A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Gees.. give the man his well earned props... we all say and do things in the ' wrong context" but I for one have to recognize that this poster gave us real news.. some thing that's been very very lacking around here..

Gees. Stop worshiping him. He got some things wrong. SWL is opening this year, not two years away. There is no Haunted Mansion restaurant.

Yes, other reliable insiders' leaks/rumors sometimes don't pan out because Disney keeps changing their minds (even after Disney themselves announce something, isn't that right, Main Street Theater?).

But if Spirit gets some of these projects wrong, then which inside scoop on corporate intrigue was also wrong? Who was feeding Spirit info, and did that person have an agenda? Did Spirit's agenda filter what he heard and we never heard all the nice things said about Iger to Spirit because he refused to repeat it?

And reliable news isn't lacking around here at all. I got a very lengthy set of posts to prove that...

LuvWDW2

Amen! The hero worship of him was/is ridiculous. So he knew things. His delivery, his smugness, his tangents, his aura was horrendous. I’m glad people are speaking out about what a jerk he was. That’s probably why he’s not posting under his normal moniker these days- his ego is beyond bruised knowing how many people dislike him (coupled with how easily he was forgotten).

Animaniac93-98

And reliable news isn't lacking around here at all. I got a very lengthy set of posts to prove that...

"Spirit sucks. He's an egotist who gets things wrong and thinks highly of himself. He acts like he's the king of the forums.

Myself? I'm very much the best doing everything around here. Here's 500 of my posts to prove this..."

lazyboy97o

"Spirit sucks. He's an egotist who gets things wrong and thinks highly of himself. He acts like he's the king of the forums.

Myself? I'm very much the best doing everything around here. Here's 500 of my posts to prove this..."
Are you suggesting that prodigious plagiarism does not make one the sole arbiter of what is and is not?

doctornick

Amen! The hero worship of him was/is ridiculous. So he knew things. His delivery, his smugness, his tangents, his aura was horrendous. I’m glad people are speaking out about what a jerk he was. That’s probably why he’s not posting under his normal moniker these days- his ego is beyond bruised knowing how many people dislike him (coupled with how easily he was forgotten).

Agreed. He occasionally added some good info and on occasion sparked some quality conversations, but too often just resorted to name calling and being abusive. The boards have been a much better place with him gone.

It's so ironic that a big complaint he had was about the "dumbing down" of WDW and yet that's exactly what he did to these boards with his posting style.

JoeCamel

Agreed. He occasionally added some good info and on occasion sparked some quality conversations, but too often just resorted to name calling and being abusive. The boards have been a much better place with him gone.

It's so ironic that a big complaint he had was about the "dumbing down" of WDW and yet that's exactly what he did to these boards with his posting style.
Yeah but ever so entertaining to read. Witness the views of these threads.

Cesar R M

Gees. Stop worshiping him. He got some things wrong. SWL is opening this year, not two years away. There is no Haunted Mansion restaurant.

Yes, other reliable insiders' leaks/rumors sometimes don't pan out because Disney keeps changing their minds (even after Disney themselves announce something, isn't that right, Main Street Theater?).

But if Spirit gets some of these projects wrong, then which inside scoop on corporate intrigue was also wrong? Who was feeding Spirit info, and did that person have an agenda? Did Spirit's agenda filter what he heard and we never heard all the nice things said about Iger to Spirit because he refused to repeat it?

Its like almost a clash of egos here.
"He was wrong in HIS list, I mean.. just look at MY list"

bingo lol

The Empress Lilly

Then again, Spirit's not all over your threads all the time, telling the readers how much you suck, and directing them to his threads instead.

Rodan75

Its like almost a clash of egos here.
"He was wrong in HIS list, I mean.. just look at MY list"

bingo lol

I don’t think @MisterPenguin has ever implied he was the insider, but rather this site has plenty of insiders who provide reliable info. Penguin aggregates those tidbits in his tracker threads without much opinion.

I appreciate the Penguin’s work.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Most of the people who bash and complain about @WDW1974, are the same people who tell others to stop "bashing and complaining" about Disney. lol. It appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds. -Doc Holiday

Seriously, the man hasnt posted here in a long time yet several people continue to come to this thread to tell us how much they cant stand him and theyre glad he is gone. Who are you trying convince? Us? or yourself?

Some people here have serious attachment disorders.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Then again, Spirit's not all over your threads all the time, telling the readers how much you suck, and directing them to his threads instead.
I don’t think @MisterPenguin has ever implied he was the insider, but rather this site has plenty of insiders who provide reliable info. Penguin aggregates those tidbits in his tracker threads without much opinion.

I appreciate the Penguin’s work.
I agree with both of these posts. That is all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom