A Spirited Perfect Ten

lazyboy97o

...or a live boy.
No, those sorts of comments are only "jokes."

It would literally take an hour to find the link that came from an English-language Chinese newspaper wherein a Chinese official That is somehow connected to the project was indeed arrested for taking bribes.

It is not clear whether those bribes are connected at all to the Shanghai/Disney project. I personally don't think the charges he was arrested on connect to Disney at all, something completely different if I recall.

But it's just weird.
You know how people in Disney like to attach themselves to projects to try and look good? It happens in all bureaucracies.

AEfx

It would literally take an hour to find the link that came from an English-language Chinese newspaper wherein a Chinese official That is somehow connected to the project was indeed arrested for taking bribes.

It is not clear whether those bribes are connected at all to the Shanghai/Disney project. I personally don't think the charges he was arrested on connect to Disney at all, something completely different if I recall.

But it's just weird.

I guess my joke fell flat - wasn't doubting in the absolute least - since it's so widespread in China, my joke was supposed to be the only thing that is surprising is that someone actually got arrested for it, since it seems so commonplace.

That's the easiest thing to believe out of all of this, LOL.

Milk Crate

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

This thread is dangerously close to jumping the shark.

We get it. You're skeptical. That was clear after the first post, much less the 50th one.

I'd say if that's your criteria, the shark has long been jumped.

We get it, you're skeptical. We get it, you're not.

I don't think the questions posed by AeFX are outrageous. You either believe without the answers or you don't. That's it. Clearly OP is not offering more beyond what he's already stated. It's a stalemate. Neither side is right because no one has proof, burden of proof aside.

And there likely will never be proof either way. So who can possibly argue? So how 'bout them crazy sports teams sportsing?

PhotoDave219

I'd say if that's your criteria, the shark has long been jumped.

We get it, you're skeptical. We get it, you're not.

I don't think the questions posed by AeFX are outrageous. You either believe without the answers or you don't. That's it. Clearly OP is not offering more beyond what he's already stated. It's a stalemate. Neither side is right because no one has proof, burden of proof aside.

And there likely will never be proof either way. So who can possibly argue? So how 'bout them crazy sports teams sportsing?

Jumped the left shark. Baby, you're a firework.....

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Disney didn't even touch the "escape from tomorrow" crowd. They won't pay any attention (publically) to what is said on a message board. Behind the scenes? That's a different matter.

I gotta say, Zenia is a hell of a PR person. Knows how to play the game. Excels at it.

Inside joke only Dave and I know: You have no idea... LoL...

*1023*

hopemax

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

This thread is dangerously close to jumping the shark.

We get it. You're skeptical. That was clear after the first post, much less the 50th one.

This post was shorter to click on than the one by lwerks, but exactly. After doing this online stuff for as long as I have every time information gets dangerously close to "really interesting" the flies come out of the woodwork to steer the conversation to "personalities" and unfortunately the egos usually associated with either getting/OR APPRECIATING!!! the "good stuff" can't seem to let the flies simply buzz around. They have to engage, and the next thing you know it's a disaster of a thread. And the juicier the topic, the bigger the flies, and the more of them. Spirit doesn't need defending; he's a big boy he can do it himself. Others can add info or confirm via their separate sources or add their personal experience because that's useful to everyone. But yeah, once your on the umpteenth time saying the same thing...it's no longer about the thing, it's about you. And even if you think your point is legitimate, it gets weakened and lost in the *rolls eyes* "there he goes again" *rolls eyes*. Effective persuasion is not a strong skill set here...unless persuasion is not the goal. Derailment is happening quite successfully, so maybe that's the goal?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom