A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

peter11435

Not to mention I don't believe they removed the one in Disney Springs. It was very bizarre ... and in this case, yes, he was mocking Disney. But I see why some found it distasteful. Some of you have to understand, he presented a persona, a shock personality to get attention, and it worked. I'm not knocking him, but that's what you have to do, create a personality. He did. For better or worse. LOL
The issue with the haphazard implementation of the gator removal was that it was largely individual local leaders making decisions on their own to remove depictions in their areas. That’s why some were removed and other were not. And why some things returned and others did not. In the case of the one at Disney Springs that belongs to rainforest cafe.

bcoachable

Wondering if anyone on here knows him personally, and can give us an update on his daily dealings as of today?
He obviously has had a history with the company...

Kman101

The issue with the haphazard implementation of the gator removal was that it was largely individual local leaders making decisions on their own to remove depictions in their areas. That’s why some were removed and other were not. And why some things returned and others did not. In the case of the one at Disney Springs that belongs to rainforest cafe.

Thank you :)

the.dreamfinder

If you find 74's avatar distasteful (or his overall persona being abrasive), that's fine. But I still wanted to make it clear that the avatar was not intended to make fun of the victim. It's fully directed towards mocking Disney and the weird and twisted up way they addressed this mess.

Animatronics (even the best and most complex ones, let alone the limited motion ones) are routinely removed overnight when they exhibit issues. Disney doesn't install items prone to being temperamental and breakage without an easy, quick and cheap way to remove them.

As I said, the crocodile animatronics from Living with the Land were removed, in spite of not being "front and center" as you put it. Yet they didn't touch other figures, in spite of requiring a similar amount of effort at best. They could have even used a scrim for the Haunted Mansion portrait...

Now I'm of the opinion that Disney should have left all of these references alone. No one would have even thought to complain had Disney not called attention to them. But the fact remains that they chose to selectively ignore the scenes ACTUALLY involving alligators attacking and eating people and instead only went after the benign references. Again all a pointless and unnecessary knee jerk reaction to begin with. But thanks to the selective nature of these removals, they even managed to botch that.

We also caught a glimpse at the ugly side of Disney management when they ordered cast members to lie to guests about the presence of actual alligators on property. A cast member exposed and called this out to the public, and she was fired for it. Her story went viral though. Disney tried to cover things up and play too much damage control with this situation, it backfired on them.
Just to add, Spirit also pointed out that Disney had a very laissez faire policy towards guests feeding alligators , which is illegal in Florida.

editied: correction from crocodile to alligator

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

disneyflush

I had some personal email conversations while he was still posting here. He was a nice gentleman, a very caring man.

I wondered what happened to Spirit and @Lee on here. They seemed pretty friendly with each other but haven't seen anything from either in a long while. Spirit is/was a lot of things across the spectrum but its hard to argue he had plenty of passion for Disney parks. I believe he was also younger than I assumed he would be based on his posting history/knowledge (I swear he said he was in his forties a couple years ago and I had assumed he was 10-15 years older than that). He could probably start his own blog/website fairly easily and get enough views to be worth his while.

Kman101

I had some personal email conversations while he was still posting here. He was a nice gentleman, a very caring man.

I do believe he cares. A lot of us just didn't like his rhetoric, but he knew were I stood on that lol. He's not some super villain people make him out to be. But I can see why some resisted his style and that it would rub some the wrong way, and I think many points he had often got lost in the back and forth.

The Empress Lilly

I wondered what happened to Spirit and @Lee on here. They seemed pretty friendly with each other but haven't seen anything from either in a long while. Spirit is/was a lot of things across the spectrum but its hard to argue he had plenty of passion for Disney parks. I believe he was also younger than I assumed he would be based on his posting history/knowledge (I swear he said he was in his forties a couple years ago and I had assumed he was 10-15 years older than that). He could probably start his own blog/website fairly easily and get enough views to be worth his while.
1974 was a bit of a clue to his birthyear...

Most of us EPCOT/WDW bittereinders are still just in our forties. WDW turned from 'Heaven on Earth' to 'mean-spirited zoo' not that long ago.

GeneralZod

I kind of agree, it's basically become a zombie thread at this point.

I had an idea that I thought of the other day that I'd like to put out there. What about instead of the Spirited threads, someone starts a "Miscellaneous Thought" thread similar to the one in the Disneyland Forum? People could go there to post odd news that doesn't deserve a full thread, as well as whatever else is on their mind, without the need to stay "on topic" like is necessary in the Spirit threads. That way there could still be an "anything goes" thread but this one could be put to rest.
I despised reading 74's thread, but it was always where general information was disclosed. I agree and thought it would be better served to have a "Water Cooler" thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom