A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Nubs70

I like the discussion! Defining value is the key factor here, and like @Rodan75 pointed out, that can get tricky in a service environment. Just cutting cost is not the same as eliminating non-value added activity-- thus why I said a misapplication/misunderstanding of Lean.
I use the humble towel animal as an example.

From the corporate perspective, it is a non value added activity. If it takes 5 minutes to assemble 1 animal and 8 animals are made per day, this is 40 minutes per day of waste. If 1 room can be cleaned in 40 minutes, this is 1additional room per day per housekeeper.

From the customer perspective, a towel animal is a nice special intangible that adds value to their experience.

Last edited:

ProfSavage

FERPA? Or do you mean FUPA?

giphy.gif

No. Mutually exclusive. But I am no stranger to either....

Cesar R M

WDW's Fantasyland had to drop from 9 rides to 8 rides to get their Princess hug zone built, and it didn't have the stage show that Disneyland got. And this in the sprawling Magic Kingdom Park that has "the blessing of size" and acres and acres of unused land. That's just weird.
Unless there is something more sinister going on, like the attraction pretty much about to fall down to pieces thanks to low maintenance or zero interest in maintaining it (too expensive to run).

matt9112

No, he's talking about the Toy Story parking lot, formerly the Fujishige strawberry fields, the company acquired 18 years ago. Disney also owns some of the land surrounding the property as well. The land has been the planned location of a third gate as far as the 1990 Disneyland Resort Master Plan.
westcot1_propertboundaries.jpg

If they build a third gate in cali before fixing epcot and EVERYTHING ELSE at Disney world I will loose my ****

RSoxNo1

Have fun. Be sure to tell us how great everything is over there :)
You've heard it all before. Tokyo Disney Sea is the most impressive theme park I've ever visited. Every area takes the best components of theming you'd find in the stateside parks. It is virtually flawless.

The attraction lineup is very good, but I don't think Journey to the Center of the Earth or Pooh's Hunny Hunt (at Disneyland) are worth the trip alone, it really is the entire experience that's plused, and that's especially true at Disney Sea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom