A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Sonconato

What has Iger done to improve the LONG TERM prospects of TWDC???

1 - ESPN is losing subscribers to the tune of 5% per annum and that loss is accelerating
2 - All the Disney Owned international parks are bleeding money
3 - Disney does not even have 90 days of cash on hand.

On the positive side of the ledger Iger has bought Lucasfilm and Marvel, I will not bother discussing Disney's epic failure in the interactive entertainment market...

The ONLY thing that Iger has done is pump the stock price over the last decade with levels of stock repurchases which are unprecedented for a company Disney's size and that can be wiped away in a few days trading.

Please tell me again how Disney is positioned for long term growth again???

AAPL has some challenges but with north of $330 billion in the bank well they can weather a rough patch or two, Disney not so much.
I think you and Nielsen have it right. I saw this in today's Wall Street Journal:
espn.jpg

Daveeeeed

Engineers are worse than vegans and crossfitters about always telling everyone they're engineers even when no one cares. That's one of the first things they taught me at college. I'm studying to be an engineer.
Well, I come from a family filled with engineers. Honestly, I would want to become a doctor if it wasn't for my love of Disney. I love medical stuff, but an Engineer job at Disney would be my dream.:D
@SorcererMC too :D

NearTheEars

It is sickening and happens much more than we'd like to believe. But we no longer have a real free press. If we did, then Trump wouldn't be in the position he is in. A real press would have savaged him from the start and not let him simply lie with near impunity.

I disagree. There's been hundreds of fact check stories (about all candidates) on air, in print and online. But millions of people have just chosen to ignore all of them. Heck, several organizations were doing it live throughout the debates. It's baffling.

I'm not sure what more can be done.

raymusiccity

No, the original poster compared the cost of a WDW stay to a trip to Europe. Luv is the one who tried to compare the trips themselves to theme parks.

And flights from Orlando to Bora Bora in mid-November will run you $3009, per Expedia two minutes ago.

..........And, it's only an 11hr.41min. flight from Orlando to Bora Bora !!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Like what happened when the Weatherman opened his mouth about ESPN defections and the stock hasn't recovered since (in a market that has been going up without him)....

Precisely ... Earnings call should be a hoot though, The usual "Profits increased at our Parks and Resorts unit due to increased operational efficencies (cuts) and price increases..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom