A vacation for your WDW vacation!

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
I was just going through some old pictures from our past trips and came across this photo of our daughter from a few summers ago. We had just done either SM or BTMRR, I can't remember, but I just remember her taking a seat and just saying she was wiped out.

Untitled by coachwnh, on Flickr

For those that have taken that return to MCO on the ME, Goofy uses the line "I need a vacation form this vacation." This picture to me says that!

So when you guys get home from your WDW vacations, are you refreshed or exhausted?

foreverbelle

Too cute.

The first year or two that I took my husband who had never gone, we crammed so much stuff into the trip that you are exactly right we were really exhausted. We just had to do it all at that point.

Now however we know we return so often that we actually sit back and try and enjoy the time, and the experiences at more of our own pace. This has dif. made it seem like a much better time and one that we can come home to feeling relaxed.

Upvote 0

luv

That's a great picture. :)

I learned real fast how much a Disney vacation can suck out of you. I was lucky in that I'd gone to WDW while in Orlando on a business trip and did have a good idea how big it is and how much longer it takes to do everything than one might think. Plus, I'd bought myself a copy of the UG and practically memorized it.

STILL, I was pushing DS a little harder than he could stand. But I caught on fast and toned it down a bit. After that, I always planned exceptionally well and made sure everyone got enough rest...and nobody ever felt like they needed a vacation from the vacation. :)

I see so many people with tired, crabby children who are not having fun, but are instead just enduring and trying to make it through the March of Fun mom has them on. "Mommy, I'm tired..." "Mommy, can we go back to the hotel?" Just one more ride, says mom. Then fireworks. LOL. And I've seen many of these kids just fall asleep (once while standing/leaning on something) or start throwing fits. I want to grab those people and say,"Stop! It's supposed to be FUN, not an endurance challenge! You don't have to BREAK the kids!" But I know they'll figure it out, eventually, lol. And then they'll have their stories to tell. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I was just going through some old pictures from our past trips and came across this photo of our daughter from a few summers ago. We had just done either SM or BTMRR, I can't remember, but I just remember her taking a seat and just saying she was wiped out.
how adorable!!! I have felt like this so many times LOL God Bless :)

For those that have taken that return to MCO on the ME, Goofy uses the line "I need a vacation form this vacation." This picture to me says that!

So when you guys get home from your WDW vacations, are you refreshed or exhausted?

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Very cute!:) I do usually need at least a day or 2 after getting back to rest up...but I think more of it is to prep myself for being back in the less than magical work world. :(

That pic reminds me of this one of DD4 on her very first trip. She had just turned 2 and it was day 1. We had been up since about 4:45am, she refused to nap on the plane or DME, and was full steam ahead as soon as we got to the boat dock at WL on our way to MK. By about 6:30pm it all was too much and next thing ya know, we have this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/5263993681/

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Thankfully DH isn't on these boards, otherwise he'd be none to happy with me for the picture I'm about to post lol. This was in the Magic of Disney Animation at DHS on one of the last days of our trip last September. He always says he needs a vacation from the vacation!

IMG_9697_zpsef86a53d.jpg

Upvote 0

Aurora1

That's a great picture. :)

I learned real fast how much a Disney vacation can suck out of you. I was lucky in that I'd gone to WDW while in Orlando on a business trip and did have a good idea how big it is and how much longer it takes to do everything than one might think. Plus, I'd bought myself a copy of the UG and practically memorized it.

STILL, I was pushing DS a little harder than he could stand. But I caught on fast and toned it down a bit. After that, I always planned exceptionally well and made sure everyone got enough rest...and nobody ever felt like they needed a vacation from the vacation. :)

I see so many people with tired, crabby children who are not having fun, but are instead just enduring and trying to make it through the March of Fun mom has them on. "Mommy, I'm tired..." "Mommy, can we go back to the hotel?" Just one more ride, says mom. Then fireworks. LOL. And I've seen many of these kids just fall asleep (once while standing/leaning on something) or start throwing fits. I want to grab those people and say,"Stop! It's supposed to be FUN, not an endurance challenge! You don't have to BREAK the kids!" But I know they'll figure it out, eventually, lol. And then they'll have their stories to tell. :)

So true! We went in mid-February, and when we got on POTC, you could hear a kid's screams echoing through the entire queue. When we got towards the entrance there was a dad with a kid who just wanted NOTHING to do with another ride, and you could see he was definitely worn out. That's when a fun vacation becomes brutal, especially for a 3-4 year old!

Upvote 0

Todd L

First of all..Cute Kid!!

We used to Do the run til you drop thing . Not full on Disney Cammando but Up Early, To the parks early, Try to get the most rides in per hour kinda craziness.

We are getting to Wdw a little more often since we became Dvcers and Its been a lot more laid back.

We hit the Pool just about everyday and Downtown too.

Last trip my Son and I spent 9 hours at the Big pool at SSr while My wife and Daughter went shopping and had lunch downtown. we met for dinner and went to M.K. late and The place was EMPTY..everyone was leaving as we were getting there.

We learned to relax..wish we'd done it sooner!!

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We actually took a little mini vacation from our last WDW vacation. At the end of our stay, we booked a room at AKL for one night and stayed there just to relax, swim and explore the resort. It was a great way to end a hot and tiring trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom