A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

smile

And no one would call a water park a theme park! That would be silly! Right, Universal?

Well...

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon would qualify as water theme parks.

i think all the waterparks in orlando are pretty great, and will defend vb as the best, mainly for it's freshness...
but eye roll every time i see/hear that reference - for decades, the company down the way has had every right to push that and hasn't.

Princess Leia

Shame. It was very enjoyable. Haven’t really cared for Pooh since I was a little kid but this movie had me smiling beginning to end.
I really want to see it. It just seems like a flashback to childhood. However, Xi in China hates the idea that people are comparing him to Pooh, so...

On a related note, I swung by my parents house an hour ago and saw that my mom was wearing her Pooh shirt that she got at WDW awhile back. I don’t think that she has any idea that the movie exists, but if she’s wearing it to go to the theaters and see it without me, I will be very upset.

geekza

None of it was personal attacks? Huh? He certainly talked about "attacking" Justin Bieber and raping women. You guys really need to stop dismissing this stuff. You can say he apologized, you can say it is old, but it looks really bad when you try to downplay what he did say. I'd rather he said "so and so is ugly or stupid" or that type of thing instead of the truly vile stuff he did. Trust me, this "oh it wasn't so bad!" stuff is going to bite you guys in the behind in the future.

It's not that I "feel more strongly" about them - I just don't think we should be glossing over what they were. I didn't say they were criminal, either. I have said since the very beginning I was not happy he was fired over this. But I also think people are being a bit selective by trying to make it out like they were just a few innocent jokes.

I mean, he was writing "joke" posts about having sex with Justin Bieber...when Bieber was only 16. Would we be quite so quick to dismiss them if these "resurfaced" sex jokes were instead about raping Daktoa Fanning, and he was conservative? I don't think so. We all know it would be totally different.

And while it seems people want to pretend they were just pedophile "jokes", because somehow that means it is a "conspiracy" or whatever, they are also ignoring the female rape "jokes" - which make it more 'real'. Let's also not forget about the SHEER VOLUME of material we are talking about.

Just to say they were jokes that "were not to some people's taste" is totally whitewashing them. These were sick, terrible things that even ten years ago it wasn't right to say. It wasn't just some momentary lack of judgement. I don't care if others were doing it, or that some people thought it was cool and edgy - these types of statements were never okay.

I hate to have to point all this out, but when you guys systematically ignore the facts and keep trying to make it out like he is some 100% victim who did nothing whatsoever wrong to begin with, that this is all just a-OK behavior, but these darn conservative crazies are just going after him out of thin air, I can't help but do a reality check as to what it really is we are talking about.
I guess I just feel like there is a world of difference between jokes and actions. With jokes, you either think they're funny or you don't. In Gunn's case, it was blatantly obvious that he was joking. Will my opinion come back to "bite" me in the future? In this case, I doubt it. If it does, it just means that society has moved past the point of reason.

I've said my piece. I understand your position. I just vehemently disagree with it.

AEfx

I guess I just feel like there is a world of difference between jokes and actions.

That's a straw man. I don't think anyone here is arguing that somehow he is guilty of child molestation.

I absolutely agree there is a difference between jokes and actions - I'm generally the one trying to make people understand that. In this case, however, when you make "jokes" about sex with actual children, and further make other "jokes" mentioning these things your friend, who is now a convicted pedophile, you really have a crossed a line and that people dismiss them as "jokes" is just kind of sick, to be honest.

As I said, though, I do think many would feel much differently about, say, the comments about having sex with an underage Justin Bieber (said at a time Justin was 16) was about an underage girl at the time, like Daktoa Fanning, and it was a "joke" uncovered by SJW's and he was conservative.

You can agree that the punishment didn't fit the actions he did, but that people are trying to minimize those actions says more about not wanting to accept the truth of what actually did happen, and just trying to make excuuses because you like him and his politics, and don't like the politics of those that brought it up.

AEfx

If you told me 5 years ago the actor for Drax the Destroyer thought he could call the shots vs Iger I’d have called you crazy

His most recent tweets just made me think of how ironic it is that yet another person is essentially destroying their career with/over Twitter statements...all in a hub-bub about....Twitter statements. He has gone past making his opinion known and has veered into insubordination territory. I know some are cheering him on because they really like what he is saying, but what he has now officially crossed the line to unprofessional and not something a future employer is going to want to risk happening to them (since it seems he has no interest in working for Disney past GotG3, regardless).

By saying the only reason he is coming back for GotG3 is because of his contract, I think he isn't realizing how highly replaceable he really is. Drax is funny because of the way he is written, specifically to be acted "badly". That's what makes people laugh. I like his portrayal and all, but he wasn't exactly chosen for his acting ability, either. If he really doesn't want to come back but feels obligated, I'm sure Disney would accommodate his wishes and replace him. I wonder if John Cena is available?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom