A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

TP2000

Also, what's the deal with lumping PhotoPass into this Food Festival experience?

Didn't PhotoPass already die and get shut down a couple years ago? But now it's back? Or am I remembering things wrong and PhotoPass didn't get cancelled back in 2019?

There must be some sort of legal reason why they keep needing to lump PhotoPass into extra cost offerings like MaxPass, etc.

DrAlice

Also, what's the deal with lumping PhotoPass into this Food Festival experience?

Didn't PhotoPass already die and get shut down a couple years ago? But now it's back? Or am I remembering things wrong and PhotoPass didn't get cancelled back in 2019?

There must be some sort of legal reason why they keep needing to lump PhotoPass into extra cost offerings like MaxPass, etc.
I took it as a way to emphasize that there would be characters around.

However, now that I think about it, that might be what they WANT me to think. Maybe they will have PhotoPass people in front of "Instagram Walls" or whatever the heck the kids are calling those stupid things.

TP2000

However, now that I think about it, that might be what they WANT me to think. Maybe they will have PhotoPass people in front of "Instagram Walls" or whatever the heck the kids are calling those stupid things.

You're probably right. I Googled it and I think I was just remembering it wrong; PhotoPass was only rumored to be going away back in 2019. Apparently it's still a thing.

It's just weird how they always lump PhotoPass into upcharge stuff as if it's some big value item we should all be excited about.

75 bucks per person to wander around a closed theme park and eat 25 bucks worth of food. With PhotoPass. I still don't get it.

DrAlice

You're probably right. I Googled it and I think I was just remembering it wrong; PhotoPass was only rumored to be going away back in 2019. Apparently it's still a thing.

It's just weird how they always lump PhotoPass into upcharge stuff as if it's some big value item we should all be excited about.

75 bucks per person to wander around a closed theme park and eat 25 bucks worth of food. With PhotoPass. I still don't get it.
There is nothing about paying to get into a closed theme park that I get (even the Knott's food festival). There's also nothing about going to DTD when the theme parks are closed that I get either. We're clearly not the target audience. ;)

fctiger

I was pretty excited about this, but $75????

I was willing to do it up to $60. I figure that would be a fair price considering what you're getting. But basically what this is covering is $50 (minus the food portion) just to walk around DCA to spend more money on shopping? Just doesn't sound all that worth it to me.

But that said, yes this will sell out fast. People LOVE these parks and even though you won't ride a single thing the atmosphere will be worth it alone to a lot of people. I'm just not sure I'm one of them though. End of the day I pay for the rides. ;) And we went to DTD just yesterday to do BVS and the other lands one more time just in case we didn't do this.

Who ever thought we see a day you can charge $75 dollars to just walk around DCA and it be a smashing success lol. I'll wait and see what people say about the actual event first when it first opens and of course look at the dozens of videos that will be on Youtube before I really decide, but at the moment I am very much closer to the 'no' camp.

Giss Neric

You are correct. They are Instagram walls, but to be honest, everything in a Disney park can be a backdrop for Instagram. Do you take photos while in the parks? Not even behind the castle?

Giss Neric

I'll wait and see what people say about the actual event first when it first opens and of course look at the dozens of videos that will be on Youtube before I really decide, but at the moment I am very much closer to the 'no' camp.
Same. I'll watch the California Disney vloggers document the event first then I'll see if it's really worth it. You do have to filter out which Disney vloggers kisses Disney's behind and who does it for the sake of their review.

DrAlice

You are correct. They are Instagram walls, but to be honest, everything in a Disney park can be a backdrop for Instagram. Do you take photos while in the parks? Not even behind the castle?
Oh, of course. My disparaging comments were about the idea of an instagram wall adding "value" to the festival offerings. But, again, I'm not the target audience here. YMMV.

Darkbeer1

More Info...

>>Classic Disney foods at the event will include Dole Whips, Monte Cristo Sandwiches, Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings, Lobster Nachos, Chieftain Chicken Skewers, Route Beer Floats, PB&J Rolls. Disney chefs will add new twists to some Disney favorites as well as create some new items for the event — like the Carrot Cake Funnel Cake Fries.

Disney characters will pose for photos from a distance and wave at visitors in unexpected settings to maintain social distance. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Mater, Lightning McQueen, Joy and Sadness are expected to be among the characters that will make appearances during A Touch of Disney. Photo locations without characters will be set up throughout the park with Pixar Play Parade floats and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters cars.

A Touch of Disney will feature six festival booths along the parade route, run five days a week and take place throughout DCA with certain areas not accessible. The new Avengers Campus will not be part of the event.

Quick service restaurant locations open during the event include Smokejumpers Grill, Award Wieners, Cocina Cucamonga and Sonoma Terrace. Carthay Circle restaurant and Lamplight Lounge will offer table service outdoor dining — with reservations available starting March 11.

Marketplace booths will include:

• Disney D-Lish: Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle
  • California Craft Brews: Craft beer and bite-sized food
  • LA Style: Pork Belly Banh Mì and other food truck favorites
  • Golden Dreams: Sweet and spicy chicken wings from Trader Sam’s and strawberry rose lemonade
  • Uncork California: Mimosa flights and California cheese plate
  • Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo: Chicken gumbo and grilled beef tenderloin slider
Many marketplace items will be served in snack-sized bites to encourage strolling and sampling. The booths will offer mobile ordering.

Snack carts will serve churros in Grizzly Peak, popcorn in Pixar Pier and Buena Vista Street and cappuccino in Pacific Wharf.<<

>>Visitors will walk from the parking structure with trams not in service.<<

TP2000

I was pretty excited about this, but $75????

I was willing to do it up to $60. I figure that would be a fair price considering what you're getting. But basically what this is covering is $50 (minus the food portion) just to walk around DCA to spend more money on shopping? Just doesn't sound all that worth it to me.

You forgot about PhotoPass. That's included in this $75 for $25 worth of food festival experience too! :cool:

Californian Elitist

Hey, this event is "A Touch", isn't that banned under the California COVID rules? I thought we were supposed to eliminate Touch Points!
In the same breath, some of those who’ve been advocating for the parks to reopen to generate money for the economy and employees have no intentions of participating in this lol. Aren’t you guys happy there’s some sort of operation going on? Where are the margaritas?

mickEblu

Yep, let people pay for whatever brings them enjoyment. For me part of the issue is Disney basically said, we're giving you $25 worth of food and you're paying $50 to park, shop, get pictures and walk around the park. They should have just said $75 will get you X tastings and the event will include free parking and photo opportunities. Unfortunately, they aren't doing X number of tastings...it's just $25 worth of food.

Exactly. Terrible marketing. Amateur hour

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom