A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Blame GE and/or Blackstone. When Comcast came in they rushed into starting to update the parks.

Meanwhile how long has Epcot stagnated?

The perceived perception is Uni are rushing through one project after another. WDW is not.

Just saying. This is why perhaps you got the answers you did.

Yet with Disney's pace of construction they are not WOWING us with amazing things, We get a gazebo which is what 2.5 years in the making and not done yet, NFL which is simply Meh', Yet up I-4 a ways they are putting new E-tickets online every 18 months or so and small stuff in months.

Katie G

Blame GE and/or Blackstone. When Comcast came in they rushed into starting to update the parks.

Meanwhile how long has Epcot stagnated?

The perceived perception is Uni are rushing through one project after another. WDW is not.

Just saying. This is why perhaps you got the answers you did.

There will always be someone to blame. And I understand the responses since I've been reading them here for ages. Difference of opinion I guess.

Some of the new stuff at both places isn't appealing to me. I can't say I'm a fan of the new Kong ride - line theming was impeccable but the ride was just meh for me. So Happy HULK is back, probably one of my favorites next to Mummy. I don't watch the shows at Uni anymore and I get tired of all the screens. Can't get enough of the Harry Potter stuff though
All the closed spaces at Epcot make me sad, but I still enjoy the world showcase. The stuff still open at DHS is a blast, but I miss Osborne lights. I never get tired of MK or DAK.

Just seems rather dismissive of people to say that price increases are okay at Universal but not at Disney when both parks are building right now.

Katie G

Universal is opening headliner E Tickets. 1/3 of DHS is closed.

It is not a double standard.i really can't make you see the difference.

When was the last new E Ticket opened at WDW? 2006!

E Ticket is subjective and everyone knows it. That classification hasn't been around for ages and there is plenty of debate on what it really means. Universal opens new rides, yes, and some of them are really fun. Theming has been amazing there lately. But just because you really enjoy it doesn't mean everyone really enjoys it. Kong has amazing theming and a wonderful queue. The ride though didn't impress me much and wouldn't pull me in to re-ride unless someone I was with wanted to really go on it. Personal opinion of course.

lazyboy97o

E Ticket is subjective and everyone knows it. That classification hasn't been around for ages and there is plenty of debate on what it really means. Universal opens new rides, yes, and some of them are really fun. Theming has been amazing there lately. But just because you really enjoy it doesn't mean everyone really enjoys it. Kong has amazing theming and a wonderful queue. The ride though didn't impress me much and wouldn't pull me in to re-ride unless someone I was with wanted to really go on it. Personal opinion of course.
Just because a term is not used publicly does not mean it is out of use and without meaning.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Indeed opinions differ.

We rode Kong twice during a recent trip. Can't wait to ride twice again.

We rode Frozenstrom. That was enough for ever. We didn't ride Mine Train last year at all.

Epcot is a travesty. Without even comparing EPCOT Center. It needs everything proposed with nothing cut. As a good start. DHS is an embarrassing mish mash. It will still need more. DAK is and still will be lacking as a theme park. MK hits the highs then crashes to the lows.

For the record we must do CoP, Tiki, CBJ and SSE multiple times each trip. And BTM. And Tower. And Kilimanjaro. And I think Comcast using synergy in Fallon is a disaster.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It is a term still used internally as well as more widely.
I think part of the problem is that "E" ticket has been blown way out of proportion compared to years past. I mean, Walt stated that IASW is an "E" ticket. Country Bear Jamboree was an "E" ticket as well - even though it started as a "D". The Tropical Serenade (Enchanted Tiki Birds) was originally an "E" as well. By that measurement, quite a few attractions over the last decade are either "E" or close to it. And no, the measurement should not change from years past, regardless of new technology.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think part of the problem is that "E" ticket has been blown way out of proportion compared to years past. I mean, Walt stated that IASW is an "E" ticket. Country Bear Jamboree was an "E" ticket as well - even though it started as a "D". The Tropical Serenade (Enchanted Tiki Birds) was originally an "E" as well. By that measurement, quite a few attractions over the last decade are either "E" or close to it. And no, the measurement should not change from years past, regardless of new technology.
WDI seem to know their Ds from their Es ;)

yellowrocket

Don't forget Mickey Mouse Revue!
aet891043THUMB.jpg

Disneyhead'71

When Walt called IASW an "E", it was one of the most technically advanced attractions on the planet. Same with The Enchanted Tiki Room.

And sorry @Katie G, but it appears to me that you are the one with the double standard. You talk up stuff at Disney like the 3rd track at TSMM and the 3rd Soarin' theater like they are actual attractions in and of themselves. Then you diss Kong.

And yet I bet Frozen Ever After filled your heart with glee.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
welp.. we are finally get another E next year...and at least one more in 2019...with some other new promising rides between that time. So by 2020, people will either be really excited about the new offerings...or really disappointed...we will see!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
When Walt called IASW an "E", it was one of the most technically advanced attractions on the planet. Same with The Enchanted Tiki Room.
And I suppose you don't think that 7DMT, with an all new patented ride system and latest generation AAs qualifies? I will agree that it is a short ride, and definitely should've been longer, but you have to understand the placement. It is in Fantasyland where you will find younger children. It is not a huge thrill ride, and was never meant to cater to that audience. If it was, they would not have put it there. JMHO, of course.

Professortango1

There will always be someone to blame. And I understand the responses since I've been reading them here for ages. Difference of opinion I guess.

Some of the new stuff at both places isn't appealing to me. I can't say I'm a fan of the new Kong ride - line theming was impeccable but the ride was just meh for me. So Happy HULK is back, probably one of my favorites next to Mummy. I don't watch the shows at Uni anymore and I get tired of all the screens. Can't get enough of the Harry Potter stuff though
All the closed spaces at Epcot make me sad, but I still enjoy the world showcase. The stuff still open at DHS is a blast, but I miss Osborne lights. I never get tired of MK or DAK.

Just seems rather dismissive of people to say that price increases are okay at Universal but not at Disney when both parks are building right now.

Both parks are building, but it isn't at the level as DHS/DAK.

This summer I went to WDW and experienced the insanity. Disney Springs was our first encounter, seeing a shopping center covered in walls. Then we went to MK to see the Liberty Belle dock torn up and Big Thunder behind walls. Not too bad. Then we moved on to Epcot. No walls other than around Journey, just reduced hours for attractions and many closed buildings. DAK had all the trails around the Tree of Life covered with walls and closed off, both Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest had closed exhibits walled off, major construction in the restaurant by the tree of life, and of course a closed Dinosaur and permanently broken Everest. DHS was the worst offender with dead ends by Muppets/Pixar, the removed Mr. Potato Head Animatronic, and so many walls. Muppets needs a revamp desperately, and the updated clips of Constantine are just confusing as they don't lead into anything.

Our time at Universal was much better as we didn't really see any walls except for the construction of Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious, both of which are off the main drag. The tech wasn't as clean, but the park was open and not filled with construction and the rides are somewhat superior in design. I wish Disney could build something like Popeye and Bluto's Barges or Ripsaw Falls but with Disney level animatronics. That being said, Universal really needs to remove/redesign their Seuss landing.

Professortango1

And I suppose you don't think that 7DMT, with an all new patented ride system and latest generation AAs qualifies? I will agree that it is a short ride, and definitely should've been longer, but you have to understand the placement. It is in Fantasyland where you will find younger children. It is not a huge thrill ride, and was never meant to cater to that audience. If it was, they would not have put it there. JMHO, of course.

I think the ride length and lack of audio keeps it at a D for me. It's cute and well done, but it doesn't knock it out of the park with a full experience. It's a kids coaster with a great darkride portion at the start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom