A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I pray you are correct and I am wrong on that projection. I was fearing massive lines stretching all the way past Mexico and further upward into FW for the majority of the summer.

I haven't checked, does anyone know how much more capacity they added to the indoor queue area? I think that will tell us a lot about how that will go.

the.dreamfinder

Last my bothan spies heard (before they took off to the beach to kick back and earn 30%) some peopel within the mouse were expecting a serious attendance bump at Epcot. At least double digits.

And no, they wont get WWOHP crowds.... thats an entirely different ballgame.
What happens when the ride gets the bad buzz it most certainly deserves? WWoHP has been successful because it brought the goods. Frozenstrom is a cheap, low capacity synergy play. At what point does that reality catch up to them?

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Maybe they have finally raised prices and cut attractions and quality to the point where people are actually beginning to stay away from WDW. If so that would wake up everyone in management. Of course Iger will probably respond with more stock buybacks.

I'm sure Iger will do exactly that and probably increase buybacks to keep EPS shiny for another quarter or so.

invader

What happens when the ride gets the bad buzz it most certainly deserves? WWoHP has been successful because it brought the goods. Frozenstrom is a cheap, low capacity synergy play. At what does that reality catch up to them?
You think people will really care all that much? If little Susie gets to see Anna and Elsa in a ride they'll be ecstatic regardless of how it's presented. I have a feeling families will cling to anything Frozen, unfortunately.

Donaldfan1934

I wonder if the delays for ROL and Frozenstrom have resulted in cancellations?
I'd say that it definitely has something to do with it. If Disney had its new attractions up and running on schedule, then the "Awakens" promotion would've gone over a lot better since its riding on those 2 experiences. Its beyond pathetic how Frozen may not end up opening until the 2nd half of the summer and RoL was postponed 5 months until September. It raises the question of whether or not these attracttions have genuine issues and Disney's just being cheap and buying as much time as they can to save costs.

PhotoDave219

Remember last year when TSMM was FP+ only for a couple of weeks, Would not surprise me in the least if FrozStrom was FP only

Yeah and remember the really ed off people because of it…?

Disney probably doesn't remember this because the bad managers that put that in place have likely been hidden away somewhere else. Disney Hides bad managers more often then the Catholic Church hides bad priests…

Mike S

Which episode is this? I'm not really a big South Park fan, But of course Disney Springs is a real life SoDo SoPa
Jonas Brothers and purity rings. There was one for him buying Star Wars too :hilarious:
What happens when the ride gets the bad buzz it most certainly deserves? WWoHP has been successful because it brought the goods. Frozenstrom is a cheap, low capacity synergy play. At what does that reality catch up to them?
But it looks so MAGICal!!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah and remember the really ****ed off people because of it…?

Disney probably doesn't remember this because the bad managers that put that in place have likely been hidden away somewhere else. Disney Hides bad managers more often then the Catholic Church hides bad priests…

It was indeed ugly and you are correct on the 'Manager Protection Program' for bad Disney managers.

Monorail_Orange

You think people will really care all that much? If little Susie gets to see Anna and Elsa in a ride they'll be ecstatic regardless of how it's presented. I have a feeling families will cling to anything Frozen, unfortunately.
I disagree. In my experience, if this was last year, you'd be on to something. I don't think Frozen Fever performed up to expectations, and so I think FrozStrom is too little, too late. Now, if they instead did a world class Frozen attraction like TDL and possibly DL, my opinion would be different.

Monorail_Orange

Jonas Brothers and purity rings. There was one for him buying Star Wars too :hilarious:

But it looks so MAGICal!!!
View attachment 142670 View attachment 142671
LOOK! A LADDER! where's jt and the sheriff and the pendulum to tell us what a great refurb this must be because there's a ladder involved. These two pics are more evidence of what I said before, too little, too late. This just isn't the old Disney way. SMH.

Edit: Thanks to MikeS for posting those pics.

Absimilliard

That would be a terrible bordering on a horrible bordering on horrific idea… Can you imagine the backlash?

Seriously… Disney has done so many things on the cheap in Orlando in the past 5 to 10 years…

I unfortunately heard the same thing last year. Upper management was pushing operations to make the new Frozen ride.... FP+ only. Sure, to a manager sitting in an office at TDO or Team Disney Burbank who can get backdoored in any attraction if he bothers looking on his Iphone what that strange thing called "Epcot" is and going, he doesn't care if its FP+ only.

The front line people can see the train wreck coming and were actively pushing back, trying to keep sanity and a stand-by line present at the ride.

As bad as things are line wise at Universal Studios Japan, they were smart enough not to make Flying Dinosaur a Universal Express only attraction...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not quite understanding. I sort of get your points but there are some holes in this story.

So am I to assume this is a chain restaurant(or your private business)? You have a GM who has a base salary(below the 47K limit?, that seems very low). And some some assistant GMs, like front/back of house managers and head cook?(once again all below the 47K minimum?)

You're missing that he is paying a total comp plan that is much higher than 47k... but portions of that comp plan are NOT counted as compensation in the 47k test (Edit: not counted at full value... to be more correct). So he has people making much higher than 47k, but he will be forced to pay them overtime still.

He wants to pay them with a highly leveraged comp plan to incentivize behavior.

Last edited:

gmajew

Premium Member
I'm not quite understanding. I sort of get your points but there are some holes in this story.

So am I to assume this is a chain restaurant(or your private business)? You have a GM who has a base salary(below the 47K limit?, that seems very low). And some some assistant GMs, like front/back of house managers and head cook?(once again all below the 47K minimum?)

Now what are these assistant managers doing that would require them to stay that far past their closing schedule?(start time should be a static number with no variables) Can't you put a timeline on this procedure and if not completed then there could be repercussions or admistrative consequence?

I think it comes down to management, in terms of motivating employees to do the job correctly and in a timetly manner. You cannot have an open ended timeline, people will continue to push that. I understand that a restaurant's closing can be tricky and it's not always an exact science( I was in food service for 20 years) but I scheduled for a specific time each night and we were able to stick fairly close to that timeframe. If they are consistantly staying an hour extra every night rolling napkins or cleaning the floor, new procedures need to be set and unless there is an observable reason this is happening there should be consequences. If they are truely unable to meet the required timeframe then they should either get paid more of have their schedule adjusted.

Also would it not be possible to just restructure their pay? If an assitant manager has a base pay of 30K but is expected to work 50 hours. Can't you just lower the base pay to incoprroate the base salary with added overtime to still come up with the same 30K number? Honestly I have not read the bill to see if there are restrictions. I mean they still want a job, you still want to turn a nice profit, they are still getting paid the same for the same hours?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

BTW as far as insurance, I would shop for a better deal. I know healthcare has gone up but that number is much more than what I have been hearing from local shops.

Over three years that number is pretty accurate for a group on health insurance. Yes I own several small regional chains. And have been voter as one of best companies in restaurant industry to work for. Some full service so,e fast casual.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You're missing that he is paying a total comp plan that is much higher than 47k... but portions of that comp plan are NOT counted as compensation in the 47k test. So he has people making much higher than 47k, but he will be forced to pay them overtime still.

He wants to pay them with a highly leveraged comp plan to incentivize behavior.
You mean work hard for money? Hard pass. HARD PASS!

Mike S

LOOK! A LADDER! where's jt and the sheriff and the pendulum to tell us what a great refurb this must be because there's a ladder involved. These two pics are more evidence of what I said before, too little, too late. This just isn't the old Disney way. SMH.

Edit: Thanks to MikeS for posting those pics.
They've been in the dedicated Frozen thread for a while and I saw the Troll one posted here before as a thumbnail but it got buried. I believe @brb1006 posted them first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom