A Spirited Valentine ...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Do you have a source for ANY of this?

I'll even take a insider from this forum.

EDIT: And not just "there were layoffs last year". A statement that it was "team leads" that were let go.
You know he doesn't,except for some article on google from a year or more ago that had scant real information in it.

the.dreamfinder

Exactly. A lot of people don't think of this. Some people are very limited in what they can do at Universal. Thankfully I can stand screens so it's not a problem for me but many have motion sickness. It's very very limited. WDW has a slew of things for everyone.
And you have to wonder where their minds are when the United States, Japan, China and Europe have considerable, and growing, 65+ populations.

And at least for my family, my grandmother paid for most of my childhood trips, so think about who butters your bread Disney.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I have had very different experiences. Over the last three or four years, I've consistently found the Uni cms to be more knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive then their WDW counterparts. It's been quite a noticeable shift.

To some extent its not the cms fault at WDW. The parks, and MK in particular, are so overcrowded and understaffed that the cms are harried and unable to provide the level of service Disney should offer.

Still, the quality of service at Uni is one of the reasons I spend more and more time there and less at WDW - they seem to offer a level of service closer to what WDW offered about 20 years ago.

And again, this is strictly opinion, of course.
Perhaps it depends on the seasons?
I went on early January, right after new years.
And I found the TMs at Uni a bit.. cold.
The parade route officials for example.. noone was smiling or interacting. In Disney most of them are smiling and waving.

It is also my understanding (and this is hearsay, so anyone who knows more can correct me if I am nuts) that cms feel they are treated more generously by Uni than by Disney.

I had a friend who worked at Epcot and in his first months he felt like lower management treats a lot of them like expendable and easily replaceable workers. So I wouldn't be surprised if what your friend says is true.

Cesar R M

In his defense, no one knows the exact distribution of said 1,000 new CMs. Did they go to Hotel and Resorts, Disney Springs, where? All members hired are CMs so it could very much fit in what he is saying regarding the park ops. How many part time? How many actual full time?
Also, what if these 1,000 are replacing holes left by Collegue Plan workers? or just replacing some workers who just left/retired ?

Perhaps those 1000 are just for the new positions in Pandora?

I can deal with the price increases, the IP changes, the paid extras, but my big gripe is the continued use of predictive staffing that makes even slow days more crowded than they need to be.
You forgot the bathroom custodial staff system that lets the bathrooms be ultra dirty instead of constant roaming/reviewing.

They could also install those devices used in some airports (like the houston one, where all bathrooms have a screen with a smile or a sad face to show the quality of said bathrooms)

I don't buy there aren't enough CMs. I see many standing together often (they were tripping over each other in Pandora). There are tons of Disney cast members. I did notice better bathroom attendants at Universal.

Are you really comparing a normal disney day park against Pandora, which is one of the "legacy" keypoints of Iger? a huge giant land that is about to open? Of course its going to be filled with CMs because they will expect a huge influx!

Exactly. A lot of people don't think of this. Some people are very limited in what they can do at Universal. Thankfully I can stand screens so it's not a problem for me but many have motion sickness. It's very very limited. WDW has a slew of things for everyone.

THIS!
This is something that baffled me. There are rides for teens who likes very strong stuff, theres for very young kids, and theres some stuff for adults. But there isnt something for a wide audience. There arent that many dark rides, and most of them are pretty violent movement wise (Spiderman, Transformers, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey..The Mummy, etc..)
My mother was annoyed that there weren't that much stuff she could ride without having alarms of getting her back hurt everywhere.

She loved E.T. thou...

We already have a bunch of parks in town that have rides that don't move for the infirmed octogenarians and infants. Let Universal build actual rides.

Are you claiming that attractions such as the little mermaid, nemo, peter pan and many more are not "real actual rides" ?

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He'd be more qualified

But then he'd have to work instead of mining WDWMagic forums for his 'Breaking News' content. Never happen. :D

I have to agree, there aren't many "family-inclusive" rides at Uni, although I admit I haven't been to USF in many years, only IOA recently, so perhaps they've added a few there. But that was why Walt built Disneyland, a place where families can do things together instead of the kids going on rides and the parents (and grandparents) sitting on a bench watching them. It's proven to be quite successful, so why Uni hasn't made sure to have at least a couple of family-friendly rides in both parks is a mystery.

Quinnmac000

Volcano bay press day is today and here is a quick glimpse of some of the stuff shown today...for more info please visit the Volcano bay thread.

DAmWP4nXoAAqhd7.jpg:large

DAmWjs3XYAI9qEy.jpg

DAmYrZWWAAIUqBt.jpg

DAmcMaJWAAIfgz6.jpg

DAmkpRvXgAAfs14.jpg

Last edited:

BubbaQuest

Wow. So wrong it's not even funny, lol.
http://nasdaq.com/article/why-disney-should-buy-nintendo-cm793272

Disney would not be able to use them in any parks because they would have to honor the contract with Universal and unlike Marvel the Nintendo rights are worldwide.

This makes no sense. Disney has burned through how many video game divisions in the past 10 years with no success? The only thing Disney and Nintendo have in common is they both still do not understand how the internet works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom