A Spirited Valentine ...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It's not about believing the facts or not, it's about civility on the boards.... If you don't believe him you don't have to, but you don't have to attack...
I don't believe that to be an attack. I just want to make sure that new people to these forums understand that very little of what he posts has any basis in reality. People see his post count, and think that he must know what he is talking about, when the truth is, he doesn't.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I speculate based on what I observe, I have NEVER said or pretended to be an insider, I do bring up subjects that some would rather not discuss. Because things have never been better at WDW and Disney and it looks like the deteriorating financials at ESPN is one of them...

Earnings call is gonna be a scream... The spin machine is gonna need magnetic non contact bearings to handle the speed it needs to run at

the.dreamfinder

Weekend Review #1:
5e911bb3ba6aadf9f55cf39cfb4ac261.jpg

Foxxy of Passport to Dreams Old and New wrote an excellent addition to the "what is Disney?" conversation. Is "Disney" architecture and design just Mickey shaped everything or rather a feeling of reassurance and harmony? Particularly relevant given management's desire to shift the Disney parks to the UNI theme park multiplex model.

http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2017/04/making-it-disney.html

IMG_2806.JPG

While we're still in the design realm, Dezeen has posted a short essay on Michael Graves' Swan and Dolphin resorts for WDW to coincide with the AIA Conference being held in Orlando right now. A great piece to complement Foxxy's essay given Michael and his firm created spaces that have the warmth, friendliness and cohesion Disney is/was known for channeled through Graves' unique visual vocabulary.

https://www.dezeen.com/2017/04/28/m...s-architecture-orlando-florida-postmodernism/

IMG_2807.JPG

And finally, Mondo's new Disney show. Cyclops Print Works/Disney has teamed up with the folks at Mondo for a brand new exhibit of screen printed posters from the Silly Symphonies and Fantasia to Up, Big Hero 6 and Gravity Falls. Angie Han at Mashable has posted the most comphrensive gallery of the posters online. If you want to see the prints in person and pick some up for yourself, you can visit Mondo's Austin gallery through May 13th. Mondo will release its remaining poster stock online shortly thereafter; check the @mondonews twitter account for poster drops.

Some favs
IMG_2808.JPG

Bambi by Laurent Darieux
IMG_2809.PNG

IMG_2810.PNG

Alice in Wonderland (Double Sided) by Tom Whalen
IMG_2811.JPG

Mary Poppins by Marc Aspinall
IMG_2812.JPG

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Martin Ansin
IMG_2813.JPG

The Lion King by Matt Taylor

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

While share repurchases are not exactly desirable from our perspective, they are better than the cash sitting there. You have to look at it from a public company's perspective: they (management) are accountable to the chairman who's accountable to the board who are accountable to the shareholders. The management believes that they are returning the most value to the shareholders through dividends and share repurchases than only using their profits to invest in the company. If you over invest then things like DLP happen and you will never make any money even after amaturization. After so many dollars your ROI plunges and you're better off directly giving the money to the shareholders.

jakeman

It's not about believing the facts or not, it's about civility on the boards.... If you don't believe him you don't have to, but you don't have to attack...
See...it really should be about the facts and if pointing out that @ford91exploder only uses a small subset then willfully fabricates the rest to fill in his agenda isn't civil, I guess I'm not being civil.

I don't believe him because he's deliberately not honest in many of his post. If that's a personal attack so be it, but it's one supported by hundreds of his own post.

If I want to see falsities fabricated to fill in an agenda, I'll turn on the news. I don't need it here nor should the rest of the board tolerate it.

Nubs70

See...it really should be about the facts and if pointing out that @ford91exploder only uses a small subset then willfully fabricates the rest to fill in his agenda isn't civil, I guess I'm not being civil.

I don't believe him because he's deliberately not honest in many of his post. If that's a personal attack so be it, but it's one supported by hundreds of his own post.

If I want to see falsities fabricated to fill in an agenda, I'll turn on the news. I don't need it here nor should the rest of the board tolerate it.
Triggered?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ruh Roh. The guys who hacked Netflix and stole their shows and leaked them alone also has ABC shows as well and threatening to leak. WOnder how it will affect programming and distribution later on.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/orange-is-the-new-black-hacker-blackmail-netflix-1202079534/

Thats why you dont store important stuff in the 'cloud' because if you can access it so can someone else...

Wonder if it was a President Scroob situation ... i have that combination on my luggage....

Nj4mwc

Take a look at what Vince McMahon has done with the WWE network, this what what sports will go to eventually, They are still quite a few years away from dropping broadcast tv but that is the ultimate goal of the network. NFL , MLB , NHL all of them are watching carefully as subscriber count climbs, as Eagon so correctly predicted back in the 80's print is dead I'm calling it now ESPN is dead

Kman101

I think he's better for that than to be cast in the live action Dumbo. However, Will Smith hasn't really had a critical hit in years.

Personally, I'm still mourning Robin Williams and his impersonations. If they want someone to do all of the zany impersonations, I don't think Will Smith is the right choice. Someone who does stand up (with impersonations) would be the better choice. Dana Carvey, Jim Carrey, or Bill Hader would be much better options, IMO.

I think Carrey would be a better choice. I like Will Smith but I think he can be a bit too hammy at times in certain roles but that's just me. I don't know who I want or can see as the Genie ... I guess he could probably work, the role is a bit hammy, in a good way. Saw the Aladdin musical on Broadway in New York this week and it was amazing. So good. The Genie was fantastic.

Phil12

The millions of Stone Cold t shirts sold since 1996 and the 75 000 fans at this year Wrestlemania in Orlando would beg to differ.

WWE currently has a promo where someone will attend Volcano Bay Grand Opening with two WWE Superstars... so be careful how you call WWE fans.
Beg to differ? You've made my point!

jakeman

Still, he seems to have a huge beef with the spirited. Almost feels like he somehow is just a fly orbiting the spirited. Some sort of dumb obsession.
Did...did you just refer to yourself and others as a group named after '74?

As for my "beef" yeah I do have an issue with sophomoric name calling and repetitive falsities and opinion presented as fact. It's a shame more of you don't.

I like this forum and it's a great source of news and rumors but sometimes it's tough to wade through the juvenile detritus to get to the actual information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom