A Spirited Valentine ...

the.dreamfinder

I guess my sarcasm wasn't dripping enough. Of course, it was a truthful article. All the people trying to claim that writers will only write positive reviews if either ordered to by their boss, because Disney PAYS them to do it, or because they are so scared of never getting invited back that they make stuff up are total loonie. They cannot possibly fathom that the ride is much better than what was there before, so they have to resort to stating fallacies to keep their naysayer narrative going.
This isn't just a Disney issue. There is a certain class of writers who will toe the PR line, in their own words, in exchange for free trips. For example, Robert Niles was flown to Dubai last fall to cover the opening of Dubai Parks and Resorts (Legoland Dubai, Motiongate Dubai, and Bollywood Parks Dubai); the rare middle eastern theme park complex that actually opens to the public. His coverage is nothing less than effusive. How would his writing on these parks differ if he hadn't gotten in for free?

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201612/5382/
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201612/5381/

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This isn't just a Disney issue. There is a certain class of writers who will toe the PR line, in their own words, in exchange for free trips. For example, Robert Niles was flown to Dubai last fall to cover the opening of the Dubai Parks and Resorts (Legoland Dubai, Motiongate Dubai, and Bollywood Parks Dubai); the rare middle eastern theme park complex that actually opens to the public. His coverage is nothing less than effusive. How would his writing on these parks differ if he hadn't gotten in for free?

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201612/5382/
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201612/5381/
Well, I don't see "effusive" at all. Yes, he is positive about it, but also says it needs more. So I guess you're saying the new GOTB:MB ride sucks and all the positive reviews are just media lies??

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
He didn't mention his opinion of the ride, or others, just that you have to consider who is writing the news as much as what they are saying.
So now I have to decide which writers and news organizations are simply making something up, and which ones are unbiased???? So who gets to decide that? How do you decide that? Or do we just always assume that Disney throws around a bunch of money and threats to anyone who dares write something negative?? Do you really think that?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So now I have to decide which writers and news organizations are simply making something up, and which ones are unbiased???? So who gets to decide that? How do you decide that? Or do we just always assume that Disney throws around a bunch of money and threats to anyone who dares write something negative?? Do you really think that?

Disney does not need to threaten anyone just cutting them off from future press events is a large enough stick in most cases

Yes its an implicit threat not an explicit one but powerful nonetheless

GiveMeTheMusic

just seen this on tumblr.
Looks like the AA is a mixture of the Olaf's AA with the Shaman Face tech. lots of face expressions plus the "free" movement of rocket in the corners and sides. Very good!

Also its my imagination or there are multiple AA's of rockets doing the same (for each queue?)?
In some videos he seems to hold the "thing" with his right paw, and in others with his left. In some starts from the left side and others starts his animation to the right.

There are two pre-show rooms, each with its own Rocket AA.

Rteetz

This photo.... :hilarious:

IMG_5242.JPG

RoysCabin

Yeesh, folks, are we really going to play the "you can't trust anybody in news media" game? That's a deep, dark, paranoid road to get lost in. Consider the source, of course, but this is a surefire way to get into the "ignore anybody who says something I don't like" mindset.

I'm sure the ride is fun. The music, the lights, the characters, I'm sure it's a good time. I also think it's entirely fair to point out all the pre-existing critiques of the entire idea and Disneys current IP over-reliance. Things can have multiple aspects to them.

VJ

Btw Pirates 5 was a mess. I even saw it in IMAX. It started to lose me at the chase sequence in the beginning.
Oh, and don't ask me how they're going to explain this away but the after credits scene suggests Davy Jones is back.
Not seeing the movie until tomorrow. Shouldn't have clicked the spoiler. I regret it much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom