A Spirited Valentine ...

The_Jobu

Ive missed the Disney version of Gartners magic quadrant where can i find it?

Oh, nothing that well crafted.

But you can do wonders with MSpaint!

diz-chart-png.217455

Travel Junkie

First of all, I have been out of the country for longer than FoP has been open so I won't presume to assume what demos FoP is or isn't pleasing. Hell, I won't even comment on the fact that WDW is having a dreadful summer because if 30% off food deals for the next two months and lifting weeks of blackouts for lower tier APs doesn't show that (along with shorter than normal park hours at big dog MK) than nothing will, Cap.

But my comment, which I will discuss further in an upcoming thread is that Tron is very slow loading in a park where I saw one ECV in two full days -- and this was a person who needed it and wasn't morbidly obese and riding anyway -- and no double-wide strollers. Loading is complex and requires one individual crossing behind seating, which both American lawyers and dumb Guests will have difficulty with.

And let's not even talk about how lazy this is. This is akin to fanboi fantasies that Mystic Manor will be cloned and come to MK. Because in every real sense, Tron IS SDL's Space Mountain. So, WDW will have ancient Space Mountain next to Modern Space Mountain. It was a bad choice for this park unless Disney is planning on shutting down (or doing something major) with Space ... even then, it is dumb.

I was and still am shocked TRON is coming to WDW for the reasons you stated. I really enjoy it, but I can't help but wonder about all the headaches this will create when it comes online. Loading this ride will be a nightmare at MK.

Disneyhead'71

And they're still painting and finishing things at VB but hey it hits capacity everyday so let's give them a pass. Lol no.
It's worse than painting and landscaping, there are 2 major buildings that still don't have their roof caps yet.

@WDW1974 As someone who has watched new parks open since '71, I have never seen a cluster like what happened with VB. They were literally 2 months away from being ready for "prime time" when they flung the gates open. The Ops department and The Suits aren't getting along very well right now. Hmm, go figure.

Mike S

Because themed entertainment is an amazing, powerful and vibrant medium that deserves to be respected and appreciated, especially amongst its so-called fans.
And I agree wholeheartedly. I've just finally been beaten into submission. One side effect of that is that I'm actually happier now.

If they announced that all current plans for Epcot were cancelled, that GotG and Ratatouille were going to DHS instead, Frozen was getting torn out and moved to MK, and we were getting a modern EPCOT Center, I'd be first in line along with all of you. For now I've just given up. Except for Imagination. That could still work with what the park is becoming.

jt04

It is a smorgasbord of schadenfreude in here.

And it will only get better with each new thread.

Don't let me interrupt.

:happy:

PS- WDW is winning lest I be misunderstood.

PizzaPlanet

Oh, and anyone want to tell me how I was wrong about SW being much behind in FL? Or did I mishear my good pal Chappie say that it will first open in Anaheim and months later ... in Orlando (at least parts of it will)?
Most of us weren't doubting that DL's SWL would open first, it was pretty much common sense. But you were still wrong when you said WDW's would open more than year later, which was obviously not true:
He's also spending time in Glendale to get an overview of Disneyland's Star Wars Experience plans since that land opens first. No, WDW's version remains solidly 18-24 months minimally behind DL's version.

the.dreamfinder

Because themed entertainment is an amazing, powerful and vibrant medium that deserves to be respected and appreciated, especially amongst its so-called fans.
The current era of themed entertainment at Disney is analogous to 1970's/80's era of Disney animation where politics mattered more than process and talent, both young and old, was being shoved out the door.

Kman101

Watching Disney redo Epcot is like watching a football game and a guy gets the ball and runs the wrong way all the way down the field.

It may not be the right way, and the other team got 2 points, but everyone was laughing.

I don't like the placement of Guardians but they have to do something with Epcot. They've let it stagnate for a decade+.

No one can say they aren't spending in the swamps. It may not be what everyone wants but this is the direction they're going in.

And I get Uni wanting to open VB (which is still a very beautiful and well done water park) for the start of summer but why on earth did they rush it? And I still see a lot of whining from people about Tapu Tapu. Not saying it's bad or anything but why isn't it working out how they thought it would? (I'm asking because I'm just not as up on that system as I should be). But I know a lot of Uni fans don't see the same issues we do and think everything's great LOL. For all intents and purposes people are flocking to the park, as they should, it's a great park.

BrianLo

Welcome back (or at least soon to be welcomed back) @WDW1974!

Can't wait to hear the tidbits on DL's Marvel project, that's a head scratcher. Plus the general foreign parks chatter as always!

I do have to disagree in that Tron is going to play very, very well to the WDW crowd. That doesn't make it the best decision, but I don't doubt for a second that it's going to play as an E-ticket hit. Someone's FoP comparison is very apt in terms of appeal and loading concerns.

lazyboy97o

The current era of themed entertainment at Disney is analogous to 1970's/80's era of Disney animation where politics mattered more than process and talent, both young and old, was being shoved out the door.
The huge difference is that animation was ignored so that those who were passionate about the industry were able to focus on their art. Such is not the case with the biggest names in themed entertainment, where external leadership makes the calls and experience is a disqualification. That is a huge hurdle that will take many more years to overcome due to the physical nature of themed entertainment.

It is respected by most of us. We just don't hate everything on principle. But then we're lectured that we're "settling" or that we're not "real fans", which isn't fair.
It can't be both. Accepting that themed entertainment is not a respectable medium means not respecting it as a creative medium.

Kman101

The huge difference is that animation was ignored so that those who were passionate about the industry were able to focus on their art. Such is not the case with the biggest names in themed entertainment, where external leadership makes the calls and experience is a disqualification. That is a huge hurdle that will take many more years to overcome due to the physical nature of themed entertainment.

It can't be both. Accepting that themed entertainment is not a respectable medium means not respecting it as a creative medium.

Yes it can. Not everything is either/or. To each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom