A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

flyerjab

instead of raising this zombie again in a nearly 500 page thread - how about you all just continue your thoughts in the other more recent thread.

You know if spirit comes back he's not going to bury his thoughts in a multi-year old thread anyways. Let this thread die.

Thank you for posting this.

bjlc57

no let this thread live on.. and again..few , if any , had the true inside scoop as the main poster of this thread.. the spirit.. he called it like he saw it..like it or not.. and I for one, wishes that he returns today .. to tell us all , just what the heck is going on.. and how close is Disney to crashing..

Magenta Panther

no let this thread live on.. and again..few , if any , had the true inside scoop as the main poster of this thread.. the spirit.. he called it like he saw it..like it or not.. and I for one, wishes that he returns today .. to tell us all , just what the heck is going on.. and how close is Disney to crashing..

I'll always be grateful to Spirit for letting us know of the nefarious plot to desecrate the DHS Tower of Terror with Marvel crap. I like to think that the resultant storm of park guest/fan horror saved it. So if you're reading this, Spirit, THANK YOU. I think you helped save one of the Imagineer's greatest attractions. I can't think of the Tower now without thinking of you. Again, my heartfelt thanks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'll always be grateful to Spirit for letting us know of the nefarious plot to desecrate the DHS Tower of Terror with Marvel crap. I like to think that the resultant storm of park guest/fan horror saved it. So if you're reading this, Spirit, THANK YOU. I think you helped save one of the Imagineer's greatest attractions. I can't think of the Tower now without thinking of you. Again, my heartfelt thanks.

While someone in Disney Corp most likely asked about turning DHS's ToT into MB, it was dead in the water because the two towers were built differently.

Also, while Spirit was whipping up the mob about MB coming to Orlando, WDW was removing items from the ToT as part of a plan to create the TipTop Club, doubling down on the TZ IP. They eventually decided not to go ahead with the lounge, but it shows that Spirit was dead wrong about how much Orlando was 'in danger.'

IOW, it wasn't Spirit nor the uproar from the fans that 'saved' Orlando's ToT. If Spirit and the fans actually had that kind of power, then Anaheim's tower would still be TZ-based. And it ain't.

Magenta Panther

While someone in Disney Corp most likely asked about turning DHS's ToT into MB, it was dead in the water because the two towers were built differently.

Also, while Spirit was whipping up the mob about MB coming to Orlando, WDW was removing items from the ToT as part of a plan to create the TipTop Club, doubling down on the TZ IP. They eventually decided not to go ahead with the lounge, but it shows that Spirit was dead wrong about how much Orlando was 'in danger.'

IOW, it wasn't Spirit nor the uproar from the fans that 'saved' Orlando's ToT. If Spirit and the fans actually had that kind of power, then Anaheim's tower would still be TZ-based. And it ain't.

Um, okay, sure, oh omnipotent one. But we didn't know all this "info" at the time. I'm glad Spirit alerted us. I'm not taking back my thank-you because of hindsight. Assuming, of course, that what you say is accurate. I trust Martin, Magic Feather, and few others here. I appreciate your recaps of info - saves time. But you're not on my insider list. Deal.

TJJohn12

That's the first I've seen solid "confirmation" that there was a Tip Top in the works. Do you have the link on that one, Penguin? That'd have been a dream come true.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Um, okay, sure, oh omnipotent one. But we didn't know all this "info" at the time. I'm glad Spirit alerted us. I'm not taking back my thank-you because of hindsight. Assuming, of course, that what you say is accurate. I trust Martin, Magic Feather, and few others here. I appreciate your recaps of info - saves time. But you're not on my insider list. Deal.

Yes, I have an unimpeachable source...

Oh HELL no. The ride is note-perfect as is. What should be done, if ANYTHING, is to plus the attraction's effects (which is something that I think Martin mentioned might happen) and add a TipTop Club Restaurant nearby. THAT would be stellar.

And this...

This bar thing sounds kinda cool, but I wish TDO would build a full-fledged eatery based on ToT, with a 1930's Art Deco interior with muted colors, so that it would looked kinda dingy and creepy. There could be a pianist playing 1930's songs like "We'll Meet Again" and "Over The Rainbow" and "Stormy Weather", while the bar's windows would indicate that it's a stormy night outside, complete with flashes of lightning. It'd be soooooooooooo awesome.

TalkingHead

Who are you, again?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'm certainly wondering the connection between WDW1974 and Gary Snyder. Could that possibly be Spirit's identity? If not, I'm certain he's at least in contact with Mr. Snyder especially how he often loved to quote and refer to the previously article about Shanghai.
They may well know each other, or even know each other well, but Spirit is not Snyder.

While I certainly agree Snyder has obvious bias, that doesn’t mean what he says isn’t true. (Disclaimer: I haven’t read his new article yet)
Umm, you sure about that?
I knew him as Mike. Not Gary. Didn't know the last name.
Me too. Told me in a PM once because we share the name.

It's been seemingly confirmed in the threads about the back-and-forth between the Snyder brothers and Micechat that @WDW1974, otherwise known as "Spirit" is Mike Snyder and @the.dreamfinder is Gary Snyder. They are brothers to each other and cousins to the Sumner CBS/Viacom moguls.

People who knew Spirit personally and definitively asserted that (Gary) Snyder isn't Spirit (which is true) but then left out the "but his brother, Mike Snyder, is" have been way too clever in their obfuscation, IMO.

No Name

It was absolutely seriously looked at for Orlando, but cut because they didn’t care to spend the money and they couldn’t afford to have any more lost capacity. Spirit doesn’t like George K, but acknowledged he was very responsible for stopping it. Also worth noting that a cheaper clone built a decade later as a quick fix for the park will receive less opposition to change than the original. Lastly, the folks who choose to build a lounge are much lower down the ladder than those who make the decision on whether to change the attraction, and that’s not evidence in any way that Spirit was incorrect.

Also, he wasn’t incorrect.

I understand you aren’t his number one fan, but his information was often on point.

bjlc57

Gees.. give the man his well earned props... we all say and do things in the ' wrong context" but I for one have to recognize that this poster gave us real news.. some thing that's been very very lacking around here.. if you don't like the guy or his shirt or his shoes.. fine.. but give the guy some credit.. because his posts also "generated news posts " from the forum Newsies that you all really like.. it forced their hands and they came out and gave more info to add on to this guys posts.. Since this guy stopped posting the other well liked people have nearly stopped as well . so give this guy his due.. He has earned it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom