A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

ThemeParkJunkee

Great to see you posting again @WDW1974 . I found your order of how Americans should visit Disney Parks to be very interesting. It was my plan, originally to visit Tokyo first. Now that you suggest it, Paris would be a good first foray into the foreign parks in that it would be less "foreign". If a person did two separate trips, one to Europe and one to Asia, which Asian park(s) would you suggest skipping if time was somewhat limited. I also want to see historical sites, museums etc.

asianway

Great to see you posting again @WDW1974 . I found your order of how Americans should visit Disney Parks to be very interesting. It was my plan, originally to visit Tokyo first. Now that you suggest it, Paris would be a good first foray into the foreign parks in that it would be less "foreign". If a person did two separate trips, one to Europe and one to Asia, which Asian park(s) would you suggest skipping if time was somewhat limited. I also want to see historical sites, museums etc.
I did Tokyo first, aside from making me more bitter, I was fine.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It is.

The park was wildly successful. Despite some cultural and operational mistakes. Temple of Peril was bought off shelf and storybookland was fast tracked both to try and provide more capacity for summer 93. Space Mountain was brought forward.

The wider resort dragged down the park with it. Too many expensive hotel rooms. All built by 1992 to minimise disruption later, but providing an excess of rooms. As Eisner said about building six hotelsat once "damned if we do and damned if we don't"

There was also less guest spending than anticipated due to opening at the start of the European recession.

The parks profits couldn't shore up the gaping hole the wider resort was making in the interest repayments.

In a nutshell. But we digress.

And lets not forget that DLP sucked the Tomorrowland retheme funds away from WDW and that's why TL looks half finished. (Because it IS)

SoManyWasps

WDW's Tomorrowland retheme was finished for the most part. It's DL's that got the short end of the stick, and is still suffering to this day because of it.
My first DL trip is next month and I'm bracing myself for the state of Tomorrowland. It's been my favorite land in MK since I was a lad, but I'd be lying if I said it lives up to my expectations today.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

My first DL trip is next month and I'm bracing myself for the state of Tomorrowland. It's been my favorite land in MK since I was a lady, but I'd be lying if I said it lives up to my expectations today.
With the exception of the Peoplemover at WDW, I think Disneyland's is superior.

Yes, CoP is lost, and I actually love the entrance to WDW, but I still thought it was cooler. It also has the subs & a far superior Buzz. Star Tours is also a nice E-ticket to have.

Last edited:

VJ

Will get to this in the Tokyo part of the tale ... but absolutely love it and you must be channeling me as I bought the CD and was playing it in the car a few hours ago! BTW, parade will be going away in 2018. If it were the MK, it would play for ... how many years did the the snowglobe parade go on?
Happiness is Here is close to my favorite Disney parade (can't exactly tell if Happiness or Parade of Dreams is my favorite). The music is beyond catchy, the visuals are superb, the costumes are pretty great, it's a notch above the other Disney park parades (especially the new Paris one... eeyugh..) and I love it.

brb1006

Happiness is Here is close to my favorite Disney parade (can't exactly tell if Happiness or Parade of Dreams is my favorite). The music is beyond catchy, the visuals are superb, the costumes are pretty great, it's a notch above the other Disney park parades (especially the new Paris one... eeyugh..) and I love it.
Happiness Is Here and Parade Of Dreams are tied with how great a Disney daytime parade has gotten.

PizzaPlanet

My first DL trip is next month and I'm bracing myself for the state of Tomorrowland. It's been my favorite land in MK since I was a lad, but I'd be lying if I said it lives up to my expectations today.
Attraction lineup compared to WDW is debatable. Expect a massive disappointment aesthetically. From the abandoned PeopleMover tracks to Astro Orbiter clogging up the entrance, it's a disaster.

VJ

Thanks, but I have people who can get me things. That was largely sarcasm because if you hate that Disney is destroying two great 80s attractions that could be made great today to shove in quick IP hits, then you shouldn't be rewarding them by buying stuff that commemorates their current business model.
That's exactly what I was trying to say in the last thread but, as always, you're more articulate than I am. Agreed fully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom