAA was the same since we are using the buy 4 get 3 free deal this summer. So I don't think they usually can get you earth shattering deals. However, they do offer you some AAA only perks like a special story timje with a character that you need a voucher for. They also give you vouchers for other things but Disney may do that too? Things like a water racer rental etc. However, I found that having someone else handle all the details etc. is nice- I just did my own didning reservations but she would have done that too. I do use the AAA for lots of other hotel discounts through the year too. I would not purchase it only if you plan to use it for Disney but if you travel at all anywhere else get it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, To comment on the AAA discounts, they are good only and if only no other discounts are being offered by Disney themselves at that time of the year. Disney's discounts are far better in terms of savings than the AAA rates and as previously mentioned, the discounts cannot be combined. As anyone, yourself or any travel agent, can book Disney released discounts, you have to know how much your particular AAA agent knows about Disney. I have heard both good and bad and it is totally dependent on the agent themselves. Kingdom Konsultant's agents are hand picked by the owner of the agency, based on their knowledge of all things Disney. I know of at least a few other agencies that have similar criteria. Definitely "interview" your agent and make sure you are comfortable dealing with them. Best of luck!!! Belle

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Hi there, To comment on the AAA discounts, they are good only and if only no other discounts are being offered by Disney themselves at that time of the year. Disney's discounts are far better in terms of savings than the AAA rates and as previously mentioned, the discounts cannot be combined. As anyone, yourself or any travel agent, can book Disney released discounts, you have to know how much your particular AAA agent knows about Disney. I have heard both good and bad and it is totally dependent on the agent themselves. Kingdom Konsultant's agents are hand picked by the owner of the agency, based on their knowledge of all things Disney. I know of at least a few other agencies that have similar criteria. Definitely "interview" your agent and make sure you are comfortable dealing with them. Best of luck!!! Belle

Do you guys only do WDW - or do you do Disneyland as well? I am planning a post cruise trip to Disneyland in May 2010 and have no knowledge of that resort what so ever.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, We definitely do all things Disney including Disneyland, the Disney cruises and Adventures by Disney. You will find Disneyland interesting in that it is similar to World but yet different, almost a very strong case of deja vu. It was very cool for me although several of the attractions I wanted to see were closed at the time I went. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom