A Spirited Perfect Ten

Garfield

It's full of something alright.............

Let me help with that...
plunger_story.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's better than TS land...but I meant that's where some of the money went. Or who knows maybe all of if, they do like elaborate mngs

I can guarantee that swapping out TSL with two attractions AND a QSR for two basic warehouse type buildings to showcase Marvel and Star Wars saved money for Disney.

There is still $800 million unaccounted for. ... But don't tell Ben Fritz or Brooks Barnes that or they might not get to go to The Force Awakens world premiere.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Two things:
  1. Was this release of info on SDL expected? Does it inform any expectations for what will be presented at D23 next month?
  2. I see that Disney got their way with Anaheim and had their tax break extended. Guess that $1 billion plus in park development (from Disney) starting in 2017 is on the way... (Hmmm... not that it ever wasn't really going to be.) Discuss among yourselves. ;-)

1.) Yes. The event was planned pre-2/15. The exact info to be released was not decided on back then, however. ... Not really. I'd like to see some of this up close at D23 (not that I'd ever go anywhere near that den of crazies!), but who knows?

2.) It was a given on the tax break, even if the mayor has opposed it. It also will be 45 years because Disney will spend $1.5 billion. Oh, and it would have happened either way. ... Say goodnight, Toontown! The Force be moving in.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Based on one of those images are the really gonna do a themed "ropes" course. Ugh. I am surprised more people aren't talking about Pirates, even though they seemed to have released the least amount of renderings for. I have been told if they are able to pull off what they have designed for that ride it is going to blow people away.

Yep. Pirates could be truly spectacular. We won't know that until next spring, though. Fingers crossed.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, just to follow up on something talked about this afternoon, but I truly feel this park has plenty. It's just a bit short for opening day. They needed to build a Small World in Fantasyland for its message and its ability to devour crowds. They needed another major E-Ticket in Tomorrowland of some kind. And one smaller scale attraction (preferably not of the spinner variety).

I can't talk about any future additions because the only major thing I know of that was proposed was a version of EE.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yeah, if both Iger and Staggs are supposed to be "fitness buffs" as the Disney press talking points would have you believe, then it appears that Staggs has legitimately been hitting the weights for some time while Bob seems to enjoy... uh, a slow stroll on a treadmill.

I don't know whether it was hitting the weights or using some sort of supplement or steroid regimen, BUT Tom Staggs has bulked way up. I've been told his being referred to as ''an oddly waifish man of anemic personality'' by a Redstone in a HuffPo Op-Ed on who will replace Bob Iger really got under his skin.

It's amazing how thin-skinned these bigshot execs are, isn't it?

StageFrenzy

I don't know whether it was hitting the weights or using some sort of supplement or steroid regimen, BUT Tom Staggs has bulked way up. I've been told his being referred to as ''an oddly waifish man of anemic personality'' by a Redstone in a HuffPo Op-Ed on who will replace Bob Iger really got under his skin.

It's amazing how thin-skinned these bigshot execs are, isn't it?
He's working on putting some muscle under that skin and eating steak for the anemia.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Are you now on the record taking the position that Bob Iger was photographed in front of the Shanghai castle specifically because you've pointed out that he hadn't been previously?

Serious question. Why don't you disclose who you are IRL? It sounds like the power structure at Disney knows who you are anyways, so what's the benefit of anonymity in this community? It might give some of your skeptics less reason to doubt you.

No.

And not on your life. The people who need to know who I am, do. It makes no difference on an online forum. There are people here who want to argue the world being round. Nothing is going to change their mind. People want to be skeptical? That's fine. They can revel in it. Doesn't change a damn thing.

WDW1974

Original Poster
WDW1974-

Do you know any plans of HKDL expansions? Will Shanghai Disneyland affect there attendance? I remember couple of months ago you said that hkdl will get toy story mania is that still the plans? THANKS!

Yes. There have been plans. I don't know if they are being reevaluated with Bob Weis taking over creative control.

I doubt it. China is vast. While about half HKDL's current visitors come from the mainland, it's important to note most of those come from nearby Guangdong province. It's akin to having a catchment zone at WDW along the I-4 corridor from Tampa to Daytona ... only add a few hundred million people.

Shanghai is about 750 miles from Hong Kong. Totally different market.

They have an expansion pad ready for it, but again see my first reply ... not sure if it is on hold or being replaced.

Captain Neo

They are indeed - their version has been redesigned around the ride system developed for the still-yet-unbuilt Monster Inc. Door Coaster.

b7_11.jpg

Where can I find more information about their peter pan ride? Was their a press release with official descriptions of the individual rides? All I saw was the breakdown from Disney Parks Blog

WDW1974

Original Poster
Here's a portion of the SHDR presentation. Bob Iger's speech is particularly interesting with its carefully chosen wording.
http://news.qq.com/zt2015/shdr/mobile.htm

Also @WDW1974, what do you think of Darth Iger telling Woodruff working with the Chinese was "complicated"?

I think Bob Iger was actually being honest. Complicated is a very complicated term that can cover many degrees of difficulty and pain. ... But the work is just getting started. And since no Disney park has closed yet (and I wouldn't expect that here), it's a relationship that is going to go on for decades (unless the world ends first, which is certainly possible!)

Captain Neo

Looks like the Tron E-Ticket is coming to the state parks:
With the world premiere of TRON Lightcycle Power Run, guests will board two-wheeled Lightcycles for one of the most thrilling adventures at any Disney park. It’s a coaster-style attraction with high-speeds, an indoor-outdoor track and rich storytelling.

We already know Soarin' over the Horizon is coming to DCA and Epcot Center so it seems that China won't have any exclusivity rules like Japan does with their attractions. It specifically says it a second time at the bottom of the page as well:

• First TRON Lightcyle Power Run attraction and innovative canopy: TRON Lightcycle Power Run makes its global premiere at Shanghai Disneyland. For the first time at a Disney park, guests will board Lightcycles, two-wheeled vehicles that take them inside and out on a coaster-like attraction with high speeds and rich storytelling. The attraction’s canopy is made of a lightweight, reflective material with special color-shifting edges, enhancing the guest experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom