A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
75 bucks to wander around a closed theme park eating 25 bucks worth of sample food?

The mind boggles at the people who would do this sort of thing. I just don't get it.

Yeah, this is pretty bad on Disney's part. There is no logical way one can justify this UNLESS you are a YouTuber and know the ad revenue will more than pay for your ticket.

Greedy decision by Disney.

TP2000

In the same breath, some of those who’ve been advocating for the parks to reopen to generate money for the economy and employees have no intentions of participating in this lol. Aren’t you guys happy there’s some sort of operation going on? Where are the margaritas?

No margaritas. Didn't you read the fine print?

*A Touch of Disney Dining Cards may not be used towards the purchase of alcohol or any merchandise items, services, admission tickets, or gift cards. For additional terms and conditions visit disneyterms.com/atouchofdisney.

Darkbeer1

*A Touch of Disney Dining Cards may not be used towards the purchase of alcohol or any merchandise items, services, admission tickets, or gift cards. For additional terms and conditions visit disneyterms.com/atouchofdisney.

Another reason Knott's is better. Each Adult Tasting card has 5 "tastes", those 21+, up to 2 of those 5 tastes can be used or Beer or Wine beverages.

Californian Elitist

Ya’ll can drink at your homes. I’m surprised no one’s toasting to this. Months and months of wanting the parks to open to generate money. “But the economy!”

Who will be first in line to purchase a ticket to make sure the Walt Disney Company and their employees make money?

TP2000

Ya’ll can drink at your homes. I’m surprised no one’s toasting to this. Months and months of wanting the parks to open to generate money. “But the economy!”

Who will be first in line to purchase a ticket to make sure the Walt Disney Company and their employees make money?

I think it's fabulous if this recalls a bunch of CM's back to work, to be put back on the payroll by the Walt Disney Company. Even if they are PhotoPass CM's, which I still am amazed is a thing this far into the Selfie Era.

But will it get me to buy a ticket to this festival experience? $75 to wander around a closed theme park and eat $25 worth of food?

No, that doesn't pencil out for me. Even though I can spot myself the 75 bucks, I'd be mad at myself for doing it.

But I'm sure some YouTubers will be all over this opening weekend. It's AMAAAAAZING! :rolleyes:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think it's fabulous if this recalls a bunch of CM's back to work, to be put back on the payroll by the Walt Disney Company. Even if they are PhotoPass CM's, which I still am amazed is a thing this far into the Selfie Era.

But will it get me to buy a ticket to this festival experience? $75 to wander around a closed theme park and eat $25 worth of food?

No, that doesn't pencil out for me. Even though I can spot myself the 75 bucks, I'd be mad at myself for doing it.

But I'm sure some YouTubers will be all over this opening weekend. It's AMAAAAAZING! :rolleyes:
Cough *Freshbaked* Cough

Practical Pig

I'm a twelve hour drive or a couple of plane flights away, so I won't be attending. But if this thing doesn't sell-out as predicted, and as I can afford it, I'll be happy to buy a ticket anyway.

But I agree that this thing is going to sell-out.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

$75 ticket gets you an admission, parking, photo pass, and a $25 food card. Now, photo pass means characters will be out and about. I'm not 100% onboard yet but I'm really craving for the lobster nachos at Lamplight Lounge.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
I’m excited to go! Granted, I live next door and it is just the hubs and I ☺️ So we don’t have to spend a fortune on the whole family to go. We’ve been loving our visits to Buena Vista street and just soaking in the ambience, so I’ll take it.

Will I go more than once, though? No way. But it does the job to get more things up and running and pacify the craving for “more”.

I will say, neither of us are the fan of Knott’s food at the event, so it was a let down in that regard. And we are not nostalgic to the park since we just moved here. So even though we were “full”, we have only been to two tasting events this whole time because it just wasn’t for us. But I can see why it’s more appealing than this Disney one. This one really seems to nickel and dime. And I bet for $25 of food voucher, we will only be able to get a snack size dole whip and a sandwich or something. You’ll definitely feel like this was designed with more spending in mind.

TP2000

I’m excited to go! Granted, I live next door and it is just the hubs and I ☺️ So we don’t have to spend a fortune on the whole family to go. We’ve been loving our visits to Buena Vista street and just soaking in the ambience, so I’ll take it.

Will I go more than once, though? No way. But it does the job to get more things up and running and pacify the craving for “more”.

I will say, neither of us are the fan of Knott’s food at the event, so it was a let down in that regard. And we are not nostalgic to the park since we just moved here. So even though we were “full”, we have only been to two tasting events this whole time because it just wasn’t for us. But I can see why it’s more appealing than this Disney one. This one really seems to nickel and dime. And I bet for $25 of food voucher, we will only be able to get a snack size dole whip and a sandwich or something. You’ll definitely feel like this was designed with more spending in mind.

Please report back what your experience at this festival experience was like!

And since you've been to Knott's, how it compares/contrasts to those cheaper events. It will be interesting to hear your insight.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Save your money man

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Please report back what your experience at this festival experience was like!

And since you've been to Knott's, how it compares/contrasts to those cheaper events. It will be interesting to hear your insight.
You got it, friend! I will say, we LOVED the Taste of Merry Farm, but mainly for the ambience and performers. And the Santa Snoopy photo op. ☺️ Definitely not for the food. So I’m interested to see how they compare as well (that is if I can get tickets). I’ll keep you updated!

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm sure there are reasons, but I think it's a shame it's not being marketed more as a character event with different character themes each week - i.e. Princesses & Princes week, Star Wars characters week, Marvel characters week (shut up and take my money!), Fab Five & Friends week, Pixar Pals week, etc. Make it seem like a mini-Halloween event with lots of (socially distanced) character photo ops and I think personally I'd be super-enthused even if it's the same price point and same other offerings. Make it DISNEY-focused (i.e. come home and see all your Disney friends!) rather than eating & shopping focused and I think there would be more enthusiasm for it even if it winds up with the exact same options. Sell the Disney of it. I'm not feeling enough Disney in this touch... umm... wait... can I rephrase that? :D

Still thrilled that hundreds of CM's are getting back to work again finally!

TP2000

I'm sure there are reasons, but I think it's a shame it's not being marketed more as a character event with different character themes each week - i.e. Princesses & Princes week, Star Wars characters week, Marvel characters week (shut up and take my money!), Fab Five & Friends week, Pixar Pals week, etc. Make it seem like a mini-Halloween event with lots of (socially distanced) character photo ops and I think personally I'd be super-enthused even if it's the same price point and same other offerings. Make it DISNEY-focused (i.e. come home and see all your Disney friends!) rather than eating & shopping focused and I think there would be more enthusiasm for it even if it winds up with the exact same options. Sell the Disney of it. I'm not feeling enough Disney in this touch... umm... wait... can I rephrase that? :D

A themed week each week of the festival experience. Kids and families can dress up, coordinate looks and outfits, and have a lot of fun. It might even give superfans a reason to attend more than one of these. Mom and daughter go all out for Princess Week, and then Dad and son go all out for Marvel week, etc.

Welp, we did it again gang! One of us amateurs just spitballed a great idea off the top of our heads within just a few minutes of reading about this concept.

Meanwhile, in TDA, they are creating a new PowerPoint that outlines all the red tape excuses they have for why they can't do stuff. 🤣

AJFireman

I agree. Biggest complaint i see around online groups is the cost to just walk around and get tastings and shop. I know its not for everyone but a lot of Disney Fans enjoy the photo ops and character sightings especially not seeing them for a year. You can look at the After Dark Events those themed nights sell out with just a theme, food and photo ops and generally no complaints about the ticket cost for like 6 hours in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom