A Spirited Perfect Ten

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
o_O

Catching up since earlier today. For what it's worth, I read this particular thread on this particular message board because I love theme parks. I love reading the news. I own Disney stock (about 7% of my portfolio at this point). I enjoy the analyses that happen here from certain members regarding park attendance and company performance. I enjoy the speculation, spoilers and generally intelligent discourse of those that post regularly to this forum.

This is @WDW1974 's thread. I follow because of his track record and the other insightful information provided by other members.

Sure, I can put people on ignore. I skim a lot of the nonsense. However, today's discussion has just gotten way too contentious for my tastes.

As other members have stated, I have used my own knowledge of current financial media, financial news, track records of the OP and others on this board, and formulated my opinion based upon what I know. I may reach my conclusions in error, but they are my conclusions.

I choose to believe that @WDW1974 is onto something that should not be dismissed but discussed. I believe the WSJ breaking the story of the new Frozen ride as opposed to the Disney Blog to be suspect, but am not completely sure as to why. Perhaps the stock market prices dropping a little or there was an "exclusive deal" offered. I don't know. My very logical CPA brain says "deal".

I also choose not to "engage".

I will continue to read with interest. Skim what I choose to skim. Read what I choose to read. "Like" what I like. Quote what I feel deserves to be quoted and follow this thread because I enjoy the discourse.

Thanks all for your choice to "engage".

Read my posts today... I left the tense in the past...

*1023*

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This seems apropos today

DickFromInternet.jpg

Bairstow

I'd love if we could. That's really the whole point. It's not up for discussion though, it's "you blindly accept" or you "hate". "Discussion" is not allowed, only agreement. He set the rules, laid them out quite clearly. It's unfortunate, I'll give you that.

Yeah, the instant vitriol against anyone who shows the slightest bit of skepticism is bewildering.

AEfx

Maybe not, but twenty pages worth of asking the same question? Unquestionably overkill.

Thank you for your input. It's too bad though that your contribution seems to be nothing but critiquing me, but hey - what is it they say - the only bad press is no press?

If you feel so strongly, lead by example - don't bother yourself with me.

PhotoDave219

Does anyone else notice that when a Joss Whedon TV show is about to get canceled, he changes the show to the point it's unrecognizable? Try binge watching some of his older stuff... It's weird... And I love Joss Whedon stuff...

*1023*

You mean he gets to the point where he no longer cares and instead goes out in a blaze of glory, doing whatever he wants?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Really. Over 15 pages today of largely BS added in 24 hours? Look, it's very obvious that some folks are looking to get this thread shut down by trolling (some 18 hours a day manically). No one has to agree with me that the earth is round, let alone that Disney is failing miserably on entering China and doing any/every thing possible to keep that matter from the public and, more importantly, those in the investor community and media.

You want to disagree? Fine. But you don't get to do it for page after page after page. Just puking forth the same lies, misstatements and demands of me (guess what? I do often take requests. I don't respond kindly to demands.) The same people begging for attention. I'm not giving it.

It's sorta entered the pathetic phase. I guess there are some here who don't want the thread hitting 1,000 pages. That is pretty lame, but no one ever said online folks were the sanest bunch. ... Of course, Disney doesn't like the thread. Disney doesn't want you reading this. If enough trolling goes on, then the 'only' sensible reaction would be to close it. That's what you're looking and hoping for.

That is just pathetic. Flat out.

Now, I see the inevitable 'new' members. You almost can't keep track of them without nametags. It's summer and I guess they're not over vacationing in Europe or even drinking at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. They have nothing better to do than try and figure out how many posts I've made in the last decade. A lot to be sure, but what's worse? ... Posting about a subject you are passionate about and quite knowledgeable on ... or counting how many posts someone has made as if that is somehow pertinent? For much of the decade, I've actually had REAL professional jobs. I've made time for a hobby. And yet some newbies (who absolutely aren't and are playing a VERY dangerous game) think they can pass judgment? They really need to sober up and think about their behavior because every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I've already long since started ignoring some posters. But that doesn't give them carte blanche to come in here and crap all over the place. You are largely arguing with yourselves.

There is a HUGE story here. You can believe or disbelieve. I'm not going to tell you about how many stories much larger and more important (like the Snowden/NSA spying case) simply get ignored (oh wait, I just did again). I can't force coverage. And I have more important things to deal with. But if you don't believe it, fine. Express it and walk away. I don't think @wdwmagic would like it if I went into all the Disney Resort and Disney Dining and Disney General threads and started telling the folks there how stupid I think they are because of the ignorant travel plans they are making and their total lack of respect for money. That's what my 'fans' are doing here, they're just doing it in a much nastier, much more OCD fashion. It needs to stop.

Goofyernmost

To no one in particular- It must create quite a conflict in your inner soul if you are paid by Disney to be a brand advocate on the web and its discussion boards; even worse when you know the truth because you're inside Disney but have to support whatever the company says you must. Tough to sell your soul for a paycheck.
Done everyday when you work for a living. You sell your soul for the dollar. It's the American way of life. Don't believe me? Publicly, make a negative statement about the company you work for, and I don't care what company it is, you will be history or at the very least walking on a vibrating tightrope. It's great to have strong moral standards, but, it is also nice to eat regularly. All of life is a tradeoff in one form or the other.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I don't have specific questions right now. And I know you've talked about more than that, but it is a prevailing theme.
I'll have some time next week when I'm traveling to go back and dig into your posts and see if there are things I have questions about. I too have been busy recently, more work related than personal, and there are times this thread moves at the speed of pre-FP+ rope drop to TSMM. I can't quite ask more than has been already succinctly summed up to me because I'm too lazy to look up details for myself. The summary is great for now.

That's fine. You've been fair and respectful and not a drama queen, so feel free to ask away ... if I can answer, then I certainly will.

I think the thread has moved waaay too fast of late. Too many people repeating the same talking points, many of which are flat out lies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm just trying to answer the casual reader's "Why Should We Care?"

You're totally doing all the heavy lifting, I'm just trying to sum up and keep people from dismissing it out of hand. Because it's a big story and an important story, business wise.

I just can't believe Zenia gave away the entire ride. Thats just unfathomable and has never happened in my memory, especially a year out from opening. Still a year out.

I'm sure it happens all the time.

I'm sure it happens with the WSJ all the time.

I'm sure it happens just coincidentally when the writer asks about China.

It doesn't, of course. But that doesn't play into anyone's tales. It does play into my narrative ... the one I call -- reality!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom