A Spirited Perfect Ten

hpyhnt 1000

For me, Its personal preference and what I'm willing to pay.

The first rate I got at POP in Jan 2004, 39/nite. (CM rate). I look at a value room and expect a value price and for me, value is 50-75/night. Moderate? Maybe 150.

Similarly, deluxe? What I find in a Disney Deluxe room is for me, a 150-200/night room just for amenities. If I'm being charged 400-500 night, It better be a full on, high end suite with 24 hour personal concierge.

It's the same for me. Two years ago I paid $86/night to stay at POP and last year I paid $136/night to stay at POFQ. Both were at the top end of what I was willing to pay for what I got, but both were standard view / value season + room-only discount rates.

WDW hotel rooms are now overpriced no matter what category or season you pick, or discount you get.

Third-ing this. Want to know why Disney is constantly offering 20-30% off its hotel rooms? Because they are consistently 30-50+% overpriced.

That's not to say there aren't perks worth paying for. All are generally clean and well kept, have attractive grounds, decent pools, good food options, and include transportation to/from the parks. But those things don't justify huge markup, like paying $130+ for what is essentially a 90s sized Motel 6 room, or $500+ for a Hampton Inn and Suites sized room.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I went there once and they said they had Maine lobster in the tank. It was blue. It was not Maine lobster, LOL.
Live Maine lobsters are a bluish green when in the tank. They are not red until cooked. You may already know that. If so, I apologize, but, what difference I have seen is more shape and size then color pre-cooked color.

Goofyernmost

I agree. Hurricanes are much better than snow.
Hurricanes come with their own set of problems, but, they are short lived. If you have no damage it's business as usual, if you do you have to clean up over time. Snow on the other hand, takes all day or multiple days to do it's thing and then it is weeks of clean up for everyone and it is cold on top of that. I will take my chances with hurricanes and day of the week.

Mike S

Would love to see something like this. It's great when different rides "interact" with each other.
Won't happen due to how expensive it would be sadly.
image.jpg
image.jpg

kpilcher

Oh, and from the R-E-S-P-E-C-T Department, former Disney CEO Ron Miller (also Walt's son-in-law) showed up at DL on Friday for the 60th Anniversary.

From what I've been told, DL Prez of The Moment Michael Colglazier (to be replaced by Mary Niven next year in case you were playing the at-home game of Disney Exec Shuffle) had Miller, whose wife Diane died after a fall late in 2013, and a group of other luminaries up on the stage with him, but didn't bother to single Ron out or simply name all of them as he should have done. Nope, instead he said something about "Disney Legends'' and moved on ... the O.C. Register has a small story on it.

But for someone who meant so much to the company -- and Walt himself -- and is now 82 years old, it would have been classy and expected to be given some proper loving by Colglazier. Bad form. Very bad form.

People like to diminish Ron Miller's accomplishments as head of Walt Disney Productions. His real successor, Eisner, did amazing things. Eisner, Wells & Roy Disney saved the company from greenmailers and modern day financial buccaneers, no lie. But Ron was already trying to move Disney beyond WWWD & safety & Apple Dumpling Gang meets Herbie. Ron created the Disney Channel. Ron believed in Tokyo Disneyland, and started some very very early feelers towards Europe. Ron was essential to getting Epcot built. Tron was a bold failure (now cult classic) as was Return to Oz. Look, Black Cauldron is on my least favorite list of Disney Animated Features, but Ron rolled the dice on something risky. He realized in the era of Star Wars and Close Encounters & ET they couldn't just keep making The Fox & the Hound (though I love that film). Ron would not and could not ever be Walt. But HE is the one who approved Touchstone & Greenlit Splash. That early hit really helped fan Eisner's sails, as did some of the early Disney Channel programming. Just as Roy E was not the "idiot nephew," Ron Miller was not the "idiot CEO."

PhotoDave219

Ahh, for that we would need to block out actual Main Gate entrances. Take the DCP out of the park and their "I'm 21 drink all the drinks" mentality.

Yeah..... Its a problem. Those of us who are responsible adults who enjoy our beverages tend to frown on the amateurs that F&W brings out. I have no idea how to fix it....

Stayed Boardwalk Club Level Thursday on CM Discount, $330. I can't imagine paying with the true rack rate is for that.

Dear god. Sounds like a great time tho :D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
People like to diminish Ron Miller's accomplishments as head of Walt Disney Productions. His real successor, Eisner, did amazing things. Eisner, Wells & Roy Disney saved the company from greenmailers and modern day financial buccaneers, no lie. But Ron was already trying to move Disney beyond WWWD & safety & Apple Dumpling Gang meets Herbie. Ron created the Disney Channel. Ron believed in Tokyo Disneyland, and started some very very early feelers towards Europe. Ron was essential to getting Epcot built. Tron was a bold failure (now cult classic) as was Return to Oz. Look, Black Cauldron is on my least favorite list of Disney Animated Features, but Ron rolled the dice on something risky. He realized in the era of Star Wars and Close Encounters & ET they couldn't just keep making The Fox & the Hound (though I love that film). Ron would not and could not ever be Walt. But HE is the one who approved Touchstone & Greenlit Splash. That early hit really helped fan Eisner's sails, as did some of the early Disney Channel programming. Just as Roy E was not the "idiot nephew," Ron Miller was not the "idiot CEO."

Exactly, Without Ron Miller there would have been no EPCOT or the Disney Channel

Animaniac93-98

Here's a short list of some of the things added to Disneyland during Ron Miller's time as CEO:

Country Bear Jamboree
America Sings
Space Mountain
America on Parade
The Walt Disney Story
Main Street Electrical Parade
Big Thunder Mountain
New Fantasyland

Seems like a guy worth mentioning. Of course, he didn't build or design these rides himself, but neither did Walt, Eisner, or Iger.

FigmentJedi

I don't understand, whats the point of this. At least most of the other ones are popular, this is just dumb.
Not to mention they kinda already did it with that Sorcerer's Apprentice movie. Based primarily around Arthurian magic users, dorky kid having to learn life lessons through magic from an eccentric mentor, the fact that Jay Baruchel sounds exactly like Wart/Arthur from the Disney movie...
Even the sequel they never made was gonna heavily feature Excalibur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom