A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

brb1006

Not to mention Bowser.
And a Mushroom appears briefly.
latest

solidyne

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-46059129

I didn’t know where to put this, but it’s in relation to Avatar: the BBC has a list of tentative titles for the 4 Avatar sequels, and I’m just going to put them here without comment

Ugh. Sounds laborious. Imagine having to watch all of these!

SweetDuffy101

Amazing how long term investment in built attractions is considered stupid, but not blowing $200+ million on an obvious box office flop.
I don’t get the hate about the Nutcracker. There are still territories around the world that The nutcracker haven’t hit cinemas yet, So I wouldn’t consider it a flop.

Especially countries like China and Japan that are Huge Money Makers with the Disney Brand.

Animaniac93-98

I don’t get the hate about the Nutcracker. There are still territories around the world that The nutcracker haven’t hit cinemas yet, So I wouldn’t consider it a flop.

Especially countries like China and Japan that are Huge Money Makers with the Disney Brand.

Movie is already out in 72% of the foreign market including China. It’s $38 million international opening means it’s bombing everywhere.

jt04

It appears some are striving to create a meme. Has me very interested in what is in this movie that has created this preemptive negativity. Can't wait to see it in theaters myself. And I rarely see musicals. Chicago was the last one.

CJR

New Disney movies are just like their newer theme park attractions, overpriced and deliver mixed results.

The Nutracker was an OK movie, better than A Wrinkle in Time, IMO (that's really not the bar you want to reach for though), but I think if Disney were to admit how much they spent on it, Lefou would spit out his brew.

It seems like Disney's taken Walt's "quality will out" to mean, "If we spend lots of money, that automatically makes it good." It (the company) lacks heart.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It appears some are striving to create a meme. Has me very interested in what is in this movie that has created this preemptive negativity. Can't wait to see it in theaters myself. And I rarely see musicals. Chicago was the last one.

It ain't a musical. It has one ballet scene presented as... a ballet... with breathless interruptions narrating what's happening. 🙄

Could have gone with something gloriously beautiful like the ballet scene from American in Paris... but nooooo.

I will say that the dancing it does have is exquisite, if not presented properly. Dance 10. Film 3.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Nutcracker's China opening - $12 million.

If it looks like a flop and sounds like a flop and smells like a flop...

jt04

It ain't a musical. It has one ballet scene presented as... a ballet... with breathless interruptions narrating what's happening. 🙄

Could have gone with something gloriously beautiful like the ballet scene from American in Paris... but nooooo.

I will say that the dancing it does have is exquisite, if not presented properly. Dance 10. Film 3.

Interesting. I'm looking forward to providing my take on it. Which you know will be unique but honest. Best I can do for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom