A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

MagicHappens1971

It changed big time in 1984 and hasn't changed much since. Most of the execs around under Iger were around under Eisner. Eisner was publicly vocal about wanting Staggs to be the CEO after Iger - Staggs was hired by Eisner years ago.

The best thing that could happen to Disney in 2018 would be fresh, bold blood from outside.
Definitely, I mean my uncle doesn't think they're going bankrupt anytime soon, just that some of their ventures made sense at the time and no longer do. And that Disney needs fresh blood like you said

Nickels5

I know there was a lot of talk about Petes dragon on here, and I just wanted to say the movie was excellent, in my opinion it's better then jungle book which I thought was good as well.

MagicHappens1971

I'm cringing, I really hope nothing becomes of this or its fake. Supposedly it would be more of a thing where you put it on a different band rather then them shipping you a brand new band with the same technology every time? I also can't see this saving Disney money. Unless it's more for the Disneyland system?
cringe.png

Image via: http://www.chipandco.com/disney-working-magic-band-replacement-246214/

Mike S

I'm cringing, I really hope nothing becomes of this or its fake. Supposedly it would be more of a thing where you put it on a different band rather then them shipping you a brand new band with the same technology every time? I also can't see this saving Disney money. Unless it's more for the Disneyland system?
View attachment 155948
Image via: http://www.chipandco.com/disney-working-magic-band-replacement-246214/
You know what could've saved them and even made money in the long run? Focusing on actual attractions that, you know, attract guests and give the added bonus of additional capacity. Why try to fix the system that wasn't broken for over 50 years? Instead they're continuing to shovel more and more money into this money sink of a system.

MagicHappens1971

You know what could've saved them and even made money in the long run? Focusing on actual attractions that, you know, attract guests and give the added bonus of additional capacity. Why try to fix the system that wasn't broken for over 50 years?
Omg?!?!?!? An idea that makes sense!?!?! I honestly can't imagine that the Disney execs had any inclination that MyMagic+ would wind up costing as much as it wound up costing. The overall expense (in my opinion) wouldn't outweigh the cheaper costs for more attractions spread out throughout for years to come. I do appreciate the connivence of the magicbands, but not the outcome of WDW loosing money that should have went to attractions. I personally feel that there was no need for the magicbands, because if they really wanted the TouchPoints, they could've just used the KTW cards just like they use the hard tickets. I remember testing the system years and years ago, they put a sticker on our paper tickets to tap with the touchpoints.

HauntedMansionFLA

You know what could've saved them and even made money in the long run? Focusing on actual attractions that, you know, attract guests and give the added bonus of additional capacity. Why try to fix the system that wasn't broken for over 50 years? Instead they're continuing to shovel more and more money into this money sink of a system.
I wish they get rid of all fast pass systems. They can keep the bands to buy "stuff" and get into your rooms.

FigmentJedi

I don't think it needed to...it was made for $65m. This is one of those 'solid singles/doubles' that they need to build their catalog for the after market.
That's a disappointment. I was hoping the one-two punch of Alice and this thing bombing would teach them a lesson or something. Of course, Pete's Dragon still needs over 130 million to start making a profit, what with how marketing budget is usually the same as the movie's.

TalkingHead

I don't think it needed to...it was made for $65m. This is one of those 'solid singles/doubles' that they need to build their catalog for the after market.

Didn't it make $21 million and open in third place? Seems low for opening weekend, but I didn't know where the expectations had been set.

Rodan75

That's a disappointment. I was hoping the one-two punch of Alice and this thing bombing would teach them a lesson or something. Of course, Pete's Dragon still needs over 130 million to start making a profit, what with how marketing budget is usually the same as the movie's.

Yeah..but this isn't Alice or BFG, they won't be reporting any losses due to Elliott. BFG should have cost 65m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom