A WDW Update

Chape19714

Original Poster
Because Grizz was there last weekend as well, I have to say that I do not have much to add. But, I do have some things to point out:

-Stitch is drawing HUGE crowds, it was closed for tech. problems early sat, but re-opened around 10:30 or so, and by the end of the day just 1 chamber was working, with just 1 gun in the chamber working. I asked what the problem with the other chamber was, and was told everything was working, even BOTH guns, but the lift that brings Stitch up, would not budge from the under-stge enterance, so, Stitch would be missing. A yellow Extention cord was running out of a crack in the closed chamber to the hallway. In case you are wondering, the chamber exiting into Mickey's Star Traders was working.

-Guns have returned to Jungle Cruise, possibly for the movie

-The Jungle Cruise FastPass Machines were printing 2 FP's for every 1 ticket, so I rode twice! (surprised i could stand the jokes one more time) lol. Anyhow, both times were at night, and that is a neet experance, it gives a better feeling of adventure, I highly reccomend trying it at night.

-The Haunted Mansion was having a big back-up porblem between the stretching rooms and the load platform. Took 7 min. to get on the ride! That's too long, and they started to hold people back from the foyer until this receded.

-Country Bears are Singin' to Christmas to HUGE CROWDS!!

-The Sign and Roof have returned to the Indy Speedway.

-Finally got to see Festival of the Lion King with the new lighting design and it is AMAZING!

-EVEREST IS HUGE!

-Star Tours was running the smoothest I have ever seen it run, like a well oiled machine.

-The area next to the Mad Tea Party, on the left, if you were facing toontown, is back as a side walk and small flowerbed. You no longer have to go around Mad Tea Party to get to Toontown from Fantasyland!!

-The World's Largest House of Cards is Being built in the Rose Garden, expect it to be revealed in December.

-On Snow White the Witch did come out in the forest! That was a Much needed Rehab!!!

-All the scafloning that went from floor to roof on Small World is now gone, and the river is dug out, with the station belts that carry the boats are in place. The Entire area is white, with the exception of the control tower, which is in-place, over the river, like it always was, had 1 coat of paint on it. With so much to be done, i don't know if any of this is remaining from the old, or in from the new. It all looked New, so that is what i am guessing.

-Fort Willderness is getting a new bus stop for the front, where the EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Dowtown Disney, and Blizzard Beach Busses leave from. Right now, there is a White tent in the middle of the parking lot, serving as the stop, and work has started where the old stop was. A Construction wall is up.

-Building 5 is under an exterior rehab. at the Coronado Springs Resort, the rooms are still open.

-Blizzard Beach is closed as sceduled, From the road, i could not see much going on Rehab. Wise.

-Some Christmas stuff is up, not all.

-HUGE convention center construction is going on between the lobby and buildings 1,2&3, of the Coronado Springs Resort. The road around the resort has cones up in this area. BE CAREFUL AT NIGHT!

THANKS FOR READING THIS THREAD, PLEASE REMAIN SEATED UNTIL IT COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP, GATHER ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS, WATCH YOUR STEP, AND EXIT OUT THE DOORS ON YOUR RIGHT, THANK YOU, AND HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

Pictures are coming, please be patient.

Chape19714

Original Poster
Figment1986 said:
Nice update.... so u got a two for one special on FPs... maby thir were so many left they decided why not....
The 2 FP's were interesting...One was from my ticket, with the time i could get another one, and the other was a generic FP that CM's can print when they need extras. The Guy said it was just 1 machine, so i was lucky!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
clermont said:
Guns have returned to the Jungle Cruise? They used to be guns? A jungle cruise movie? Will the guns come in play on the ride?

I don't remember there ever being guns either. Does anyone have a pic?

clermont

hmmmm....... I wonder when guns were back in 1995? I wish I could remeber, also when guns come back into play this time around. and do you have pics

dxwwf3

Chape19714 said:
-The Haunted Mansion was having a big back-up porblem between the stretching rooms and the load platform. Took 7 min. to get on the ride! That's too long, and they started to hold people back from the foyer until this receded.

This seems to be a continuing problem. Last time we were there we had to wait in the stretch room for a couple of minutes just to get out. This makes it very hard to keep your group together, especially when the other group lets out.

Hopefully Disney can find a better way to control the crowd here.

disgolfer

clermont said:
hmmmm....... I wonder when guns were back in 1995? I wish I could remeber, also when guns come back into play this time around. and do you have pics
Guns were originally on the ride, and they were removed because of the Disney PC movement. I am happy to say that they are back and were being used to shoot hippos two weeks ago.

dandaman

The guns can be seen in the Walt Disney World Explorer CD, in the "More Stuff" section (near the end). (I think first edition.)

LilDucky

Im excited to hear that the guns are back. it wasnt the same without them!! :D ( no, i'm not sick... and I dont condone violence towards hippos).

Also, Im kind of bummed that parts of Coronado Springs are under construction. It will be my first time staying there... :( but im sure i'll get over it.

egionet

Chape19714 said:
-All the scafloning that went from floor to roof on Small World is now gone, and the river is dug out, with the station belts that carry the boats are in place. The Entire area is white, with the exception of the control tower, which is in-place, over the river, like it always was, had 1 coat of paint on it. With so much to be done, i don't know if any of this is remaining from the old, or in from the new. It all looked New, so that is what i am guessing.

I was just wonder how did you get the inside peek at Small World? Is that giant wall down and they are just letting anyone look at it? Or are you just extra special that you get to see inside when regular guests are not :D ? I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just curious!

zone15int

dxwwf3 said:
This seems to be a continuing problem. Last time we were there we had to wait in the stretch room for a couple of minutes just to get out. This makes it very hard to keep your group together, especially when the other group lets out.
quoted by OP------ -The Haunted Mansion was having a big back-up porblem between the stretching rooms and the load platform. Took 7 min. to get on the ride! That's too long, and they started to hold people back from the foyer until this receded.------------------
Hopefully Disney can find a better way to control the crowd here.
Maybe there is a back up from when all the parties of guests and wheelchairs go to the exit and board there?? I am saying this because at Buzz Lightyear, we load guests and wheelchair parties from unload. When we do this, the line at load backs up because guests cant board the ride until the WC parties go past and empty vehicles finally arrive. The guests in the mainstream queue have no idea this is going on. At the mansion, you leave the stretch room and walk to the short queue for the load area. If those guests can't board, you won't have room to join the queue. Therefore they would have to hold you in the stretch room. We would also have to consider creep mode and ride stops to load unload WC parties in Buzz and HM. Correct me if I am wrong, if there are any AdLib'ers out there.:)

P.s. to OP
are you aware that last weekend was busy and longer waits are customary for this time of year??:):xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom