A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Herbie

This thread was in the wrong place to begin with. We have both a Trip Report forum and an Asian Parks Forum, either of which would have been more appropriate.

This isn't a trip report. This is a Spirit thread, detailing the various aspects and recent ongoings concerning Disney and eventually... how it relates to WDW. Apparently whatever is happening with Shanghai is going to affect us.

bclane

It is apparent that people who follow this thread are totally incapable of staying on topic. So, as long as no forum rules are broken, and the OP allows it to wander, you're on your own.

But it's interesting to see how a thread with a topic about the Asian parks has become another Disney vs Universal argument.
I've never really understood the Disney vs Uni argument. Can't we love them both for what they are.

Anyway, I haven't been to Shanghai yet but I have spent a few days at TDL and I can confirm that is definitely worthy of all the praise it receives. And it is so clean that it sparkles! Several times at TDL a cast member ran up and literally took the trash out of our hands as soon as we unwrapped whatever we were eating or as soon as we finished a drink. It was crazy how they would show up at exactly the right moment and ask for our rubbish. I might have been offended that they didn't trust me to not litter but they were just so dang polite about it that it just made the place even more magical for us.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've never really understood the Disney vs Uni argument. Can't we love them both for what they are.

Anyway, I haven't been to Shanghai yet but I have spent a few days at TDL and I can confirm that is definitely worthy of all the praise it receives. And it is so clean that it sparkles! Several times at TDL a cast member ran up and literally took the trash out of our hands as soon as we unwrapped whatever we were eating or as soon as we finished a drink. It was crazy how they would show up at exactly the right moment and ask for our rubbish. I might have been offended that they didn't trust me to not litter but they were just so dang polite about it that it just made the place even more magical for us.

You also notice a quality difference at TDR when you have seemingly twice as many CM's working an attraction than you do at WDW...everyone is able to be more accommodating and they're having to worry about less things overall = less stress.

I've said this many times but Japan overall has a very high degree of customer service already and people will go out of their way to help you if you're lost, etc.

csmat99

It is apparent that people who follow this thread are totally incapable of staying on topic. So, as long as no forum rules are broken, and the OP allows it to wander, you're on your own.

But it's interesting to see how a thread with a topic about the Asian parks has become another Disney vs Universal argument.
I blame it on the ADHD meds wearing off.

csmat99

Spirit - to try and get this back on topic. Where would you say SDL biggest failure was? Sounds to me instead of keeping things tightly together and easy movement from land to land and allow expansion to happen on outside they left hugh pieces of land in middle of park to transverse.

bclane

You also notice a quality difference at TDR when you have seemingly twice as many CM's working an attraction than you do at WDW...everyone is able to be more accommodating and they're having to worry about less things overall = less stress.

I've said this many times but Japan overall has a very high degree of customer service already and people will go out of their way to help you if you're lost, etc.
100% agree. The whole experience was off the chart amazing at TDL. It actually surpassed the Disney of my childhood memories. Honestly, I have no idea if WDW was as awesome as I remember it being back when it was brand new, but TDL is definitely everything I wish WDW was today.

brb1006

Japanese culture takes their non littering very seriously.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Is that how it seems?, Yes we've been chatting about universal but more in the context of quality of service at . wdw,uni and asian parks

And it would not BE a Spirited thread without discussion of Pizza

Astro Blaster

To add to the discussion of which "foreign" Disney park to visit first; that decision should be based on which country you would rather visit. The parks can easily be experienced well in a couple of days, and with the cost/commitment that comes with overseas travel, it makes sense to couple the Disney park with a larger trip.

Astro Blaster

I agree. For me, I've always wanted to go to Japan. Moreso than France. So that makes my decision easier to which foreign Disney park I wanna visit first.
Japan is an amazing country. I'm lucky to have a Japanese aunt with family that lives there, so I got to experience the "local" Japan in her hometown before going to Osaka, Kyoto, bullet train to Tokyo, and eventually ending in a couple of days at TDR. Probably the best trip of my life. People, food, cleanliness, efficiency, scenery - all top notch.

DLP is a short train ride from Paris and is directly connected to central London via a 2 and a half-ish hour express train (the station is about 10 feet from the Resort entrance), so it is easily included in a bigger Europe trip.

I have not yet been to a China park (or China itself for that matter), but the parks seem to be easily accessible from their related cities. Hope to do a big China visit at some point that includes Hong Kong, Shanghai, and the two parks.

bclane

Japan is awesome. I've visited 5 times and still try to go back as often as I possibly can...even considered moving there but it's difficult.
It is awesome that is for sure. Amazing cultural experience and a beautiful countryside too when you get out of the city. We were there for 5 weeks a few years back and barely scratched the surface of things to do. We even included Okinawa in the trip which is fantastic if you dive. Japan is definitely one of my favorite places to visit.

cheezbat

I would be okay with WDC charging for FP+ for non resort guests, but for resort guests and the costs of staying on property already too high, I think it needs to be included.
Disagree.

If you're going to make day guests pay for it, make everybody pay for it. There are way too many hotel guests. This isn't Universal with five hotels...it's a Disney with twenty five hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom