A Spirited Perfect Ten

lazyboy97o

What would be easier would be if the same three people (one who is absolutely manic and I worry might be having an episode) who keep repeating the same pablum to discredit me, would simply go and start a thread. This thread is supposed to be a media/Disney/entertainment 'catch-all'. ... But, yes, sadly many great posts (not all by me!) go totally missed sometimes because people are waiting to jump on one of my posts about The Weatherman or Disney fumbling its entry to China or the lack of ethics and morals of Bob and his wife ...
Posts don't get automatically purged just because more have been added to a thread.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Bull. If ANY of this was legit and documented, it would be EVERYWHERE, not just on this one message board (no offense to @wdwmagic, who runs a fine site). Mr. Spirit could make absurd sums of money if he were to sell the story to the highest bidder. But no, he wants us to believe that there's not one single enterprising journalist out there willing to bury Disney and make a name for himself because every single one of them has been bought off by Robert A. Iger. Come on, seriously?

No, sadly not true. But if you find me one or more ... send them my way and I'll get you a finder's fee.

You folks who don't work or get how media works today just fail to grasp how tough this is. Even if you find a great reporter who wants to run with it, they can be squashed by everyone from their editor to the head of their company/corp. You act like this is easy and everyone would love to cover this. Not true at all.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Yes but Yoga pants on a girl with an.... (wait).... on Katy Perry..... that would be a site to behold.

For many selfish reasons, I like Yoga pants... I also like Yoda pants... and even Yoda dresses...

The Yoga pants thing may make me a cliche' (not that there's anything wrong with that) but, I know what I like...

*1023*

Edited to save PhotoDave an issue...

PhotoDave219

For many selfish reasons, I like Yoga pants... I also like Yoda pants... and even Yoda dresses...

The Yoga pants thing may make me a cliche' (not that there's anything wrong with that) but, I know what I like...

*1023*

I'm just rolling here and laughing my off and you know why.....

doctornick

For you journalists reading this thread, there are at least six stories about Shanghai Disney Resort
  1. The breakdown in Disney's relationship with its Chinese partners
@lazyboy97o has already done a good job addressing your post, but I want to focus on this one point.

Saying that there is a "breakdown in Disney's relationship with its Chinese partners" is an opinion. It's something that can be argued based on some available evidence, but it's just as easy to conclude that Disney is being respectful of their Chinese partners and honoring their agreement.

That's one of my main beefs with this whole story. The entire premise is that Iger and company is screwing up and there's tidbits here and there offered to "support" that premise. But it's hard to determine if the conclusion comes from the evidence or did the conclusion come first and there is simply as search for evidence that paints that picture. I've yet to see evidence that truly suggests that this whole thing is going to blow up in Disney's face.

Personally, I'm sure there is aspects of SDL development that have gone poorly or that could have gone better in hindsight. Any project of this scale will have bumps in the road. In hindsight, it will be easily for any company insider to name a bunch of screw ups -- and some of them might be the kind of stuff being revealed now. That doesn't mean that the project is doomed to fail or is horribly mismanaged overall. In 2016, SDL will open, people will visit, Disney will make some money. Maybe it will be a horrible boondoggle for the company -- or maybe not. But I don't think whether Bob Iger has his picture taken in front of the Disney Store opening makes one iota of difference to the overall picture (maybe to his ego, but who gives a crap about that?).

VJ

He also said he had independently, through his own sources, verified some of what was placed on Page 877 here as related to Iger and Staggs not being seen at all in their coming out BRAND party in Shanghai ...
I always read words you capitalize like you're yelling; out of habit, I guess. Makes reading your posts (and others who do the same thing to words like BRAND and MAGIC) a little more amusing.

Saying that there is a "breakdown in Disney's relationship with its Chinese partners" is an opinion. It's something that can be argued based on some available evidence, but it's just as easy to conclude that Disney is being respectful of their Chinese partners and honoring their agreement.

I think it could be said that the complete disregard for the agreed to/negotiated/planned itinerary for said visit might be an indication of a rocky relationship. At least that would be my conclusion. Your mileage may vary.

*1023*

WDW1974

Original Poster
Why does @AEfx need to provide proof?

Maybe because he seems obsessed with the topic and defending Bob Iger and has no real interest in the subject ,... beyond his bulge for me?

Spirit has never provided any proof for any of it, except to say, believe me because of who I am.

You are a liar. I post proof and then I'm told ''well, we don't like that proof'' and then I post more and it's ''Yeah, we don't buy that either. Besides, that source is biased and since you don't like Iger and have admitted it you can't possibly be fair about this.'' (much like the Bob Iger lovers like the poster you tagged must be summarily dismissed because they can't possibly like the guy and be fair ... see how that works?)

While I can certainly believe the inside information about new rides/attractions/etc. - except Frozen Ever After - how did he miss that one? - how can I believe the rantings of someone when NOT ONE SINGLE NEWS AGENCY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD has reported any of this. Please provide PROOF as to how this is possible. And to me, this is proof that it isn't anything like what Spirit has stated.

He didn't miss a thing. Again, this site does not give credit to ANY individuals who break news on the site. News is regularly broken by many of us, myself high on the list. I didn't break news of the Maelstrom. I do believe I broke the news of the Princess Palace, which became exclusively Frozen after the film's box office bonanza. I also was the first one to get a CONFIRMATION that the project was happening from an Imagineer (I posted who he was and where the confirm was given.) Read the damn posts.

And yet lots of news agencies are reporting on Disney's awful practice of laying off IT workers, and making Disney look extremely bad in the press over it. This is such a minor issue compared to what Spirit is claiming for SDL, and yet no one else is reporting it? C'mon. Really???? Let's get back to reality.

It's also an easy story because it isn't just about Disney. This is SOP in American business. Since Disney is doing it, they used them as a natural stepping off point.

You have a weak understanding of reality when it comes to what makes the news and why ...

lazyboy97o

Iger running for President in the future doesn't want it popping up during a campaign?
All indications seem to be that Iger's political aspirations have been crushed, and thus him staying on the job longer. It seems being able to dictate what is written, when and by whom would give him an incredibly strong basis for building a genuine 21st century political machine.

lazyboy97o

I think it could be said that the complete disregard for the agreed to/negotiated/planned itinerary for said visit might be an indication of a rocky relationship. At least that would be my conclusion. Your mileage may vary.

*1023*
Nobody has been willing to make declarative statements regarding the status of that itinerary. There was even credence given to the idea that it was not fully approved and that it is something Disney tried to single handedly push at the last minute.

WDW1974

Original Poster
But even with anonymous posters vouching for the anonymous poster, an anonymous poster citing anonymous sources isn't reporting as if held to the highest journalistic standards. If no one, including the reporter, is willing to put their name on the info, it stays on a message board and doesn't make the WSJ. That doesn't make the story untrue, but it does lead to legitimate skepticism when the poster has a known agenda.

And today the NYT (as I said in this thread) can run a major 1A piece with half a dozen or more unnamed sources. I guess I should be held to even higher standards (to be fair, I actually DO hold myself to higher standards!)

All indications seem to be that Iger's political aspirations have been crushed, and thus him staying on the job longer. It seems being able to dictate what is written, when and by whom would give him an incredibly strong basis for building a genuine 21st century political machine.

Uncle Bob has a few Political Skeletons that would be difficult to overcome. Things change when you move from corporate politics to national politics. Many gloves come off then.

*1023*

Daveeeeed

I'm not trying to look like an idiot I'm just slightly confused with this thread. Could someone tell me what Spirited is, and also is he leaving, or rejoining, but not going to be on a lot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom