A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

We got the 3, some people got drifts well over 5.

I have a distinct crack in my living room wall where the plaster cracked from the weight on the roof.

The line of snow was incredible, it looked like the wall from GOT.

I remember seeing an aerial shot of it. It was totally like that.

PhotoDave219

As someone who lives in a touristic town. I agree.
The annoyances multiply when its get on peak seasons (due of rude, drunk and dirty visitors who trash the place with no consideration)

You just described Epcot's Food and Wine Festival.

I think we wouldnt have anywhere near the alcohol problem if they blocked out maingates at Epcot. I cannot believe how many UCF students are there on the weekends.

Cesar R M

Nemo is great.... if you are under 10.
The imagination pavilion is a thematic mess (I hope Inside Out finds a way to resurrect is... yes, I might be willing to sacrifice Figment if they make the pavilion great again).
The Land is a solid pavilion, could use a little plusing.
UoE needs a modernizaton, but can still be great if given some love.
"Tron Track" is solid.
Mission: Space is solid.
SSE is solid... until the end.
The World Showcase is fun to walk, nothing really to complain about there other than it would be nice is they added a few things to the existing pavilions (and not change Norway).

Give EPCOT Center $500m and I think it's near the top of US Disney Parks.
The Land actually would use a LOT OF FIXING.
if only the "The Land" had the same push that Soarin' had.. even with Soarin' popularity.. I still read about how dirty the screens are.

PhotoDave219

On the way home... Cocktails in the pool tonight... I need a drink. Actually my cousin was jumping into groups and chanting along. Then she had us doing our own chant.. "Cuginas! Cuginas! Cuginas! Yay hey yay."

I cannot believe I did that. When in Disney hell...

Some girls from a group were clapping for us. Spent $$$ on something each for our girls, my Mom whose watching them and my friend (and her two kids) whose watching our dog.

Husband is away at military duty all weekend - he's got some hot sauce and custom steak blend from the Culinary Store.

If you've ever learned anything from myself and @71jason, it should be that DTD/DS should be avoided on the weekends.

bhg469

I remember seeing an aerial shot of it. It was totally like that.
20141118_163430.jpg

that was the start of it from the ground. 2 blocks away and it was chaos.

bhg469

I agree. Hurricanes are much better than snow.

Snow I don't mind. It's the lake effect madness that I've grown up with that drives me crazy. We occasionally have bad storms, and rarely even a tornado will blow through but a blizzard that no one really expects, it's just unreal, and we are tough to crack. We aren't NYC or Boston that just has no way to deal with it either.

It sounds terrible but every bad hurricane I've ever heard of had lots of warning . Our last two major storms left every metrologist scratching their heads.

PhotoDave219

Snow I don't mind. It's the lake effect madness that I've grown up with that drives me crazy. We occasionally have bad storms, and rarely even a tornado will blow through but a blizzard that no one really expects, it's just unreal, and we are tough to crack. We aren't NYC or Boston that just has no way to deal with it either.

It sounds terrible but every bad hurricane I've ever heard of had lots of warning . Our last two major storms left every metrologist scratching their heads.

My first Hurricane season in Florida was 04. Learned a lot about them and then the NHC and how they are predicted. You've got about two days warning to flee, generally. Rare do they make fast, sudden turns like Charlie did.

The problem with Orlando & Disney is you've got nowhere to go. Cant go south. Cant go east or west (towards the water) and everyone else is heading north.

Mike S

So, Ant-Man. Pretty cool (and funny) movie. Doesn't touch Guardians though but I didn't really expect it to. It does a great job of bringing up one of the lesser known Marvel heroes but it does make me wish I'd seen Winter Soldier before seeing this. You'll know why if/when you guys see it.
The part in the subatomic universe was awesome and can I just say I would love my own giant Ant pet? Lol.

RSoxNo1

I've never gone to a D23 Expo. I think I'd disguise myself if I ever did because I wouldn't want to be seen! ... But I think the way they handle the crowds for these things are assinine. I think they should do lotteries for all major panels and events, so there's no one sleeping outside or standing in lines 21 hours ahead of time etc. That's just insane and it discourages people who are fans, but not the crazy Comic Con/Ricky Brigante without press lanyard types, to stay away.

I'm shocked that they've gone to a system like this long ago in TDR for shows, but not for something like this.
The did a fantastic job handling crowds for the 2013 Expo. I had absolutely no issues and the only thing I had to wait a long time for was the live action movies presentation. Even that, it was only an hour or two and I probably didn't need to wait that long.

ItlngrlBella

Sounds like a fun time. Curious, how does Disney Springs look so far? Is there any street performers or entertainment going on?

Lots of walls and "coming soon" posters. A cover singer and later a guy leading a bunch of Brazilians in line-dancing Zumba routine thing, and we saw an electrified string trio. SUPER CONGESTED and bottlenecks by Paradisio, Raglan Road and T Rex.tried looking at Morimoto but can't see much above the fence.

If you've ever learned anything from myself and @71jason, it should be that DTD/DS should be avoided on the weekends.

Yes but I have a die hard cousin who goes to DL every year and never has been here - plus she's a shopaholic and we're only here Fri-Mon. It's a cluster...

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Lots of walls and "coming soon" posters. A cover singer and later a guy leading a bunch of Brazilians in line-dancing Zumba routine thing, and we saw an electrified string trio. SUPER CONGESTED and bottlenecks by Paradisio, Raglan Road and T Rex.tried looking at Moromoto but can't see much above the fence.

Yes but I have a die hard cousin who goes to DL every year and never has been here - plus she's a shopaholic and we're only here Fri-Mon. It's a cluster...

You need an adult beverage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom