A Spirited Perfect Ten

lazyboy97o

Before you go further.. let me stop you for a moment.

If the job was just 100% of the animators.. anyone would have been selected to be the actor.
This needs to be a "symbiotic" relationship between the "face" actor, and the techs translating into the cgi character.

As for that article...wow.. I never imagined he had such ego.

At least he seemed to get the hint and started to give the animators more props. (in the linked news)
Besides Margaret Kerry, how many actors who were rotoscoped and referenced by Disney animators like the Nine Old Men are known, discussed or celebrated?

culturenthrills

That's the problem.

WDW is suffering from a self-inflicted gaping wound. They caused it ... and it started a good 15 years ago (if not longer) by shuttering capacity at all parks and then shifting to a model that drove people to MK.

When WDW only had two, then three parks, they all did well, but MK wasn't packed while the others were often lightly attended. That is the circumstances today.

And think of how bad things would be if EPCOT didn't have three festivals a year to draw bodies in ... and even Studios has gotten a boost from two summers of Frozen and then the Lightacular at Christmas. Imagine if those things weren't happening. You'd have one total dead park, one park that was quite lightly attended and one that was packed daily from opening to close.

Love how the Osbourne Lights now last two months. Still surprised they don't start the Epcot Holiday stuff earlier and haven't come up with some new Holiday stuff at DAK. But I'm sure we will get a Holiday version of River of Lights.

StageFrenzy

Alright in respect to @PhotoDave219, @WDW1974 and really everyone including me I have been trying to keep Uni v Disney out of my posts. Hopefully despite mentioning rides in both parks this will still keep to the spirit of that idea. There is a difference between springboard and book report when it comes to IP. You can tell when something is well executed or not. Looking at what we know and have seen about the new Kong attraction at IOA they are using the 2005 movie as inspiration for the ride. I don't think anyone had a problem with the way Kong or skull island was depicted. If I remember it correctly critics had a problem with the story concocted around skull island and Kong. As far as I am aware Jack Black, Adrien Brody and Naomi Watts and their characters are not in the attraction. It looks like other than set and Kong design we aren't going to see anything related to the 2005 movie. Looking at IMDB King Kong(1976) 5.8 and King Kong Lives(1986) 3.7 made one of the best attractions in Orlando. The Little Mermaid 7.6 has made just an okay attraction at Disney, we all know they could have had a better attraction had they ditched the book report. Avatar is shaping up to be an interesting land as long as they stay on the periphery of the story(what story there was) because it's a interesting place to visit. I am even optimistic about the execution of the Frozen attraction, however the location is bad and I can't wait to see how Epcot will handle it.

Wikkler

I love that the list of original concepts includes a movie based on Lego toys.
Well I regretted that decision, too, but I included it because I don't believe I've seen Emmet or Wyldstyle or the Kragle in any movie or book or comic book or television program before The LEGO Movie came out.

burgess

Well I regretted that decision, too, but I included it because I don't believe I've seen Emmet or Wyldstyle or the Kragle in any movie or book or comic book or television program before The LEGO Movie came out.

I get it. I just think it's a funny reflection of the American movie business that one of the only $200+ million "original" movies is about Legos.

culturenthrills

Finally caught up. Now to begin the three days it takes me to watch Sunday night TV. True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, John Oliver, The Last Ship, Falling Skies, Humans, Halt and Catch Fire, Ray Donavan, Masters of Sex, Rick and Morty, Aqua Teens. Note to TV executives, stop putting so much damn TV on Sunday nights.

Cesar R M

Never said that there wasn't a long range need. What I'm saying is that Hollywood is pumping out what is the demand of today. It's all well and good to say that they should present art when it isn't our money that will be lost. They are in business to make money not become artists, at least not at the moment. People are not willing to pay for art, they want what is interesting to them. However, just like anything else this stuff is cyclical and will eventually change direction, we just have to ride it out. In the meantime, they are not receiving any of my money. A fact that I'm sure is keeping them up nights after a long day of counting their profits.
to resume, you just pulled the "But Disney is a BUSINESS!" maneouver.:rolleyes:

Cesar R M

King King aint got nothin on me!
Werent you in love with the Disco Yeti Mr. Dave?
I think you're a fluffy monster lover!

Finally caught up. Now to begin the three days it takes me to watch Sunday night TV. True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, John Oliver, The Last Ship, Falling Skies, Humans, Halt and Catch Fire, Ray Donavan, Masters of Sex, Rick and Morty, Aqua Teens. Note to TV executives, stop putting so much damn TV on Sunday nights.
I actually feel sorry for the actors in Falling Skies.
The show had such great promise and was ruined by horrible writing.
Hopefully the culling of the "The Masons(tm)" will begin and we will get less useless drama of them.

Wikkler

I get it. I just think it's a funny reflection of the American movie business that one of the only $200+ million "original" movies is about Legos.
In hindsight, even that is a stretch, considering there are many secondary and tertiary characters based on IPs:
  • Aquaman
  • Batman
  • C-3P0
  • Chewbacca
  • Professor Dumbledore
  • The Flash
  • Gandalf the Great
  • The Green Ninja from Ninjago
  • Han Solo
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Michelangelo
  • Milhouse
  • Wonder Woman

PhotoDave219

Werent you in love with the Disco Yeti Mr. Dave?
I think you're a fluffy monster lover!

I actually feel sorry for the actors in Falling Skies.
The show had such great promise and was ruined by horrible writing.
Hopefully the culling of the "The Masons(tm)" will begin and we will get less useless drama of them.

Uh no, I am not into Fluffy not monsters.

I've never been a huge Yeti person although I've only ridden Everest during Cast Previews.

Goofyernmost

to resume, you just pulled the "But Disney is a BUSINESS!" maneouver.:rolleyes:
Well, that might be because Disney is a business, is now, always has been. Walt operated it with different style and with a feeling of personal interest, because, well, because it was his personal interest. That ended in 1966, almost 50 years ago. Since then it has been run differently by different people, but, it has always been a business. Walt needed it to make enough money to finance his dreams and exercise his genius level creativity and insight. It is now done to create a profit for the stockholders, different reasons, but, that doesn't alter its overall mission, just its motivation.

Disney was and to a large extent, still is, a unique type of business built on dreams and warm fuzzies that it gives it's customers. That doesn't stop it from being a business and all the denial in the world will not change that. In my opinion, anyone that denies that either has their heads buried in the sand or deep down do not want to see the place continue. Without the "business" motivation, at this point, it would soon be just a part of history. One can roll their eyes until they fall out of their heads, it still is what it is and what it always has been. Just as soon as they stop charging extortion level prices and let us all in for free, let me know, and I will admit that it no longer is a business. Of course, the side effect of that is that it just plain will be no longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom