A Spirited Valentine ...

TalkingHead

I just got done lessening to the latest Disney Dish podcast today for WDW and they brought up how Rivers Of Light is doing with guests. I will let flyerjab's comment express the situation.

flyerjab said:
So I listened to @lentesta 's Disney Dish podcast today. On the show it was stated that the RoL show will run until the end of 2020, and that a new show with Disney characters (think live action Lion King) will debut in 2021 in time for the 50th. They reported that the show is doing poorly with preschool aged children, a key demographic for the company.

Not saying it isn't true, but someone should tell Disney that most of DAK doesn't appeal to preschool aged kids. If that's what they're going for, they should probably have ditched Avatar as the park's new premier area.

I don't know why they'd care that the nighttime show of all things doesn't appeal to the pre-K group.

brb1006

Maybe because it is boring for kiddies? They are used to a few minutes of "entertainment" followed by a break. This is 15 solid of images and music with no real direction as to what is happening. No wonder it polls poorly with the princesses, it was not designed for them.

Glad they cut it down from 22 - that would bring the kids to tears.
Or there attention spans are different.

brb1006

Not saying it isn't true, but someone should tell Disney that most of DAK doesn't appeal to preschool aged kids. If that's what they're going for, they should probably have ditched Avatar as the park's new premier area.

I don't know why they'd care that the nighttime show of all things doesn't appeal to the pre-K group.
That's what I was thinking when I first heard about this.

theRIOT

After running D-Troops.com for a short period, General Grizz dropped off all the Disney websites about 12 years ago. His passion for the theme parks consumed a great deal of his time and like so many others, his fuse burned out. It was probably good for his mental health. Also do you remember the guy that ran wdwblues.com? He suffered the same fate as his passion for parks (by posting photos of burned out light bulbs) overcame his common sense.

It happens to most of these "Save Disney" crusaders. Their arguments about the decline of Disney parks are specious but are misleadingly attractive to their audience. Rumors and facts are often massaged to stir the angry audience into action against the evil monsters that run the Disney empire.

Other crusaders that are unable to bridle their passion and are unable to write such eloquent prose as Spirit, end up being banned in short order from most Disney websites. They're unable to control their emotions. Heavy duty artistic passion eats away at these people and some fall victim quickly. Others take many years before they succumb.

But in the end, the crusaders run out of steam and just fade away. Spirit has already taken his first steps in that direction. But never fear. It's been my experience that there is always a new crusader to pick up the sword when Spirit drops his pitchfork and goes through anger management training.

I remember D-troops. I frequented there, although no where near as much as here.
I agree the passion burns so brightly in some that it snuffs itself out.
I've always been of the mind that I enjoy what Disney does and I care about how they keeps things going, but I'm not going to let that dominate my life.
Hopefully all the old-timers are happier now, wherever they may be.

Mike S

The show is kid friendly but I think kids just wants to see Disney characters in the show.
I think Disney thinks that kids only want to see their characters because as we all know no kids enjoyed themselves at the parks ever before character infusion became a bigger thing. Yup. For decades the only popular area at the resort was Fantasyland and no matter what they did nothing else garnered interest from kids.

HMF

I think Disney thinks that kids only want to see their characters because as we all know no kids enjoyed themselves at the parks ever before character infusion became a bigger thing. Yup. For decades the only popular area at the resort was Fantasyland and no matter what they did nothing else garnered interest from kids.
Never mind the fact that Snow White never actually appeared in her namesake rid originally.

brb1006

Looks at Illuminations which is loved by kids and adults.

brb1006

I still think the "Disney Princess" branding was one of the worst marketing moves Disney ever made.
Thanks to that, I'm having a hard time admitting that I loved classic films like Snow White or The Little Mermaid in public it feels more embarassing compared to how the Disney princess were treated pre-Disney Princess era where guys were proud of admitting this.

Mike S

Looks at Illuminations which is loved by kids and adults.
superthumb.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom