A Spirited Perfect Ten

71jason

We are very discriminating to which rumors and others that we deem credible.

We are generally skeptical toward anything that cannot be confirmed by the insiders on here.

That attitude has served this site well and it's not personal. We just have very high standards for our information.

Not everyone gets that.

There's always the armchair imagineering forum.

But seriously, the idea a random poster on MiceAge in 2015 will break a massive story before anyone on these forums catches wind of it is laughable.

mahnamahna101

hopefully the rumored 300 mil for MK will also have something for a parade.
Am I the only one who would rather see Space Mountain/Big Thunder overhauled, the Hatbox Ghost brought to MK, Peter Pan's capacity/effects fixed, and enhancements for CoP/Speedway over a new parade/fireworks show?

Give the parade/fireworks a separate 50th budget, and allow the $350 million to be used on fixing up some of the current attractions.

mahnamahna101

There better be a new ride in all 4 major lands at MK for the 50th to do it justice! It deserves that...
That would mean a $1.5-1.75 billion budget for MK :p

And if JttCotE, Western River Expedition, a B&TB trackless dark ride, and a Tomorrowland E-ticket were all added in the same 1 to 2 year period... oh boy :confused: 2.5-3.5 million increase in attendance over a 2 year period. 4 E-tickets at once would be insane. Especially since MK hasn't gotten one since 1992.

the.dreamfinder

So "Inside Out" got a sweet M&G area... in Hong Kong.
Photo Credit: Disney PR via Orlando Theme Park News
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

PhotoDave219

Am I the only one who would rather see Space Mountain/Big Thunder overhauled, the Hatbox Ghost brought to MK, Peter Pan's capacity/effects fixed, and enhancements for CoP/Speedway over a new parade/fireworks show?

Give the parade/fireworks a separate 50th budget, and allow the $350 million to be used on fixing up some of the current attractions.

Yeah. We desperately need a new night parade.

WDWLover#1

So predictions coming in that the Minions are going to be the highest opening animated movie of all time based on the record breaking Thursday night. With that however, it does not have the critical acclaim of Inside Out which leads itself to a question for Disney. Would you rather have award winning films or the top animated film at the box office? And is Illuminations going to be Pixar's new competition

http://deadline.com/2015/07/minions-nab-6-2m-in-thursday-previews-box-office-1201472687/
I don't think illuminations is a big competition apart from the minion characters. Reviews say minions lack heart and the ability to enjoy the film as a family. Pixar and Disney animation has this in abundance.

Quinnmac000

Seems like they were a one hit wonder* with the first Despicable Me. A real shame.

*In terms of coming close to the quality of Disney or Pixar.
Seems like they were a one hit wonder* with the first Despicable Me. A real shame.

In their defense besides short films, they only have done one other full animated film which was the Lorax outside of Despicable Me. But then again, their Suess films series that are suppose to come out may very much be the oomf they need.

PhotoDave219

I don't think illuminations is a big competition apart from the minion characters. Reviews say minions lack heart and the ability to enjoy the film as a family. Pixar and Disney animation has this in abundance.

I'd agree with that. It didn't have any heart, it was just stupid Funny.

A few gags here and there.... Good preview for "the secret life of pets" for next year.

mahnamahna101

Yeah. We desperately need a new night parade.
I understand, but couldn't the 50th get its own budget later on that's separate from MK's $300-350 million? I don't want it all to go on a parade, fireworks and one or possibly two ride overhauls.

I'm just one of those people who completely skips parades/fireworks. Give me rides/attractions anyday. But I do agree that 40+ yrs is too long for a single parade. And 10+ years too long for a fireworks show.

PhotoDave219

I understand, but couldn't the 50th get its own budget later on that's separate from MK's $300-350 million? I don't want it all to go on a parade, fireworks and one or possibly two ride overhauls.

I'm just one of those people who completely skips parades/fireworks. Give me rides/attractions anyday. But I do agree that 40+ yrs is too long for a single parade. And 10+ years too long for a fireworks show.

You skip the fireworks?!? Infidel! Blasphemy! Unbeliever! Shun the unbeliever!

Quinnmac000

How much did Inside Out do opening weekend? $90.4m?

I would say Minions, projected for a $117m opening weekend, is not so bad.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/

That would put it as the second highest opening film for an animated film behind Shrek 2 and above Toy Story. But thats the conservative estimate...this morning it was at 114 now its at 121 which Universal is probably projecting conservative numbers like they did for JW. However, Minions is taking out a huge chunk of IO audience pushing it down to #3 in projections and JW back to #2 giving Universal possibly the #1 and #2 film of the weekend. h

Plus its doing kick butt overseas setting records. It beat out IO in Australia for the past 3 weeks where they both came out on the same day.

Disney luckily has a few more chances to overtake Universal in the film division with Star Wars and The Good Dinosaur but this should have easily been Disney's year in films. (I don't think Ant-man will do that well as its getting way too many mixed reviews from critics and non critics alike and I think Trainwreck will be a sleeper hit that comes out the same weekend plus IO and Minions will continue to pull families away from Ant-man).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom