A VERY Warm Disneyland trip report

I went to the DL 55 festivities, and brought along my best friend. We've lived in Florida all our lives and had never been to Disneyland, and as a lover of all things Disney I decided it was high time we visit the mother country. The planning began back in December right after Christmas, and we were actually pretty lucky when it came to airline and hotel prices. We anxiously awaited the trip and I saved for the MASSIVE amount of merchandise I was surely going to buy.

Disneyland is a whole other world. Cast Members are SO much nicer, and more willing to help and you don't have the brazilians that forget to use deodorant and make you want to puke! Like V said the shops are awesome and it's highly unlikely that you'll see the same piece of merchandise anywhere else unless you go to World of Disney or the Emporium. One of the other nice things about Disneyland is the weather, or well it's suppose to be. As it would turn out when we would arrive the whole mother f'in state was going through a heat wave.

Day 1-Bye, bye Florida and Hello Cali...
The flight out to California was rather uneventful the people in front of us were kind and understood that Blair and I both have extremley long legs, so they didn't put their seats back or make us feel like we were in a sardine can! We flew out of Orlando International and it was a pleasent experience other than the fact that there is an Orlando and a Sanford international airport so we took a few wrong turns. On the way there I would get a text stating that our plane had been delayed over an hour, and then another one about half an hour later that said it'd only been delayed 45 min. Eventually we got on the plane took off and had no issues. Now we did almost DIE on the way to Disneyland. The super shuttle that took us there thought that the way to drive was to get all the way up to a car's bumper and THEN press the brakes! But soon enough we got to the Red Lion and checked in. The room was AWESOME for $75 a night! We decided to walk around for a bit and find a snack. We ate like 5 times that day, I have no idea why we were so hungry!

We had a dinner reservation at 8:30 at the Jazz Kitchen in DtD and had requested that we be put on the balcony so we could watch Magical. Well they rented out the balcony for some party so we were stuck sitting on the patio. On the way out to California we were reading the Unoffical Guide to Disneyland and it talked about how the Jazz Kitchen only had staff from the south, so when our waiter came back with our drinks we asked him if he was from the south and he said yea, and we said well were to which he responded Oregon (if I remember right). :veryconfu I said umm that's not a southern state, you'll aren't below the mason dixon line sorry! :rolleyes: But we both had the jambalya and it was HOT. We walked around for a bit before we were both just slap worn out and wanted to go back to the room.

*The weather was actually pretty nice when we arrived that evening we put on hoodies at dinner. When we went back to the hotel that night the weather man was like it's going to be a hot one tomorrow it'll be 86. We both busted out laughing because 86 is nice weather at home, well Mr. Weatherman knew something we didn't!:lol:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Day 2-July 15th

The next morning we would wake up at about 6:15 in order to meet everyone from WDW celebrations at 7:45. We had breakfast in our hotel, which was disgusting, grabbed our bus passes and went off to Disneyland. We would meet brkgnews, SweetMagic and the rest of the celebrations people and proceed to the Nemo Subs, which were cute! Then we would have the tomorrowland history walk and I began to take photos....:D

Like this one that is very sad...
picture.php

No more rocket rods or people mover

Then there is this jewel, that I never got to ride because everytime I tried it was down!
picture.php

Eventually we ended up at Star Tours
picture.php

picture.php

After we left star tours we went and had lunch and ended up at Space Mountain which was AWESOME!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cdunbar

Original Poster
Day 2 Cont.

We wondered around Fantasyland for awhile
picture.php

The landscape is beautiful!
picture.php

And of course they still have Mr. Toad!
picture.php

We experienced Alice
picture.php

picture.php

You can see the whole park from up there, though that will be changed because people are stupid!
picture.php

picture.php

We rode Big Thunder
picture.php

cdunbar

Original Poster
We walked through Frontierland and experienced some jewels that are strictly at Disneyland!
Like the Davy Crockett Canoes
picture.php

Lily's petrified tree
picture.php

picture.php

Then we went to Pirates of the Carribean and it was AWESOME!
picture.php

New Orleans Square is SO amazing they have all these little details that you really can't even see in photos!
picture.php

picture.php

Then we went to the Haunted Mansion even though we were suppose to ride it with the group again later...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cdunbar

Original Poster
After we rode the Haunted Mansion it was time for our dinner reservation at Blue Bayou. If you ever get a chance to go to Disneyland you must, I repeat MUST go to Blue Bayou.

picture.php

It's a little expensive, but SO worth it!:slurp:
Now we didn't take any food pictures but I'm sure if you search facebook or twitter enough you'll find pictures of us eating because everytime a boat went by about a dozen flashes went off...:lol:

The interior of Blue Bayou is just so amazing! My crappy photo doesn't give it justice
picture.php

This was the view from our waterfront table which is a MUST if you go
picture.php

By the time we finished our dinner we were EXHAUSTED, the time change had finally caught up with us...
picture.php

But we sucked it up and went back to join the group to ride the matterhorn, which was down. That would become a pattern during this trip, we never did get to ride it....

So we went to It's a Small World and the boat almost capsized well we were in the boat behind them and we too almost capsized. Blair and I and another guy were in front of the WDW Celebrations guys when the boat almost flipped I fell onto him. I apologized and said I wasn't trying to get fresh with him, at which point he informed me that he'd be just fine with it...:rolleyes:

And then as a group we went back to the Haunted Mansion and that was our last ride of the night as we were ready to go to bed. :snore:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Day 3-Disney('s) California Adventure

We started out the morning by getting up at 6:45 and heading to IHOP for breakfast, we spent $12 each and all we got was pancakes and an orange juice!:eek: We waited and waited for the bus and it showed up at 8:05 we were suppose to meet the group at 8! We were late and missed the group Indiana Jones ride. We rode it ourselves though and it was awesome!

After that we headed to California Adventure and now Blair said that was her favorite of the two parks but I was totally unimpressed by it. The ques have no theming, most of the rides are off the shelf, and but the few that aren't are actually quite good like Monster's Inc. The park is problematic at best there is no shade, it's literally a concrete jungle, I saw very few if any trees, finding a stand that was open and sold water was almost impossible when the park 1st opened.

We rode Mickey's Fun Wheel on one of the swinging carts. Blair, I, Jason from WDW Celebrations and tiggerific were going in one cart and the woman said you do realize you can put 8 in there...:eek: we had 5 and were basically sitting on top of each other! So with 5 people in it that thing spun and spun and spun it was crazy, but the views were awesome! SweetMagic, brkgnews, tiggerific, and tiggerific's sister and I made our way over to the animation gallery and found several cool places to hide out... Blair had gone off with another group to experience Turtle Talk.
picture.php

DCA did have some nice theming in the Hollywood area. Every once in awhile they'll make these announcements like the one I heard was "Pinochio please come to the front office your manager is here with your new contract, thank you" I can only assume that you're suppose to be on the backlot of a studio.
picture.php

I didn't get to spend much time at DCA as I started to feel very poorly as the day would go on and would eventually have to go back to the room about 5. Unfortunately I would miss World of Color which I'm still very upset over...:(

cdunbar

Original Poster
Day 4-Disneyland's 55th Birthday

We made the decision to sleep in that day and then spent alot of the day running around after merchandise.

I did manage to snag the two tea cups and 2 55th Anniversary pins. We really wanted the special Dooney and Burke purse they came out with that day but the line to get them was TERRIBLY long!

We did however get a few cool shots to end the vacation with!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately we had a SUPER early flight and the park was pretty crowded so we didn't really get to ride much.

But I am going to go back I loved Disneyland! But we have to have at least a week because the time change was really tough on us!

Overall it was great to meet everyone!:sohappy:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Day 5-Goodbye Cali, Hello Florida

The flight home was terrible at best. The people in front of us put their seats all the way back, we were so uncomfortable. There was terrible turbulence and we were both just so tired, but very happy to finally come home!

I want to go back because there is so much I missed, and the time change really messed me up. So if you go I recommend at least a week because you need two full days at least for Disneyland and 1 day for DCA and you need plenty of time to get use to the time change!

I hope you all enjoy it!:D

sweetpee_1993

I soo enjoyed your report! I'm so terribly jealous! I wanna see DL so bad. I love that you called it 'the Mother land'. That was cool!

I'm hurrying off to find this new Disney Dooney you speak of. I gotta see!!!!

EDIT: OMG! That DL 55th Dooney rocks! Want it! I was also intrigued by the sketch design on the different colors in the small cross-body bag & wristlets. I wonder if they have or will do that in the larger bags. I'd be all over the pink & aqua!

cdunbar

Original Poster
Good to see the DL Remix. Nice shots of HM!
Thank you!:D

I soo enjoyed your report! I'm so terribly jealous! I wanna see DL so bad. I love that you called it 'the Mother land'. That was cool!

I'm hurrying off to find this new Disney Dooney you speak of. I gotta see!!!!

EDIT: OMG! That DL 55th Dooney rocks! Want it! I was also intrigued by the sketch design on the different colors in the small cross-body bag & wristlets. I wonder if they have or will do that in the larger bags. I'd be all over the pink & aqua!
Are you talking about the ones with the Mickey and Minnie heads?

sweetpee_1993

Thank you!:D

Are you talking about the ones with the Mickey and Minnie heads?

No. Go to eBay & search the key words "Disney Dooney". There's several listings for the small cross-body pouch things (Coach makes some similar in size) that are the sketch design like the first series of sketch bags but with different color backgrounds. There are also wristlets in the different color sketch pattern. It's not that canvas material ones that recently went on sale on DisneyStore.com. I love the sketch pattern. Even tho my sketch bag is smaller & more of a pain than my other bright multi-color Mickey Disney Dooney, I use it more because I love the pattern so much. Silly, I know.

cdunbar

Original Poster
No. Go to eBay & search the key words "Disney Dooney". There's several listings for the small cross-body pouch things (Coach makes some similar in size) that are the sketch design like the first series of sketch bags but with different color backgrounds. There are also wristlets in the different color sketch pattern. It's not that canvas material ones that recently went on sale on DisneyStore.com. I love the sketch pattern. Even tho my sketch bag is smaller & more of a pain than my other bright multi-color Mickey Disney Dooney, I use it more because I love the pattern so much. Silly, I know.
O I see what you're talking about, the bright colors does make it more interestinf! Now the sketch wasn't at Disneyland I think that's a WDW exclusive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom