A Whole New World of Huggles

Safari Giraffe

robynchic said:
Update on Kerry and me:

WE'RE OFFICIALLY BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND! :sohappy:

I'm so happy! His two best friends have spoken to me, and whole-heartedly approve. He gave me his second key, because he doesn't know anyone in his building (and he wants me to be able to go in and cook for him once in a while). His roommate from college (with whom he's still good friends) just got engaged last night, so we just started talking about the concept of proposals and engagements. He and I are going to a wedding in March, and I joked "what if I caught the bouquet?" He said it might be too soon for March, and I said "Fine. I'll catch it at Lush's wedding" (name pronounced Loosh), and he replied "But what if you already have the ring?"

...oh lord...I'm 21, just started dating this (wonderfully fantastic) guy, and already we're discussing getting engaged...:lookaroun

I'm so happy right now, I can't help but say HUGGLES!!! to everyone!

First of all *Congratulatory HUGGLES*

You can tell how wonderfully excited you are!

Don't rush too quickly into being engaged or marriage. Take the time needed to "really" get to know each other before you make that "serious commitment". He sounds like a wonderful guy and he knows what he wants out of life.

Best wishes for a continued wonderful relationship and more..............:)

:sohappy:

jesserin

robynchic said:
Update on Kerry and me:

WE'RE OFFICIALLY BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND! :sohappy:

I'm so happy! His two best friends have spoken to me, and whole-heartedly approve. He gave me his second key, because he doesn't know anyone in his building (and he wants me to be able to go in and cook for him once in a while). His roommate from college (with whom he's still good friends) just got engaged last night, so we just started talking about the concept of proposals and engagements. He and I are going to a wedding in March, and I joked "what if I caught the bouquet?" He said it might be too soon for March, and I said "Fine. I'll catch it at Lush's wedding" (name pronounced Loosh), and he replied "But what if you already have the ring?"

...oh lord...I'm 21, just started dating this (wonderfully fantastic) guy, and already we're discussing getting engaged...:lookaroun

I'm so happy right now, I can't help but say HUGGLES!!! to everyone!

Congrats! :) Just remember, take it slow - it's so easy to get caught up in the moment... if he's right for you and y'all are truely headed down that path - there's no reason to rush into marriage... it'll be there - for the rest of your lives... It's wonderful - but can be costly and painful to go back on - so no matter what - be happy together, discover each other to the fullest and then make your decision! Good Luck and Congratulations again!

robynchic

jesserin said:
Congrats! :) Just remember, take it slow - it's so easy to get caught up in the moment... if he's right for you and y'all are truely headed down that path - there's no reason to rush into marriage... it'll be there - for the rest of your lives... It's wonderful - but can be costly and painful to go back on - so no matter what - be happy together, discover each other to the fullest and then make your decision! Good Luck and Congratulations again!

We don't plan on rushing things. Unless things go amazingly, phenomenally well, he wouldn't even have the ring made (he's using his grandmother's diamonds) until the end of this year, at the earliest. He's the type of romantic that would wait for a really sentimental moment to propose (we've also joked about proposing on the school's stage, since our first real date was going to dinner and seeing a play; or at the coffeehouse that we met).
I honestly think that the time frame he'd propose would be in the summer of 2007- and that's a ways away. So we have plenty of time to get to know each other better. Besides, the only thing we've seriously discussed is what type of metal the ring would be (white gold or platinum), and how it would be designed.

**Edit**
The only other thing we've discussed is that the earliest we'd get married is right after I graduate. But now that I think, watching my RA plan a wedding in her last semester...I might say "wait a little longer"...

Nemo14

Original Poster
As a mom of a soon-to-be- 21 year-old, I'd strongly advise that you take it slow. I know you're "smitten" with him, but you're still just in the "Everything's perfect" stage. Take your time, get to know each other, and to get to know yourself as well. Marriage is a wonderful thing, but it's a lot of work. At 21, you've still got a lot of wonderful things to see and experience, so don't rush into anything as serious as marriage without careful consideration!

Boy, am I old! :(

robynchic

Nemo14 said:
As a mom of a soon-to-be- 21 year-old, I'd strongly advise that you take it slow. I know you're "smitten" with him, but you're still just in the "Everything's perfect" stage. Take your time, get to know each other, and to get to know yourself as well. Marriage is a wonderful thing, but it's a lot of work. At 21, you've still got a lot of wonderful things to see and experience, so don't rush into anything as serious as marriage without careful consideration!

You're never old as long as you love Disney! :lol:

As I said, we don't really plan on rushing into anything. I'm not even going to consider moving in with him until I have a ring on my finger, and he knows that. We don't plan on getting each other extravagant gifts for a while (I'm getting him a Pampered Chef gift certificate for his birthday, so he can buy those little things in his kitchen he doesn't have yet), and we don't plan on making any firm long-term plans until I know exactly what's going on with my school career. And wedding after I graduate? That'll be at least spring 2008.

Thanks for the concern! I understand that you guys don't want to see a fellow Disney-phile hurt- but I'm pretty sure that Kerry's a guy that wouldn't do that.

jesserin

Nemo14 said:

I agree, you never know if you could live with a man forever until you've had a couple of good "fights" ;) this will be the tell all, b/c eventually you will disagree on something (most likely several things) and the way you handle and settle those things can really tell you alot about the one you love!

jesserin

awww... extra huggles... Wishes soundtrack just came on subsonic! :) Yay!

starlight starbright, first star I see tonight... make a wish and do as dreamers do... and all our wishes will come true...

nibblesandbits

I am so happy for you Robyn! I'm so glad you met a great guy!

As all the IMoms have said, you should definitely take things slow. (I know as someone who is young and getting married...22, hello! ) I can honestly tell you, I never thought I'd be getting married so young, but we will have dated 3 years by the time we actually do get married and I don't think I could wait any longer. But let me tell you, time is your friend on this. The sooner you jump into something like that, the more likely things are going to go wrong.

In the end though, if it's right, it's right...which is what I've realized with my fiance.

DDuckFan130

*huggles* for everyone

And many extra *HUGGLES* for Roxxy...thank you so much for the gifts...and :lol: the card made me laugh :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom