A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Hmm - that inflection point for the unraveling of Disney corporate may just have been hit, As I've noted Disney's content only model is their weak point and Sling dropping ESPN properties as part of the 'basic' package is the beginning of the landslide,

As multiple articles have not noted ESPN barely makes the top 20 most desirable channels and it falls behind the Weather Channel as to order of priorities, Right now ESPN unbudled would be roughly $ 20.00/Mo yet 90% of potential subs are unwilling to pay more than $8.00 per Mo.

Since of course people will accuse me of making this up because $INSERT_DUSTER_SPECIOUS_REASON

http://thebiglead.com/2015/06/17/espn-poll-weather-channel-a-la-carte-cable/

http://variety.com/2015/digital/new...els-people-would-actually-pay-for-1201520900/

AEfx

Nintendo Switch looks neat, but need more info.

I need MUCH more info. I'm not sold whatsoever. I don't play games on the go (at least to the extent I'd haul that around) so that just isn't a factor that impresses me.

To be honest, it will be backward compatibility that I most want to hear about. Clearly it has no optical drive, but I have over a grand invested in Wii Virtual Console and Wii U downloaded titles and if I cannot cleanly and easily port them via My Nintendo, I'm not really interested. I have enough games to play (I still haven't finished quite a few Wii U games because XBOX gets my time these days) and given how Nintendo releases and re-releases the same titles over and over (especially Zelda) I just don't have that "need" to be there first this time.

If I can transfer everything over (including Wii Virtual Console), I would consider the upgrade. (Everything, not select titles and that stupid game we had to play with Wii U for each game to be ported again.)

Mike S

I need MUCH more info. I'm not sold whatsoever. I don't play games on the go (at least to the extent I'd haul that around) so that just isn't a factor that impresses me.

To be honest, it will be backward compatibility that I most want to hear about. Clearly it has no optical drive, but I have over a grand invested in Wii Virtual Console and Wii U downloaded titles and if I cannot cleanly and easily port them via My Nintendo, I'm not really interested. I have enough games to play (I still haven't finished quite a few Wii U games because XBOX gets my time these days) and given how Nintendo releases and re-releases the same titles over and over (especially Zelda) I just don't have that "need" to be there first this time.

If I can transfer everything over (including Wii Virtual Console), I would consider the upgrade. (Everything, not select titles and that stupid game we had to play with Wii U for each game to be ported again.)
Well, that's completely understandable. Over a grand?!?! :jawdrop:

Is keeping the Wii U while still getting the NS out of the question?

AEfx

Well, that's completely understandable. Over a grand?!?! :jawdrop:

Is keeping the Wii U while still getting the NS out of the question?

Easily a grand if I include Wii VC. For perspective, for the first two years they did the Deluxe Digital promotion where you got back 10% back on digital downloads, I got $75 in certificates LOL. And that was the first two years.

I could have both, but that's the thing - I have a dual TV setup with a HDMI Matrix, so it's not that kind of problem (though power outlets are scarce) - it's that if I have to keep my Wii U anyway, there isn't enough to get me to want a Switch too. I have enough devices and given how disappointed I have been in how they are taking the "big" franchises anyway, for the first time I just don't feel like I need to be in line right away.

At most I'd wait for some of the inevitable bundles with special edition consoles that Nintendo seems to do after a few years out - that Zelda Wii U console was pretty sweet, I just couldn't justify buying a new one just for that.

But if they do have backward compatibility with my existing digital library, then I will think about it. I'm a physical media person in most cases for this very reason, but I've trusted Nintendo to do it right - I just hope they are keeping folks like me that felt rather burned over Wii U in mind.

Mike S

Easily a grand if I include Wii VC. For perspective, for the first two years they did the Deluxe Digital promotion where you got back 10% back on digital downloads, I got $75 in certificates LOL. And that was the first two years.

I could have both, but that's the thing - I have a dual TV setup with a HDMI Matrix, so it's not that kind of problem (though power outlets are scarce) - it's that if I have to keep my Wii U anyway, there isn't enough to get me to want a Switch too. I have enough devices and given how disappointed I have been in how they are taking the "big" franchises anyway, for the first time I just don't feel like I need to be in line right away.

At most I'd wait for some of the inevitable bundles with special edition consoles that Nintendo seems to do after a few years out - that Zelda Wii U console was pretty sweet, I just couldn't justify buying a new one just for that.

But if they do have backward compatibility with my existing digital library, then I will think about it. I'm a physical media person in most cases for this very reason, but I've trusted Nintendo to do it right - I just hope they are keeping folks like me that felt rather burned over Wii U in mind.
I never bought enough to ever take advantage of that promotion. Not enough interested me. I'm keeping my Wii U mostly because I'm in the rare position that my sister won one for free some years back and doesn't want it anymore so that's the one I'll be trading in lol. If there was a way to transfer Virtual Console from both 3DS and Wii U that would be amazing. It is a hybrid after all.

They're not hooked up but I even still have my Wii and GameCube.

Bairstow

The Switch looks interesting, but it really just looks like a more expensive, less ergonomic version of what a lot of people have been doing with their androids for years.

moga-pro-controller.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom