A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

I'm not butthurt. I honestly don't "get" Nintendo and this crazy reaction to it. I'm not a huge Potter fan but that hype makes sense to me. I can look around pop culture and see "yeah, Potter is going to do gangbusters for Universal." Similarly, I'm not the biggest Star Wars guy but I see the value of the brand because I have eyeballs. My point about Nintendo specifically is that I don't see anywhere near the cultural awareness about that brand as I do with Potter, Star Wars, or Marvel.

Huge win in Japan though, that's for sure.

I dont think what he said was specifically just for the nintendo thing.

You have been kinda acting hardhead and kinda angry for the past 5 days since the conversation about Universals $$$ were released.

Travel Junkie

How many people are at guest relations complaining about 120 minute waits for Mine Train? None?

I disagree, and I break with @Lee on this one as well. Frozestrom is not a "guest experience" play for the sake of Frozen fans. It's a "guest experience" play at the expense of Frozen fans. The queue is a giant pen that they're going to stuff as many little princesses into as they possibly can. It's not about making sure that as many people as possible get to experience a Frozen attraction, it's about essentially trapping all of the Frozen-obsessed people in one place so that the non-Frozen-obsessed people can experience Fantasyland in comparative peace and quiet (yes, that's an exaggeration). This will alleviate standby demand on all Fantasyland attractions and FP+ demand on Pan, Pooh, Mine Train, and the Mountains.

You’re actually trying to tell me that no one complains about wait times? So Disney decided to add capacity to TSMM and Soarin because people never complained about wait times at those attractions. Yes people complain about Mine Train wait times and a lack of FP + availability for that attraction.

I’m sure the Frozen fans love your characterization of how they should be treated in the theme parks and I disagree that this will have any impact whatsoever on wait times at MK. Those who want to see Frozenstrom will go to Epcot instead of DHS or AK, not MK

Cesar R M

I suspect this Nintendoland will only have a handful of those characters you mentioned. Better to do a couple right as opposed to a hodgepodge. I'm guessing we get Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and maybe Zelda. If UNI creative knocks this out of the park, it would be a pretty big black eye for Disney when it comes to who executes better.
no Samus of Metroid? Son, I am disappoint..

Lee

Adventurer
How many people are at guest relations complaining about 120 minute waits for Mine Train? None?
Apples and oranges.

I disagree, and I break with @Lee on this one as well. Frozestrom is not a "guest experience" play for the sake of Frozen fans. It's a "guest experience" play at the expense of Frozen fans.
I'm sure that is how the guests who are lured into the Frozen trap will feel.
Around 11,000 guests per day will get on the Frozen ride, many after waiting 2-3 hours in a stand-by queue that isn't big enough.

Guest Relations is going to be swamped by guests who were unable to get on the ride ("It's the only reason we came to this park!) or were forced to wait forever or ride at closing time. Guest satisfaction is going to suffer. Little princesses gonna be unhappy.

At MK, I don't think much will change outside of a possible slightly reduced demand for Fairytale Hall. It's MK...it's gonna be busy regardless.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Oh its a great move for them.

Its just NOT "the one that got away".....
I kinda see Nintendo as the "Oswald the Rabbit" of video gaming. Theyre still relevant, but have been passed and then lapped a few times by Xbox and Playstation. There is plenty of nostalgia to build upon, but I also agree and dont think Disney views this as one that "got away".

If we were talking Grand Theft Auto Land, it might be a different story. Or I guess you can just hit the OBT for that kind of action.

Cesar R M

Honestly I have no problem with it. Correct, it's not my cup of tea, but if it's popular (and it seems to be based on everyone jumping on my back about it), then more power to them. My problem is more with the hypocrisy of posters in this forum than with anything Universal or Disney are doing. It's different standards. I posted this in the Nintendo-specific thread, but we see people bashing Avatar, Frozen, or even Star Wars with arguments like "Disney should focus on original ideas instead of rushing to capitalize on the latest IP." But when Universal does Potter, Kong, Transformers, or Nintendo, it's "HOORAY FOR UNIVERSAL! Look at their awesome ability to capitalize on popular IP!"
huu nintendo is hardly "latest ip".
Avatar are the alien pocahontas, it felt shoehorned in a park dedicated to animals.
It might fit, we already discussed it thousand times.
Frozen? lol nope. I do not see it as a real cultural phenomenon with impact to the respective country.
Nintendo to Japan? Yes, it had a huge impact (like Sony ) to the country itself.

As for rushing.... I think its the opposite when mentioning Star Wars.
They are doing so little on the parks based on Star Wars.

Mike S

no Samus of Metroid? Son, I am disappoint..
No love at all, even when it was her 25th birthday.........
image.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Guest Relations is going to be swamped by guests who were unable to get on the ride ("It's the only reason we came to this park!)
Thats a good point. Many people have already stated that this attraction will be a draw for the families who find Epcot 'boring'. Not much else in the park is changing so the families who do get sucked in will have few options to turn to.

The upside could be that families who never gave Epcot or WS a chance may discover some of its charms.

Cesar R M

This is exactly the problem. They weren't "raised" on MarioKart. They love new games, and have no emotional connection to these works. Instead of working to foster the relationships with them, they focused on closed proprietary systems that made it inaccessible to millions. Micheal Eisner always said content is an evergreen, and the delivery mechanism can be blown away. Nintendo had an evergreen, and essentially chopped it down for the sake of their consoles. The strategy has backfired leaving them with not only a broken hardware business but also a shattered software business.

Yeah, but sales continue to be a shadow of their former selves. 10s of millions have been exposed to Minecraft, and if you're a significant other of younger kids you know what gets talked about. It's not Nintendo.

The difference is Disney has worked to keep their brands timeless. Everyone still knows Snow White and Cinderella decades on. Nintendo (and the market Universal) is targeting kids, and they don't care about Nintendo anymore.
I find your comment regarding "evergreen" interetsing.
because ALL console manufactures.. rely on the closed ecosystem as well.

Only Sony seems to have opened themselves a bit more by "merging" games, accounts..etc.. with their mobile and PS3/PS4 consoles.

Not sure why it wouldn't be the same, or very close...

Then now might be a good time to hire some help for the staff at Guest Relations...
The more I read RealDizFan, the more I think the guy is a paid PR goon.
I wonder if he's a lifestyler or branded blogger a la ricky.

This is one of the most boneheaded statements I have ever read on this site.

When Maelstrom manages approx 60 second intervals and Frozen is shooting for 35 seconds, yeah the capacity will be different. Seriously, do some people really not have the mental capacity to infer anything? Nearly every ride's capacity is dependent on the ride vehicle's capacity x dispatch interval. It has nothing to do with the ride system. When Test Track opened, intervals were nearly twice as long, thus it had horrid capacity until they got intervals cut down significantly. If you double an interval length, capacity is halved. If you cut the interval in half instead, capacity doubles. It's why Thunder Mtn with 3 trains isn't going to have the same capacity as Thunder with 5 on line. Frozen will be no different. It's just more boats on line, an upgrade load/unload procedure and modifying the timing on the lift and switch track. It's not complicated at all. I thought everyone understood such a simple concept without needing to have it explained to them.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I kinda see Nintendo as the "Oswald the Rabbit" of video gaming. Theyre still relevant, but have been passed and then lapped a few times by Xbox and Playstation. There is plenty of nostalgia to build upon, but I also agree and dont think Disney views this as one that "got away".

If we were talking Grand Theft Auto Land, it might be a different story. Or I guess you can just hit the OBT for that kind of action.
I think this kind of land could be dangerous.
I imagine the guys in costumes, punching you and then stealing your car.
while singing the "wasted" song.

When Maelstrom manages approx 60 second intervals and Frozen is shooting for 35 seconds, yeah the capacity will be different. Seriously, do some people really not have the mental capacity to infer anything? Nearly every ride's capacity is dependent on the ride vehicle's capacity x dispatch interval. It has nothing to do with the ride system. When Test Track opened, intervals were nearly twice as long, thus it had horrid capacity until they got intervals cut down significantly. If you double an interval length, capacity is halved. If you cut the interval in half instead, capacity doubles. It's why Thunder Mtn with 3 trains isn't going to have the same capacity as Thunder with 5 on line. Frozen will be no different. It's just more boats on line, an upgrade load/unload procedure and modifying the timing on the lift and switch track. It's not complicated at all. I thought everyone understood such a simple concept without needing to have it explained to them.
...trying way too hard to fix his silly claims from past posts... :rolleyes:

Right, so then:

Maelstrom and Frozen will not have the same capacity, the ride system hardware is barely being touched. All facts. What's also a fact is that scenes are bring programmed for intervals almost twice as fast as Maelstrom (which is why some of the hardware is being modified, like adding a block before the switch track). Same amount of riders, but those riders being sent into the ride at a much higher rate. Not sure how to explain it more clearly than that.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thanks Stephen Hawking, for explaining the complicated equation that 5 trains on BTMR will allow more riders than 3 trains. Did you have to consult with the physicists at CERN to solve that one?

Your still only suggesting that they will cut intervals by nearly 50%. Speeding up the lift or switching load/unload seem like fundamental basics of dispatch interval, but again, you only make claims with no evidence. And the smart azz patronizing attitude does little to improve your credibility. (not that you had much to begin with)

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Ask and Ye Shall recieve!

^^ Just trying to fit in I guess. ;) But really, the only point I was attempting to make is that the two rides won't have the same capacity, unless the show scenes are planning on playing twice to each passing vehicle (hey, that's a possibility I guess after The Seas Nemo and Friends :) ).... But even that wouldn't jive with the fact that they're adjusting the things you've mentioned that are the true drivers for capacity.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom