A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One difference was Alice was opening against a very hyped up X-Men movie. Pete's Dragon opens against fairly weak competition in a Seth Rogan animated comedy that is geared to a completely different audience.

I'm not saying the movie will do great, but I think with proper marketing, the movie may end up doing better than Alice 2. What that number is though is TBD.
The real question is will the opening weekend beat Flubber:D

Quinnmac000

Disney is suffering a bad press week. With Star Wars fanboys angry that they are lightening up Rogue One due to it feeling like a war movie, the alleged lesbian couple in the Finding Dory Trailer and the backlash from that, Alice flopping, bad news with China, and a lot of people not feeling that Mary Poppins deserves a sequel and P.L. Travers would be rolling in her grave right now especially with Disney upsetting her once with the making of Mary Poppins. (Saving Mr Banks isn't accurate in how she felt, she extremely hated Walt for what he did with her work)

And everyone has essentially ignored the BTS moana clip that was released today on the rock's instagram.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
These props are being made by Propshop at Pinewood Studios in London, the same guys who made them for the movie. So, essentially, they're off the screen and into your hand, just not screen-used.

If that's really the case I'm excited about them. It's just that Disney recently has been into the cheap 'Made in China' stuff even at places like Art of Disney. It's disconcerting to see a nice oil with a huge price tag with a 'Made in China' sticker on it

Mike S

Disney is suffering a bad press week. With Star Wars fanboys angry that they are lightening up Rogue One due to it feeling like a war movie, the alleged lesbian couple in the Finding Dory Trailer and the backlash from that, Alice flopping, bad news with China, and a lot of people not feeling that Mary Poppins deserves a sequel and P.L. Travers would be rolling in her grave right now especially with Disney upsetting her once with the making of Mary Poppins. (Saving Mr Banks isn't accurate in how she felt, she extremely hated Walt for what he did with her work)

And everyone has essentially ignored the BTS moana clip that was released today on the rock's instagram.
My god some people need to grow the hell up. I didn't even notice this though. I hope Rogue One hasn't been toned down.

Quinnmac000

My god some people need to grow the hell up. I didn't even notice this though. I hope Rogue One hasn't been toned down.

1057.jpg

FrankLapidus

Yeah, I don't see a problem.

It's not surprising, not when you consider that only a few months ago there was an online campaign to boycott The Force Awakens because of the skin colour of one of the main characters. Some prejudices will just never be eradicated, society just isn't that progressive. It's sad, desperately so, but such small-minded people are best ignored.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's not surprising, not when you consider that only a few months ago there was an online campaign to boycott The Force Awakens because of the skin colour of one of the main characters. Some prejudices will just never be eradicated, society just isn't that progressive. It's sad, desperately so, but such small-minded people are best ignored.

Everything has an online boycott or petition nowadays. 0.00001% should be taken seriously.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I really don't want to go down this worm hole again about if it's good, bad, or indifferent about same sex couples being in Disney movies. However I will say if Disney is getting major push back about a lesbian couple (that I am assuming is just a background character that will be on screen all of 30 seconds) you can say good bye to them even thinking about making Elsa a LGBTQ character or at least making that decision any time soon.

VJ

If that's really the case I'm excited about them. It's just that Disney recently has been into the cheap 'Made in China' stuff even at places like Art of Disney. It's disconcerting to see a nice oil with a huge price tag with a 'Made in China' sticker on it
That *is* really the case. I promise. ;) StarWars.com has a blog post up all about Propshop and how much craftsmanship will be going into each piece. Honestly for how expensive each prop is I would be expecting all this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom