A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

smile

Didn't see this posted yet:

simply adore the fact he addresses this, but irony is going to start to show with continued inaction

for as long as this has gone on and for as long as someone which such stature as he has addressed it,
the situation remaining unresolved yet still in the public consciousness speaks bluntly on either the bureaucratic mess that twdc has become or on how valued the perspectives are of its most detail-oriented admirers - or both ;)

it is a mess... i mean, the yeti is really poor show only because better is known, but there are many other attractions across the resort running sub-optimally which don't result in tweets because they're not
- in that sense, this is marketing's fault for thinking it wise to unveil the magic prematurely :p

...but pointing fingers has gone on long enough, right?
in the grandest sense it's now about the sanctity of show either way, so... godspeed joe!

brb1006

I found this photo from a now deleted tweet when the "Disney Animals" sub-brand was revealed. Excuse the ant sized picture, since I can't find a bigger version of this picture. But it was from a Disney presentation in France a few days ago.
WQW1lem.jpg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I found this photo from a now deleted tweet when the "Disney Animals" sub-brand was revealed. Excuse the ant sized picture, since I can't find a bigger version of this picture. But it was from a Disney presentation in France a few days ago.
WQW1lem.jpg

Bigger? Google remembers...

1531121809822.png

It was mentioned upthread here, though the original Twitter account that posted it is poofed...

Looks like Disney Animals® will be the next brand for marketing to push. I guess they finally realized that some of their most consistently popular movies (Bambi, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians etc) don't fit into the categories of "Princess" or "Star Wars".

trainplane3

Tokyo's new fireworks "Celebrate" just premiered.

I have the stupidest grin right now. :happy:

While there is a massive lack of fireworks, I enjoyed that much more then HEA. It's nice to see them reflect on the rides/lands with the appropriate characters instead of sticking every movie Disney's made in your face.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tokyo's new fireworks "Celebrate" just premiered.

I have the stupidest grin right now. :happy:

Ugh... it's like someone found the zoom effect in their video editor and didn't know any other tricks. The framework is like Remember's tour of the park.. with really 'crude' using the castle as a projection screen.. vs use the castle as a workable canvas.

I'm glad WDW didn't spent money putting in the fountains.

I couldn't even watch that show without skipping around. Clearly whoever put that together was either really inexperienced with the video medium, or severely hamstrung. That is like an amped up version of the Once upon a time... completely skip-able.

brb1006

Ugh... it's like someone found the zoom effect in their video editor and didn't know any other tricks. The framework is like Remember's tour of the park.. with really 'crude' using the castle as a projection screen.. vs use the castle as a workable canvas.

I'm glad WDW didn't spent money putting in the fountains.

I couldn't even watch that show without skipping around. Clearly whoever put that together was either really inexperienced with the video medium, or severely hamstrung. That is like an amped up version of the Once upon a time... completely skip-able.
Apparently the trees light up.

Cousin Huet

Not sure there is anything to gain by engaging the public on Twitter. He comes across incredibly snarky and mean-spirited. Not saying he actually is, just saying it's not a good look to berate a person on Twitter, no matter the circumstances, as an extremely well-known film director for one of the world's largest, most visible multi-national corporations. Usually not well received by bosses and shareholders when you "talk down" to the consumer of your product. I think he would have been better served saying nothing. Let the PG rating and film speak for itself. imo, of course.

Eh, makes me like him more. I’m so tired of the demands of the public that every little thing is tailored to their personal tastes. From berating employees of companies trying to do their jobs to always finding a reason to be offended, the general public has jumped the shark. I’m over them! I hope to see more snarky replies to whiny people everywhere.

Missing20K

Eh, makes me like him more. I’m so tired of the demands of the public that every little thing is tailored to their personal tastes. From berating employees of companies trying to do their jobs to always finding a reason to be offended, the general public has jumped the shark. I’m over them! I hope to see more snarky replies to whiny people everywhere.

I have no personal opinion of the man, as I have never met or interacted with him. I am a fan of his work, particularly pre-Pixar.

I agree, everyone seems to find a reason to be offended these days. But ultimately, both parties are well within their rights to do exactly what they did.

My only point was I don't think it's a great look for Disney as a representative of their company. Even though he was correct in his assessment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom