A Spirited Perfect Ten

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm also not saying Disney paid anyone off, let alone to the tune of $800 million.

However, a fact of doing business in China is money going to officials. Obviously, Disney (no company, I would think) would pay off people to the tune of $800 million as an entry fee.

But ... is it fair to question ... to wonder if some of that money might have been used for unethical and illegal uses? Again, considering what is going on, I'd say yes, it is.

You aren't saying.. but you are saying...
notsayingaliens.png

bhg469

I'm so tired of disney being bashed by universals additions... Literally everyother year universal opens up a breath taking ride while my Disney is fiddling there thumbs... Star Wars Land needs to blow hp away so then I can stop hearing universal fanboys brag...
Disney is in a position where they don't have to try. People still pay for a diluted experience and disney isn't showing that they care at all. Universal is catching up and will overtake at least one of they disney parks attendance within a few years.

Last edited:

bhg469

It's Steve Job's 60th birthday today. I have friends who had dealings with the man and, yes, he could be as intimidating as people say. But one couldn't fault him for his strong sense of vision. This simple quote by Mr Jobs illustrates how far the current TWDC has lost it's way by placing its survey-focused by-the-numbers marketed brand synergy strategic planners in charge.

"It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."

it's a shame he didn't show the same desire to raise his own child.

BrerJon

Seeing as this thread takes a new tangent daily lol,I thought id throw this into the mix.....at least Disneyland Paris has a few years to get there act sorted before this opens:

;) looks pretty **** good too

Sure does. At 2:18 it looks like the hotel corridors are themed to be on the Starship Enterprise. That's brilliant. I really hope this park comes off.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Seeing as this thread takes a new tangent daily lol,I thought id throw this into the mix.....at least Disneyland Paris has a few years to get there act sorted before this opens:

;) looks pretty **** good too

Looks really cool. That might have been the worst audio engineering/mix I've heard in a promotional video though.

Anyone know how likely it is that this will be built? Based on the timeline I saw on the planning section of the website, it sounds likely that what was shown in the video was more of an example of the types of attractions that COULD be in the park, not necessarily what WILL be in the park. It doesn't look like they've actually gotten that far just yet.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
the disks cannot. they are physically there.

to update most devices, specially computer readers.. they need to modify the firmware.
which isnt a "plug and play" type update.

*edit*

to resume..
every old bluray will be easily viewable in every single device that is not connected on the internet.
only new bluray disks could be affected.
Many devices are never upgraded (like computer or laptop based bluray drives)

the only device that I've seen that forces you to upgrade everytime.. is the PS3 and probably the PS4 too.

Ah Grasshopper you do not yet understand the subtle nuances of AACS, Which indeed updates the player every time you insert a disk.

The AACS decryption process for a protected disc by a licensed player goes through four stages:

1. The software/embedded player's Device Keys, together with the disc's Media Key Block (MKB) data are used to retrieve a "Processing Key", and with that (plus another datum from the MKB) to compute the Media Key.
  2. That Media Key, together with the disc's Volume ID (VID) obtained by the player presenting a valid Host Certificate to the drive is used to compute the Volume Unique Key (VUK).
  3. This VUK is used to unscramble the disc's scrambled Title Keys.
  4. Finally those Title Keys unscramble the disc's protected media content.
Note that it is the disc that contains the MKB. MKB have been renewed since the first commercial BluRay release in 2006. The latest MKB is version 30, but many MKB actually share the same key. The software player provides the Host key and certificate, whereas the drive contains a list of the Host key/certificates that have been revoked.

Cinavia is just icing on the cake so to speak.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney is in a position where they don't have to try. People still pay for a diluted experience and disney isn't showing that they care at all. Universal is catching up and will overtake at least one of they disney parks attendance within a few years.

I would be surprised if this year UNI does not exceed DHS and by next year DHS AND AK.

Look at the advertisements, UNI "Look at all the cool stuff we have to do", Disney "Look DISCOUNTS WOO HOO"

Also in popular culture yes Frozen insanely popular with 8 Y/O girls, but Minions and other UNI characters are everywhere, Heck Gronkowski wore a Minion Hat at the Super Bowl Parade in Boston!

Gave a good friend of family a Minion waterbottle (shaped like a minion) She's 29 and holding - you will not separate her from that minion sipper.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Ooh wah....what!? A BRAND NEW DuckTales series on a Disney channel? Possibly my favorite show as a kid (even against the other stellar Disney Afternoon shows)? However immature it may come across from a 26 year old adult male, my inner child just lit up with joy. Can't seem to help it, I hope they get some talent behind it though and pay proper respect to the original.

Wonder if Alan Young will be returning as the voice of Scrooge, he's actually 95 years old now! He did return to voice Scrooge for the video game remake of DuckTales (update of the old Nintendo game) not long ago. He was still a fantastic voice in it and did great (as did the other returning voice actors) but you could tell from his voice that his age was starting to catch up with him. Would love to have him back if he's up for it of course, but we'll see.

Oh and Please don't be CGI, Please don't be CGI, dear god Please don't be CGI...

suburbianj

Looks really cool. That might have been the worst audio engineering/mix I've heard in a promotional video though.

Anyone know how likely it is that this will be built? Based on the timeline I saw on the planning section of the website, it sounds likely that what was shown in the video was more of an example of the types of attractions that COULD be in the park, not necessarily what WILL be in the park. It doesn't look like they've actually gotten that far just yet.

That is true,but they have all the land they require,and the UK government is fast tracking the plans,by-passing local government planning departments because of the benefits it would bring to the whole economy......im 95% sure this is happening,but like most theme parks do,especially Disney,new attractions wouldn't all open at the same time :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom