A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

Stevek

So do I have this right, I pay $75 for $25 worth of food?
Yes! But also unlimited photopass pictures with socially distanced characters and parking! Yay!? Ultimately, it's all a matter of what you value. The additional $50 is the stretch for me. If you assume the same $10 pricepoint for parking (for DTD), then you are paying $40 for unlimited photopass downloads. That's 100% wasted for me and pure profit for Disney, could care less about the photos.

Last edited:

DrAlice

They should have just said $75 will get you X tastings and the event will include free parking and photo opportunities. Unfortunately, they aren't doing X number of tastings...it's just $25 worth of food.
The end is the same, but I totally get what you're saying. It's pretty silly marketing considering how the competition is selling their offerings. If this doesn't sell out (*cough* it will), we can blame the marketing department.

mrfires

$75 might be worth it if it were in Disneyland. But DCA? No thank you. First of all, a $25 voucher won’t get you much. One full meal? Disney must be living in a fantasy world if they think that’s a fair price. Keep in mind, the price of a single day ticket is typically $104.

Save your money. Go to Knott’s. They have bigger portions, anyway.

TP2000

Yep. Many fans are looking for something to satisfy the itch. The parks have been closed for nearly a year, not to mention we’re talking Disneyland fans.

They’ll be there and will spend the $75+ without batting an eye.

Some will. But some also spent $299 to do the Pixar Pier Preview in 2018, and that thing didn't even get close to selling out.

I imagine some people will do this, especially the first weekend all the YouTuber bloggers will be there gushing about it and telling us how AMAAAAAZING it all is. :rolleyes:

Then the general public will have to decide if it's worth $75 per person to wander around a closed theme park eating $25 worth of food. For a family of four that's $300 for the afternoon, with $100 worth of food.

TP2000

They've also paid someone to comb through every column inch of communication on this to remove the word "festival" from this DCA Food Festival.

Food Festivals are still forbidden by the state if your county is in the Purple, Red or Orange Tier.

But if you brand it an "experience" instead, apparently that's perfectly fine. 🤣

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom