A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Missing20K

Now I will admit he went to far with a lot but I believe his changing of his profile was to mock the Disney company erasing any mention of alligators in their parks following the tragedy rather than mocking the boy and his family.
Yes it was discussed a few pages prior. And I responded in kind.

Didn't know any of this. Appreciate everyone for informing me.

Perhaps there would have been a more tactful way of presenting his argument. Though 74 was never known for being tactful.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I believe his changing of his profile was to mock the Disney company erasing any mention of alligators in their parks following the tragedy rather than mocking the boy and his family.
This is exactly why he changed the avatar. To mock Disney and their ridiculous knee jerk reaction to eliminate any form of alligators from the parks and resorts.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Agreed. The notion reeks of gatekeeping. It's condescending to people who were introduced to something new that they genuinely enjoy, and not because they are deluded Disney stans, but because Disney has the bucks and the clout to bring Marvel to a mainstream audience. I get so tired of people desperate to separate "real fans" from "bandwagoners." It does not matter. Just let people enjoy the tiny scrap of joy they manage to scrounge up in this hellscape.
Nothing wrong with a person becoming a Marvel/Disney fan via the MCU. The problem is that many of them want Marvel attractions NOW! and they could care less about layered theme and storytelling in a theme park, which is the very fabric of what made WDW/DL such amazing places. They are brand addicts, not fans of the parks and resorts and they only care about when they will get their next fix and it comes at the expense of what was once a much more diverse and fluid experience.

ImperfectPixie

Nothing wrong with a person becoming a Marvel/Disney fan via the MCU. The problem is that many of them want Marvel attractions NOW! and they could care less about layered theme and storytelling in a theme park, which is the very fabric of what made WDW/DL such amazing places. They are brand addicts, not fans of the parks and resorts and they only care about when they will get their next fix and it comes at the expense of what was once a much more diverse and fluid experience.
I agree. I love Marvel and would love to see them in the parks, but give them their own gate. There are way too many people who fail to understand that the reason Disney feels the way it does is because of very careful planning.

truecoat

I agree. I love Marvel and would love to see them in the parks, but give them their own gate. There are way too many people who fail to understand that the reason Disney feels the way it does is because of very careful planning.

Disney isn't going to build any new theme parks in the US anytime in the near future. They purchased Marvel 10 years ago and have made 7 billion box office in the US alone. It's time for some quality attractions and they've had the time to plan for it.

ImperfectPixie

Disney isn't going to build any new theme parks in the US anytime in the near future. They purchased Marvel 10 years ago and have made 7 billion box office in the US alone. It's time for some quality attractions and they've had the time to plan for it.
You might be right...however, if WDW and Disneyland get so full that they have to initiate phased closings on the regular, there's no way they're going to let $$ walk off the table, and their marketing seems to indicate that they wouldn't be upset if that happened.

Bairstow

Do the “behind the seeds tour” and find out! It is a great value, and worth it, if your next trip you are looking for that added experience...
I mean, I'm curious, but I ain't $25 curious, and just because they say something on the tour doesn't make it factual.

brb1006

tUBiGrX_d.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

jt04

I remember the days when TWDC was elated to have a sing!e film hit 100 million at the box office.

And not that long ago either. Early 2000s. I'm pretty sure none of the spirit's false narratives on these boards still carry any weight at all. Into the ether.

bhg469

Do the “behind the seeds tour” and find out! It is a great value, and worth it, if your next trip you are looking for that added experience...
I keep telling myself "next visit" Now that I havent been to the parks in a few years and i am more or less done with them, we are actually contemplating becoming floridians. When we do I can guarantee I will be getting the epcot after 4 pass. The behind the seeds tour will happen.

bcoachable

Wondering out loud here...
The prices of the parks are ever increasing...
So average folk (like me (teachers salary, no complaining, LOVE what I get to do everyday)) can not afford to go very often any more, but still would like to be able to visit the parks from time to time.
After carefull (or not so) consideration, theyt make the decision to move to Orlando and find employent, get an annual pass, and end up overcrowding WDW parks, and raise the cost of living to California levels from that angle...

Epcot82Guy

I keep telling myself "next visit" Now that I havent been to the parks in a few years and i am more or less done with them, we are actually contemplating becoming floridians. When we do I can guarantee I will be getting the epcot after 4 pass. The behind the seeds tour will happen.

I highly recommend the tour.

But I may be biased as a former tour guide for them... :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom