A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

Figment sequel officially announced: FIgment 2: Legacy of Imagination

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...n-new-disney-kingdoms-comic-series-this-fall/

01_ParksBlog_Figment2_Cover.jpg

Plot summary sure sounds meta
"We know you want us to fix the ride, so here's another comic!!!"

PhotoDave219

MK is jammed full, not the others. And how does it have anything to do with the company alienating customers or adding blockout dates for CM's? It doesnt, unless your an apologist.

If you think MK being crowded excuses the company from doing such things, then your just the type of rube they want.

MK is pulling a peak crowd 25% of the time, through June 14th (41 times). Of the past 25 days, MK pulled a peak crowd 19 times.

They're pulling an off-peak crowd 23.6% of the time, but havent in nearly a month, 5/17 being the last off-peak crowd that showed.

The resort as a whole? Showing a Peak crowd 22% of the time (36 times) Epcot? 23.6% (39 times). DHS? 23.6% (39 Times). DAK 20.6% (34 times).

DHS is either feast or famine, they only pull an average crowd 34% of the time... They're still running off-peak at 42% of the time. But to be fair, they've pulled Peak crowds for 10 straight days and 20 out of the past 23. SWW pulled a peak crowd on 11 of their 15 days.

Mike S

No no no no!! :)

No simulator.

I think you guys are getting too complex. The gyrosphere doesn't actually have to simulate the ones in the film exactly. Indoor, dark ride, outside portion, scary Dino's, track based is fine, but it would be really awesome if they used a trackless type system that they have at the International Disney parks.

I think you guys are getting too wrapped up in getting the ride vehicle to be exactly like the one in the film and not seeing how dead simple it could be - omnimover with a outer shell.
It would have to be able to speed up in certain parts (can't go slow with an I-Rex chasing you amiright?), but yeah, that could definitely work :)

This is why it's good to collaborate on an idea.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Nothing, and thanks for taking the high road and not resorting to name calling. Very mature of you! Anyway we were talking about how all those things were driving people away which obviously it is not, at least not yet. Adding blackout or subtracting blackout has zero affect on how the paying public sees WDW. That fact is that most of them do not even know what the CM's perks might or might not be. That is a completely separate argument for a completely different topic.

The only potential I see is keeping an above average crowd from moving into that peak crowd category.

Alas yes, MK is busy as hell but DHS has been busier of late in terms of whether or not theyre drawing a peak level crowd. In terms of numbers, a peak crowd at DHS is a mere average one at MK.

Goofyernmost

The only potential I see is keeping an above average crowd from moving into that peak crowd category.

Alas yes, MK is busy as hell but DHS has been busier of late in terms of whether or not theyre drawing a peak level crowd. In terms of numbers, a peak crowd at DHS is a mere average one at MK.
Well, DHS isn't exactly trying very hard to draw people. It is almost like it is a deliberate fail. Perhaps they are hoping that it will completely fail and then they can bulldoze the whole place and make it an executive parking lot and grill.

Wait, then they can find a bigger piece of land and build a new park dedicated to Oswald! That would be so cool. :rolleyes:;)

PhotoDave219

Well, DHS isn't exactly trying very hard to draw people. It is almost like it is a deliberate fail. Perhaps they are hoping that it will completely fail and then they can bulldoze the whole place and make it an executive parking lot and grill.

Wait, then they can find a bigger piece of land and build a new park dedicated to Oswald! That would be so cool. :rolleyes:;)

Looks like they're only going when the guests have a reason to go. They still are the outlier these days, no matter how much they pull in these final 15 days of the month.

And they're pulling the crowd from Epcot over the past couple weeks. That's the trend since Memorial Day. Epcot down, DHS busy and DAK solid. And MK being a place you don't want to be in 90+ degree heat.

hopemax

So lets talk CM Maingate blackouts at MK... AGAIN. (as @akayw0718 reminds us, a maingate is just getting friends/family in and does not block out a CM's admission)

clipped the rest

I wonder when they start getting pushback from other divisions. Silver Passes have the same set of blockouts, so if you are a professional in another division (as opposed to a front-line park CM) you can't visit either. Retirees have Silver Passes too. I don't know enough about who gets what (what do the ESPN, Pixar, Marvel people get?), but if you're an animator or a WDI person, etc...it limits being able to use your pass at WDW. I would imagine those types have the wallets Disney is looking for. Do they get annoyed they can't use their benefit and not come, or pony up for a regular ticket for MK days?

SJN1279

I love Kong, but with the success of Jurassic World, it is a shame that the land isn't getting its much needed expansion and update in 2016. Jurassic World was great and deserves all the success it gets.

ULPO46

Oh Black out days. I still believe it doesn't matter, the parks seem always peak anyways, especially now that it is officially summer.

PhotoDave219

Oh Black out days. I still believe it doesn't matter, the parks seem always peak anyways, especially now that it is officially summer.

I'll put those numbers up when we finish June.

Short term trend? Yes, they're hitting peak levels nearly every day in the past three weeks... except Epcot.

Long term trend? Feast or Famine. When its busy, its really busy. When its dead, its really dead. Usually a Wednesday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom