A very sad day for me

Well many of you dont "know" me as i dont post very much but that doesnt matter right :)

So a month or so ago, actually January 8, i was let go from my job. Figuring as a cook with 20 years experience id be ok, find something and get back on my feet.

A month and a few days later im still out of work, out of money in my bank account, and have no idea how im going to pay my rent for the month of March.

During this time of being out of work, we were talking about going to WDW, actually started planning in November. Kind of glad i didnt set anything in stone with the to other members going or i would have been really screwed lol.

I just want to say to those people that are able to go to wdw every year your very lucky. And those like me who are out of work or cant go even once every 8 years,thats how long its been for me, I hope things get better for us.

So I hate to come here :cry: but im really bummed out

joannecasey

So sorry to hear about the loss of your job. It is so tough for many people these days and you are right, anyone who gets to visit Disney should consider themselves very lucky indeed. Best wishes with your job search and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to experience the "magic" sooner than later !!

Good luck ! :wave:

Upvote 0

ggauthier82

Very sorry to hear about that. Reminds me of the song "For the first time" by The Script. Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear that song on the radio.

I wish you the best of luck finding a new job, and remember, everything happens for a reason, or so they say, so hopefully it's all worth it in the long run. Hang in there!

Upvote 0

rachels

Praying for you to find job security soon...I know it has to be scary in a day where nothing is secure. This is just a trial and you'll make it through, and like the other person said things always happen for a reason. Maybe God has something better in store for you! :animwink:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

((HUGS)) we have not been in 4 years because we chose to help with our DD's college education instead (and I think it was money well spent).
I know jobs are scarce right now, but it seems that jobs in your field are even more so; my nephew just moved home from NYC because he could not find a job
(he graduated culinary school in June).

Best of luck to you

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'm sorry, but if it means anything, I admire you for having your priorities in order. I've known people who've skipped mortgage payments to go to WDW, only to be dumbfounded when they can't get out from under in a "why do these thing always happen to me" fashion. Yours may be a sad decision, but it is the right one.

Upvote 0

crispy

I'm sorry, but if it means anything, I admire you for having your priorities in order. I've known people who've skipped mortgage payments to go to WDW, only to be dumbfounded when they can't get out from under in a "why do these thing always happen to me" fashion. Yours may be a sad decision, but it is the right one.

Well said! I hope something turns up for you soon. Good luck with your search.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

You came to the right place because if anyone can understand your sadness over missing out on WDW and sympathize with you it's a bunch of fellow Disney fans.

My hubby was out of work for a couple months last spring. He's the sole supporter of our family so that was pretty scary. Our savings took a huuuuge hit. When he did go back to work it was a less than ideal situation so our savings still had to remain and we couldn't spend any on travel. Things have steadily improved for us but we still have our share of struggles to keep things moving along. From this time last year to now his income dropped by about 40%. That's a lot to lose from your sole income.

We eeked out a trip in November but there's no telling when it'll be realistic for us to go back to our happy place. There's been times when I thought maybe I should take a hiatus from the good ol' WDWMagic to keep my sanity but then I find my sanity by being amongst others who love WDW the way I do. When I start to feel down about not having a trip to plan I just tell myself it's okay because WDW will be there when the time is right.

Keep your chin up. Hopefully yours is one of those situations where one door closes so another can open. Keep telling yourself the glass is half full. WDW and all it's pixie dusted wonders will be there waiting when the time is right. The next time you're standing on Main Street gazing at that awe-inspiring castle the magic will mean that much more to you.

All my bestest wishes for a future that brings sunnier days for you...

:wave:

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Well many of you dont "know" me as i dont post very much but that doesnt matter right :)

So a month or so ago, actually January 8, i was let go from my job. Figuring as a cook with 20 years experience id be ok, find something and get back on my feet.

A month and a few days later im still out of work, out of money in my bank account, and have no idea how im going to pay my rent for the month of March.

During this time of being out of work, we were talking about going to WDW, actually started planning in November. Kind of glad i didnt set anything in stone with the to other members going or i would have been really screwed lol.

I just want to say to those people that are able to go to wdw every year your very lucky. And those like me who are out of work or cant go even once every 8 years,thats how long its been for me, I hope things get better for us.

So I hate to come here :cry: but im really bummed out

Hang in there.

Things don't stay like that forever.

Once the ship gets righted, you'll be back in WDW and it will be all that much better.

Upvote 0

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I feel the pain, I was working a crap job for over a year. Couldn't go to wdw for a year and half. Kids hadn't gone in 2 years. I found a job that is way better though and things are turning around. I even get to take my baby this year. Point is that you can't give up because it will turn around..

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow.. just a dream away!

Upvote 0
I know how you feel. My eldest DD started College this fall and we basically got no financial aid or loans or anything. So we are paying over $20,000 out of pocket for my daughter to go to school. This means not just no Disney, but very few other vacations as well. My two younger children are extremely upset. And when watching the commercials on Tv my youngest always says "Mom, are you going to surprise us with a trip this year and that why you say we aren't going?" It breaks my heart to tell her we seriously cannot afford it. :cry:

Things will turn around though! My DD in College just got a $10,000 scholarship for next fall. So Myself, DH, and DD18 are now trying to each put $20 away every month and next August, We are going to surprise my DD14 and DD11:D

So just hang in there. You will be able to go soon enough.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I know how you feel. My eldest DD started College this fall and we basically got no financial aid or loans or anything. So we are paying over $20,000 out of pocket for my daughter to go to school. This means not just no Disney, but very few other vacations as well. My two younger children are extremely upset. And when watching the commercials on Tv my youngest always says "Mom, are you going to surprise us with a trip this year and that why you say we aren't going?" It breaks my heart to tell her we seriously cannot afford it. :cry:

Things will turn around though! My DD in College just got a $10,000 scholarship for next fall. So Myself, DH, and DD18 are now trying to each put $20 away every month and next August, We are going to surprise my DD14 and DD11:D

So just hang in there. You will be able to go soon enough.

Ugh! I know! The commercials this year rip my heart out! Those marketing people sure know how to put a hurtin' on folks... :mad: :lol:

Upvote 0

MCC1

You'll land on your feet...keep looking & networking...then set the goal that when you do, a WDW trip is exactly how you are going to celebrate. You may want to consider volunteering to get out there...and not sure where you're located, but most states have a United Way 2-1-1 service for help & referrals to help keep you on you on feet (just dial 211 from any phone)...here's more info on the CT one so you at least can get some info on the kind of help out there - just go to http://211ct.org/

Sending positive thoughts your way...

Upvote 0

Jay & Sue

Unless your roots are really deep where you are now, have you thought about applying as a cook in Disneyworld? With your extensive experience, you just may be the person they are looking for.:wave:

Upvote 0

Tooning

I feel for you and Know exactly how you feel as I just had my restaurant close down and money is really tight, Luckily for me I am an accountant and have another job and my wife has a job as well. We cannot go back until MArch 2012, But this time we will be with friends and family going instead of just my wife and I. We will also have a child to take with us(My wife is insisting we bring the kid, ME I would like to leave the kid with family lol) so i may be longer than I wanted but it might make it that much more special, Disney World isn't going anywhere so hang in there and all the luck to you

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom