A Spirited Perfect Ten

brb1006

I like the look of Mickey Ave more than I expected. ... Of course, it will have more trees and shade than a 45-year-old park in Central Fla ...
Seeing Mickey Ave is reminding me so much of ToonTown Online mixed with the setting of Disney Magical World for the 3DS.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Contrary to what pessimists are leaning towards, there is more than enough upcoming Domestic news to fill the D23 P&R presentation this year. I imagine it will be very focused on DLR/WDW, almost exclusively.

Granted, there have been odder occurrences (like Avatar in Tokyo), but Tokyo should be relegated to their own D23 this year.

With Disney and announcing things, you just never know.

Much like how this event has put a lot of info out, but not the most important things (opening day for park, hotels, Disney Town, pricing and ticketing structure etc.)

D23 could showcase everything from what you are seeing in Shanghai to the DL Innoventions 'attraction' to future WDW projects (and they could be everything from simply DVCs or Rivers of Light to Pandora to Frozen to things not even announced yet like Studios rebranding) to TDR to Iron Man at HKDL etc etc etc.

My guess is that it has already changed many, many times and will change in the next few weeks more ... they want to make a big splash with so many things that they just hold back so much.

PhotoDave219

Are you now on the record taking the position that Bob Iger was photographed in front of the Shanghai castle specifically because you've pointed out that he hadn't been previously?

Serious question. Why don't you disclose who you are IRL? It sounds like the power structure at Disney knows who you are anyways, so what's the benefit of anonymity in this community? It might give some of your skeptics less reason to doubt you.

I guess it's time to come clean… The award-winning photo journalist is just a cover… I really Am Sterling archer. I really am the world's greatest secret agent.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm interested in seeing what our insiders think about the total ride count at SDL? It seems very light for a Park of this size. Given that it is in China, I would have expected more. I am sure the Chinese are aware of what TDL has. We also know that Hong Kong was ride light when it opened and that gave it many negative reviews. From what I see, if Park visitors are going for rides, they will find the Park to be a half day experience. While it will be beautiful, this does not give itself to repeat visits.

I've been to every Disney Park in the world. I find that the only Disneyland/MK style Park that is truly worth it is Disneyland in Anaheim. They have truly maximized the use of their small space.

I don't know what an 'insider' is ... but I'll answer your question. I think the park while better than what HKDL opened with by far still should have had at least another two major and one mid level attractions.

And while I love DL, I disagree with your last comment. Tokyo is one of the finest parks on the globe. And DLP, when maintained, is right up there. Even HKDL now is certainly ''worth it'' ... the only MK park I don't think is worth it is the one here in the swamps. It was in the 70s, 80s and 90s ... but not now.

Last edited:

Mike S

Are you now on the record taking the position that Bob Iger was photographed in front of the Shanghai castle specifically because you've pointed out that he hadn't been previously?

Serious question. Why don't you disclose who you are IRL? It sounds like the power structure at Disney knows who you are anyways, so what's the benefit of anonymity in this community? It might give some of your skeptics less reason to doubt you.
Please allow me to introduce myself,
I'm a man of wealth and taste.
I've been around for a long, long year stole many a man's soul and faith.

Lee

Adventurer
So, you're saying Spirit is the devil...? ;)
He certainly is not!

As I've said before, he's more like...
image.jpg

WDWdream97

Is SDL's "train station" supposed to look like the Hyperion Bridge in DCA was merged with the traditional DL train station?

Last edited:

parker4fm

I don't know what an 'insider' is ... but I'll answer your question. I think the park while better than what HKDL opened with by far still should have had at least another two major and one mid level attraction.

And while I love DL, I disagree with your last comment. Tokyo is one of the finest parks on the globe. And DLP, when maintained, is right up there. Even HKDL now is certainly ''worth it'' ... the only MK park I don't think is worth it is the one here in the swamps. It was in the 70s, 80s and 90s ... but not now.

My apologies for not clarifying. On a ride to land usage basis, Disneyland excels. Note, i'm speaking strictly of rides and not attractions. I personally enjoy all that is offered, but there will be those that focus on just rides. Thanks for your response!

BrianLo

If SDL does end up getting a clone of Everest, where would that be in the park?

The little bit of art I have shows it north of the Pirate area...I think.

That placement makes sense, it would have been a headline for whatever new land they introduced between Treasure Cove and Fantasyland. The only place they could conceivably shoehorn it in otherwise is between the Adventure Isle and Treasure Cove Stunt Shows.

I would be shocked if Everest appeared in SDL. I have no doubt it was a reasonable idea in 2008, when WDI had very small handful of attractions that were actually recently successful to pick from.

The last minute additions of Marvel/Star Wars 'experiences' and the re-shuffling of WDI are pretty good indications of what will be coming to SDL next, in my estimation at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom